Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

When should you call an ambulance?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Blaserman

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
When should you call an ambulance?

Here is a bit of advice and guidance for when you should dial up for a Big White Taxi and when you should not dial up for a Big White Taxi.

“Should I dial up?”

Ask yourself the following questions before you call a Big White Taxi::

* Is the casualty's illness or injury life threatening?
* Could the illness or injury become worse, or even life-threatening on the way to the hospital
* Could moving the casualty cause further injury?
* Does the casualty need the skills or equipment of the BWTS and personnel?
* Would traffic conditions cause a delay in getting the person to hospital?
If the answer is yes to the questions above then call a motor. If you have any doubts about your ability to decide whether or not an ambulance is required, err on the side of caution and call for one.

You should call a Big White Taxi if the patient is presenting with::

* Stroke, or symptoms of a stroke, which may include sudden numbness or weakness in the face, arm, leg or one side of the body, sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding, sudden vision problems, dizziness and sudden severe headache.
* Heart attack, or its symptoms, which may include pain and/or pressure in the chest, pain spreading to the shoulders, arms or neck, feeling faint or out of breath, nausea and sweating.
* Traumatic injury. Signs of a traumatic injury may include severe bleeding or less obvious conditions such as a possible injury to the head, neck or back.
* Unconsciousness.
* Breathing problems, such as a severe asthma attack.

You DO NOT dial up for any of these things

* If you have just taken drugs or smoked cannabis and you “feel funny”, that’s the whole point of you abusing your body with drugs.
* If you have just had a nightmare or a dream where you have had a premonition.
* If you want mum / dad / aunty / uncle out of the way for a few days while you go on holiday.
* If you or one of your relatives comes to the UK either legally or illegally and you have left your medicine back in your home country that you have just deserted.
* If you have a cough / cold / blocked nose / runny nose / shivers: See your GP.
* If you are having a baby. You are not ill you are in a condition that you got yourself into. You should have made proper arrangements earlier like the other 160,000 mothers do every year
* If you want a prescription picking up from the chemist * If you cannot open the pill bottle the Chemist gave you..
* If you are lonely and want someone to talk to.
* If you cannot find your cat / dog / hamster / mouse / goldfish.
* If you are in hospital already and you want PJ’s picking up from home.
* If you or your stupid friends are pi*#ed and can’t get home.
* If you have harmed yourself or taken an overdose. You done it you can sort it out.
* If you have an Outpatient Appointment / blood test / Xray / diabetic clinic or you want to visit your mum in the Hip Replacement Clinic but haven’t got the bus fair.
* If you have fallen over and scuffed your knee / hands but called us “just in case”
* If you come across a pi*#head in the street and you want to show off your new mobile phone to all the by standers. Leave the pi*#head alone.
* If you are on a bus / train / car and you see a pi*#head in the street
* If you see two young kids scrapping in the street.
* If you have a football injury.
* And you must never EVER call after 06:30 or 18:30 because we have been answering calls like those above and we want to go home on the hour.
 "The fate of the wounded lies in the hands of the one who applys the first dressing"

Club MTR

Club Powerplant 

Post #45328513th Apr 2009 10:43 am
stevemac

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

When I lay in bed two weeks ago with what I thought was chronic gut ache, but later found to be a burst appendix, I should have dialled 999 Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

When SWIMBO came home from work that night I still declined the ambulance and got her to drive me to hospital in her Golf GT with hard suspension. I felt every lump and bump Rolling Eyes Pain, I've never felt anything like it, when the triage nurse said 'whats your pain level on a scale of 1-10', I said '15 and climbing'. Oh the bliss of morphine Laughing

What really makes it frustrating, as I sit here with my 6" scar, is my new HSE, under 250 miles on the clock, collected two days before I became ill, is sitting in the garage.

Now when I'm properly recovered - next week Rolling with laughter - running in starts seriously.

Good post Blaserman, just wish I'd read it two weeks ago.
 D3 HSE MY09, auto, Santorini Black, Black leather, Black windows ... black IS the colour ...
Golf Mk6 GT TSi, Red - supercharger and turbo - the pocket rocket!
Gone but not forgotten:-
D3 XS MY08, manual, Java Black, black leather
1999 TD5 XS auto Oxford blue
1994 300Tdi auto Niagra grey

Life is a voyage of Discovery ... now where did I put the map and compass! 

Post #45330913th Apr 2009 12:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

you can fit your HSE in the garage? lucky b Censored ger must have a big garage Very Happy

hope you're feeling better..

Post #45342313th Apr 2009 5:16 pm
stevemac

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

You got me there - poetic license I'm afraid. Sits in the same place everyone else's does.......... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Recovering, slow but sure. Thanks for the kind words.
 D3 HSE MY09, auto, Santorini Black, Black leather, Black windows ... black IS the colour ...
Golf Mk6 GT TSi, Red - supercharger and turbo - the pocket rocket!
Gone but not forgotten:-
D3 XS MY08, manual, Java Black, black leather
1999 TD5 XS auto Oxford blue
1994 300Tdi auto Niagra grey

Life is a voyage of Discovery ... now where did I put the map and compass! 

Post #45346913th Apr 2009 6:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >