Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Camping Near Eden Project Cornwall
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Chris1969

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Alveston RedDiscovery 3

... thats certainly worth knowing about... As much as I love Pentewan and have been going many years, they have changed all of the booking arrangements which means its unlikely I will get a pitch next year because they have pretty much all gone... but let's not open THAT can of worms!!! Twisted Evil

Cheers for the 'Eden Valley' tip off Thumbs Up

Post #115701913th Sep 2013 1:35 pm
Somerset Jem

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Quote:
its unlikely I will get a pitch next year because they have pretty much all gone... but let's not open THAT can of worms!!!

I know what you mean Crispie1969, we normally book 1st Nov for the following year but we booked while we were there in August this year. We're also in 'the ballot' for front pitches but there are 3 families so bit of a longshot. On the plus side we're hoping it may be the end of the corrupt system that has existed for years where the same people miraculously get a front pitch year after year Twisted Evil
Jem

Post #115702413th Sep 2013 1:44 pm
Chris1969

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Alveston RedDiscovery 3

lol... I know what you mean about the same people getting the front pitches! Yeah we usually book 1 November as well. Didn't go down this year due to arrival of son number 2, but my friends managed to book their normal pitches, but not for our normal 2 weeks... but the pitch I usually have has gone so going to look at others. May be a blessing because the pitche we have is as close to the clubhouse as you can get and the noise does my head in sometimes!

You know the first year the new clubhouse opened... well they had all the doors and windows open so the volume was louder than ever. Spoke to Graham and he said it was because the Air Con wasn't working but it was being fixed... strange that the doors and windows were still all open the following year Laughing

Some pitches may free up once the ballot is done so we will see... but I'm told from I think November this year, you can book for 2015... 2015!!!!!! Does make me wonder if they have a bit of a cash flow problem.... But I am told that there were clear signs this year of considerable investment into site improvements.... signs to show which way to which Field Wink

Chris.

Post #115703613th Sep 2013 2:03 pm
Somerset Jem

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Chris, We're not big users of the clubhouse, the kids go down to use the pool and we have the occasional beer in there. We were on the front (for the 1st time in years) C18 this year and you could still hear the music from there at night! We've booked C106 this year but entered the ballot for front pitches. Presuming everyone who has gone in the ballot for front pitches has also booked an alternative pitch, then you'd expect a load of pitches to become available around Oct 18th? Interesting point about the cash flow, they've spent a lot on the clubhouse, beach café etc so maybe the bank want their money back??
Anyway, we're there for the first 2 weeks in August, good luck with your booking Thumbs Up
Jem

Post #115705013th Sep 2013 2:31 pm
blue200tdi

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

http://www.edenvalleyholidaypark.co.uk/

It's a nice friendly park and a handy base for the Eden project, Newquay, Bodmin ETC book with them over the phone NOT through pitchup.com because they only release 10% of spaces to them. We had a great time there at the end of August.

It is a c&cc site but non members are welcome as we were. Thumbs Up Smile
 You guys are gonna be busier than a test bench in a plunger factory!
Java black 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE AUTO.
2014 Kawasaki ZZR1400 Performance sport. 

Post #115711613th Sep 2013 4:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >