Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Tips & Tricks

Webasto pre-heater controlled through GPS tracking device
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
steff

Denmark 2006 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3
Webasto pre-heater controlled through GPS tracking device

I can see that there is alot of talk about the webasto preheater system in the Discovery3 and I would like to tribute with some of my experience. In my HSE I had a webasto timer installed from the dealer and it works perfect !! Now we are working on installing a Dantrack DT 40 GPS tracking device (a "must" from the insurance company) it has one output so I will be able to control the webasto over the phone/SMS (start/stop).

I will follow up on this and let you know how it works !

Post #413927th Feb 2006 11:31 am
LaroTDV6

Denmark 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Timer FBH

Hej Steff

Which dealer do you use? Terminalen, Birkerød or Glad, Kalundborg?

I’ve asked LR-DK about a solution regarding timer for the FBH and they’ve told me that they are doing a test on a D3 TDV6 at the moment and they expect a solution at the end of February. But as I understand in your case, LR already offers a timer for the Webasto?

Looking forward too hear more, because I’ve had preheaters in my previous cars for about five years and I can’t get used to a cold car in the mornings… Wink

MFi

Post #415508th Feb 2006 9:31 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
arsi

Finland 2005 LR3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Done that.

You can not control the Webasto pre-heater dircetly using just on/off signal.
The pre-heater in D3 is a bus controlled unit and you need the oval shaped 1533 timer and some HW hacking to make it work.

Post #415908th Feb 2006 12:57 pm
BN

England 

I have spent over 10 months working with the makers Webasto and if they cannot make it work, it will be interesting to see how some outsider company can do it. As Arsi states, it cannot be done without the oval timer and the software and even then it will not work as LR originally planned it to. Webasto have the software, but LR have the codes, so not even Webasto who also make a mobile telephone operation system for boats, caravans, vans and cars can link it yet.

I started a thread in around March of 2005 about this and it has to be one of the largest on the site and with much controversy. Many have tried to achieve a fix, many have said they could but to date the only one is by Webasto Norway and even they have some problems with the fix they have made.

Webasto UK have a fix and it is being checked out right now for operation and their quality control standards together with safety.

Please let me know steff if you get your mobile activation system working, because a whole load of guys here will be interested and indeed Webasto Worldwide themselves.

Post #415978th Feb 2006 1:25 pm
LaroTDV6

Denmark 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

The system Land Rover Denmark is testing right now, is the one from Finland, which is also used in Sweden and Norway. Controlled by the oval timer.

Hope it will work…

MFi

Post #416108th Feb 2006 2:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

It will work, but it has limitations. One is that you cannot control it with a mobile as per any other Webasto heater.

Post #416128th Feb 2006 2:18 pm
steff

Denmark 2006 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

My car (TDV6 HSE) is imported from sweden and the webasto was installed by a swedish webasto technician. It has the 1533 timer and a original webasto manual specific for Land Rover Discovery 3. Regarding the GPS tracking device, it was the guy installing my parrot system and the tracking divice that told me that there could be a solution that maybe would work if I wanted to be able to start /stop the preheater over my mobile. He is a "BUS" technician and does solutions for peugot,ford. He gave me no promise that it will work ! But let's see what happends next week and I will let you all know !!

Post #416258th Feb 2006 4:25 pm
kolind

Denmark 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Any News ??

Dear LaroTDV6,

Do you have any news regarding the LR DK solution ?
I'm looking forward to hear what is happening !

Thanks in advance

Kolind Wink

Post #466469th Mar 2006 7:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >