Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Caravan with LED's
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Washwipe

England 

Tried the Swift Elegance coupled up, your right, but the D4 doesn't like it, Sargent do a box for it which the dealer will arrange before the handover.

Post #129904016th Jun 2014 7:40 pm
simon645

England 2005 LR3 TDV6 HSE Manual Java BlackLR3

fisherman wrote:
Fitted the module to my caravan and all works perfectly including the warning light on the dash. Thumbs Up

If you use more than 1 towcar and different, do you switch if off or will it not work ??

Post #129996018th Jun 2014 5:24 pm
fisherman

Wales 

The module is car specific, I did suggest they should be switchable but that may be something for the future. At present they will only work with the actual model the module is designed for.
It is extremely easy to install and would take about 10 mins to swap out if required.
I see you also have a 645, did your come with Led's also?
I must admit I wasn't expecting the Led setup as the brochure shows a standard incandescent fitting.
Cheers
Huw
 FFRR 2017 4.4SDV8 Autobiography. Cost so much I must be mad!
D4 HSE 2012 Like a second wife, more expensive but goes better! I almost cried this time!
D3 HSE 2006 (Almost 8 years together, true love)
Land Cruiser VX 1994 11 years together, wife cried when I p/ex'd for my D3 

Post #129996618th Jun 2014 5:47 pm
simon645

huw
I have a bessacarr cameo 645 2013 and tow this with either Disco3 or RRS no problems. On swift talk forum this seams to be a problem with 2014 new swift elegance models ! or is it all 2014 models No good at all if using several different tow vehicles !

Post #129999618th Jun 2014 6:44 pm
fisherman

Wales 

As said on the Swift forum, the problem lies with the car manufacturers for not agreeing a standard to which they all adhere. Swift/Sargent are left with the problem for their customers. They can't fit the module as most cars lighting will work just fine. It's generally just a few which cause problems. The other option is fitting a system to each of your tow cars to make them "normal".
It may be that one will work and one won't which will halve the cost, from what I've seen here it's far more expensive to sort the var than the caravan.
I just looked at the video/slideshow of the Bessacar and apart from the curtain in the bedroom area, looks exactly like my Conqueror. Even down to the trim fitted to the bathroom door.
D4 HSE 2012 Like a second wife, more expensive but goes better! I almost cried this time!

Post #130016719th Jun 2014 7:39 am
simon645

I think swift will have to sort there caravan led lights and there other issues they seem to have out before I would buy a new one. The bessacarr range has far more spec than the swift range, remote sunroofs, dab radio to mention just a few.

Post #130033519th Jun 2014 3:46 pm
fisherman

Wales 

I can't say I have any issues with my caravan at all. It all works well and nothing seems to want to fall off. I think the bling is generally the stuff that fails or falls off first and I've dodged all that with any luck. I am aware of other peoples issues with their caravans and it seems to me that Swift are on the ball regards service compared to most and will attempt to put things right if they go wrong. The Led's are not of Swifts doing by choice and are putting things in place to cater for European legislation. If the motor manufacturers had a standard by which they do things, Swift could make a rear Led light system that would work for everyone. From my experience they have been nothing but helpful. I have been caravanning for almost 30 years and only Carlight came close regarding customer care. My first Swift I had for 11 years from new and was happy with it's performance until the day I sold it, with confidence to my wifes Cousin. Not something I would do if I wasn't. I think the forums generally pull up those people with problems and having worked in a number of customer focused roles it usually takes something pretty bad to motivate someone to write in at all. So what you get is people with an axe to grind (where the maker is also online) with a bee in their bonnet, looking for someone to shout at. The reality is if you remain calm and ask for help, Swift are usually happy to give it. Many of those on the forum who have been helped will confirm this to be the case.
I think it all comes down to luck at the end of the day. Swift wouldn't be here if they sold rubbish, no doubt there will be those Friday afternoon vans which will be the curse of some poor so and so but there will also be the ones which, like mine, have a good relatively trouble free life. I just hope my new pride and joy falls into the latter category.
Thumbs Up

Post #130035119th Jun 2014 4:31 pm
Washwipe

England 

Just collected our Elegance 570, box of tricks for the lights fitted, not working as it should though lights on the van work ok, but I think the D4 does not know the van is there, no Trailer Indicator Warning Light (Legal Requirement) also when the van is connected and reverse selected, the Reversing Bleepers sound off constantly, both items worked with the previous van, also if it is not detecting the van, so therefore I doubt if it is activating the Trailer Stability Assist.
Genuine LR Electrics fitted.

Post #131031712th Jul 2014 1:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >