Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Centre console wiring - help!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
NickJ

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Centre console wiring - help!!

After taking six hours to remove half of the dashboard today to find out why my windscreen vents aren't working (trying to find and remove the damper motors) removing the main central vertical section around the radio/HVAC controls etc was made extremely difficult as I was unable to push the centre console between the seats far enough backwards.

This is because I can't work out how to pull off the electrical plug (orintated vertically) that's attached to a circuit board on the side of the auto gear selector. When looking forwards its to the right-hand side of the unit facing backwards, and the only electrical connection on the gear selector when the top trim has been removed, and forms part of the main wiring looms.

I've tried pulling outwards, upwards etc but it wont come out. I cant seen to find a catch on it that you'd usually oush it to unclip it. All of the other (many) plugs in the car have come out okay but the design of this one has me completety stumped. I dont want to yank in the wrong direction as because it seems to be attached to a PCB I thinks it's going to break.

Help! How does this come off?!

Post #77904126th Mar 2011 7:52 pm
hids4u

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

If youre talking about the console around the gearstick then look in my gallery there are some pics
There are quick release plugs at the end of the wires to the EPB, the gearselector and to the terrain control module. you can only lift the console about 5cm before you run out of cable. undo the EPB first then the terrain response then more room to the selector switch. from memory green plugs - feel in the middle and squash it to release

also from memory the console around the radio comes off without removing the centre console - provided its sat down in normal position

Post #77905926th Mar 2011 9:30 pm
NickJ

Thanks, but the plug in question isn't on the cover but attached to the gear selector. I've copied your photo as below and marked the plug in red.

BTW we couldn't get the centre section off without removing the centre console between the seats because of the way the two interlocked together.

Click image to enlarge

Post #77909426th Mar 2011 11:48 pm
NickJ

Bump!

Post #77920627th Mar 2011 3:19 pm
hids4u

Hi Nick
In that case i cant help - as i didnt need to take that off. Not sure why you do
i didnt think the console was interlocked with the other panel - once the rubber inserts were removed
r
ian

Post #77952528th Mar 2011 3:43 pm
NickJ

Ian,

Thanks. I need to push the centre console back a fair distance so I could get the central section of my dashboard out, that's the only way I could see it working and I couldn't see any other way around it.

There must have been loads of members here who have had to remove the centre console between the seats for one reason or another.... anyone....? Big Cry

Post #77959328th Mar 2011 6:38 pm
hids4u

Nick
I cant help feeling your trying to undo the wrong end of the cable
the plug you showed me on the pic shouldnt be the one you need to unplug to disconnect the console
try looking again at the part of the pcb/switch that is attached to the console around the gearshift part - there for sure must be the quick release plug there
R
Ian

Post #77962728th Mar 2011 7:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >