Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D3)

[Interior] Check your sunroofs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 10 <12345678910>
DISCO16

France 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

Hi all,i checked my sunroof a few weeks ago,my D3 is a 06 one,of course cracks on the both sides.
I asked my dealer to fix the problem,the warranty is of,but LR FRANCE takes 75% of the bill,and i think the extended warranty i took when i bought the car will take the other part.
My dealer speaks of 1300€ to change all the mechanism.

regards

Post #4764995th Jun 2009 6:17 am
bodger

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi all, Just had mine replaced 07 plate and gained a whistle at speed, going to put hose on it i am sure it will
fine (NOT).

Post #4773366th Jun 2009 10:05 pm
jjvd21

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3

I had mine replaced 2 years ago and I immediately had a noise at highway speed. Dealer didn't align the glass within the body cavity when closed. There was a gap on one side that would cause a noise. Check to make sure that the seal is equally compressed around the sunroof glass within the sunroof cavity when closed.
 16 D4 Landmark
05 D3 HSE V8
THE original D4 spotter 

Post #4773757th Jun 2009 1:18 am
bodger

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

You are right, the sunroof is not sitting equal front and back. I am sure it would be cheaper for the dealers
to do jobs right first time and give that customer confidence.

Post #4774327th Jun 2009 9:22 am
paulJ1

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Have an protracted conversation with LR Customer Service on this issue....

The feedback from engineering was as below :-

The concern in question (sunroof guide rails cracking on L319) is not a safety related issue, the cracks appear in the over moulding.

The effect exhibited would be that of a creaking noise during operation

The reason the cracks have appeared is due to the material heat aging over use.

The last point I object to as its complete balldocks, got my plastics man to draft a reply and sent it back, we'll see what happens !

I will not be fobbed off with crap engineering !

Comments ?
 Got our Disco... Love it.....  
Post #47970910th Jun 2009 10:05 pm
Jonny2tanx51

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Sunroof

Pilling in Welwyn Garden City replaced my sunroof rails yesterday under warranty (which runs out on Sunday). Cost Landrover a tad under £800, apparently. Service agents had no knowledge of it, went off to ask and came back with 'it's a known fault. When can you bring it in?'. Whistles like Roger Whittaker now so it will need to go back - again! At least they washed and vacuumed the car for me too to save me a job this weekend.

Post #49383710th Jul 2009 12:05 pm
primoreggazzo

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Re: Sunroof

Jonny2tanx51 wrote:
At least they washed and vacuumed the car for me too to save me a job this weekend.

thats one job they do do well

Post #49414811th Jul 2009 9:09 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wizz

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Checked mine the other day and sure enough mine are also cracked on 54 plate 05, no warranty so may have a go to see if LR will do a FOC job as this seems to be a very common problem, has anyone else had any luck with a 'out of warranty claim'. And does anyone know of any of these arms actually failing or what the result would be if they did
 2005 HSE TDV6 in Bonatti Grey  
Post #49742419th Jul 2009 5:27 pm
madeinengland

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Got mine at dealers at the moment with a jammed passenger seat mechanism, this should be covered under extended warranty if it's not snapped wires. HOWEVER on the way to Stratstones I had a 7-8 drips of water from the light moulding inbetween the sunroof and the windscreen, it was raining outside. Come to think of it i did have water run down the inside of the windscreen a couple of weeks ago. I mentioned this to the service counter and I was told that water ingress is not covered by the warranty ! I have left the roof tilted sometimes in the past but only in drizzle and for very brief periods. I'll be checking for cracks on the sunroof rails when I go back to collect the car and wont be tilting the roof if there is any sign of rain in the future but does anyone have any further advice ? where are the drain holes Confused
It's an 06 HSE.

Post #51173726th Aug 2009 10:33 am
davefox1460

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

I have an 05 Discovery 3 SE and had my sunroof replaced about 3 years ago under warranty when I found cracks. Have checked it again and would you believe I have found this one has cracks also. Am wondering if the old one was ever repleced ?????? Will be contacting dealer very soon. Twisted Evil

Post #52622128th Sep 2009 8:17 am
sowr

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

fito wrote:
After reading this articule, I've checked mines and they were also cracked, I took my LR3 2005 this week to the dealer Land Rover Pasadena and they not only replaced the cracked sunroof rails, but also replace the whole sunrooof motor and components, right on time since my 4 year warranty expires on May this year. By fact finding with the dealer advisor I'm the first person bringing this problem to their attention, good on you guys posting this isue, after warranty expires is probably quite expensive to replace the whole thing Thumbs Up

Took mine to LR Symes Pasadena day before yesterday and the "Service Advisor" called to say they won't replace it - not sure what to do now, vehicle is in warranty (37500 miles). Probably have to send a note to LR USA and cc LR Pasadena and the BAR (Bureau of Automotive Repair).

Fortunately I now have a service estimate with my mileage and a record of the request for correction.
 2006 LR3 SE-7 Zermatt Silver
Technology Package 

Post #5291093rd Oct 2009 5:28 pm
DesertRat

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Check your sunroofs

I noticed cracks on both sides of my 56 HSE sunroof when washing the car in August. Contacting my local Stealer in WGC and within a week the offending parts were replaced under warranty. Many thanks Thumbs Up go to Jim Warner (The Pilling Minion) for his prompt action.

Post #53257610th Oct 2009 8:38 pm
Bernie

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

davefox1460, Reading your message got me to check mine. I have a sept 05 HSE which had the mechanism changed under warranty about 3 years ago. Guess what! Same cracks again. I have made a point of not using the sunroof at all since the work as it took Ripon Landrover 5 attempts to stop a water leak caused by bad refitting. Can you let me know how you get on?
Regards
Bernie

Post #53336612th Oct 2009 1:57 pm
davefox1460

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Letter received from LR re sunroof, due to vehicle age an 05 reguistered 01/03 and only covered 26000 miles there is nothing they can do. Have now contacted Consumer Direct and hopefully will take the Dealer to task under the Sale of Goods Act, item not fit for purpose. Watch this space. Twisted Evil

Post #53671019th Oct 2009 11:43 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I thinnk there was a question of whether the cracks are in the bracket or just the coating?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #53698419th Oct 2009 8:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 8 of 10 <12345678910>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >