Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Chipped D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Keith Walshe

Coffeecup wrote:
The thing is, do companies like Turbochips actually do anything for the individual car, or is it a standard remap they apply to each and every vehicle they 'chip'.

If there is some individual tuning and adjustment made that takes account of the particular vehicle then that would be much more desirable. If its just a standard 'map' applied then its a lot of money for a non personal service.

I think I have said in a previous post here that the only chipping to have is one that is set on a rolling road then you get the best that your engine / injectors / turbo etc can do subject to a limit on exhaust gas temperatures being kept inside design limits.

That was the deciding factor for the Unichip I had on my Td5. The really interesting thing was a comparison of the "as found" torque speed curve, the "as fitted" that came preprogrammed in the chip set and the "as commissioned" on the rolling road - the "as fitted" fell roughly half way between factory and final curves.

Post #92952nd Aug 2005 5:22 am
BN

England 

Keith Walshe wrote:
Coffeecup wrote:
The thing is, do companies like Turbochips actually do anything for the individual car, or is it a standard remap they apply to each and every vehicle they 'chip'.

If there is some individual tuning and adjustment made that takes account of the particular vehicle then that would be much more desirable. If its just a standard 'map' applied then its a lot of money for a non personal service.

I think I have said in a previous post here that the only chipping to have is one that is set on a rolling road then you get the best that your engine / injectors / turbo etc can do subject to a limit on exhaust gas temperatures being kept inside design limits.

That was the deciding factor for the Unichip I had on my Td5. The really interesting thing was a comparison of the "as found" torque speed curve, the "as fitted" that came preprogrammed in the chip set and the "as commissioned" on the rolling road - the "as fitted" fell roughly half way between factory and final curves.

Keith, I am certainly not a computer whizz as the guys know and I am still thinking about chipping, but if a vehicle has been setup with chipping on a prototype it should be pretty accurate for others surely. Rolling roads were great for setting up mechanical items, carbs, cams etc, on individual vehicles but this is electronics.

I have been trying to get hold of a D3 to take off road, but when I thought there was a chance, the company did not come back to me, even though I called them back several times, so I suspect it may not work well off road, which is a big minus to me.

Post #93122nd Aug 2005 9:48 am
Pelyma

England 

I can't believe that companies won't let you try it off road, I notice Turbochips have used theirs offroad, but I would have thought a day such as you've organised would be an ideal sales pitch. Not only would those there be able to see it, but their reports of the car has to be a great sales ploy, better than a banner! I for one would be influenced by it.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #93182nd Aug 2005 10:22 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >