Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

ContiCrossContact AT 18" tyres available- has anyone tr
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
George II

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
ContiCrossContact AT 18" tyres available- has anyone tr

Hi, I have been searching around for replacement 18" tyres for a while & yesterday went into the only tyre dealer in the state who seems to have the General Grabber AT2 tyres, so I could have a look at them & he then pointed me at the "new" Continental ContiCrossContact AT tyres which he had in stock as just arrived. They are in the 255/60R18 size (same as original) & have a 112T rating. He said they were quieter than the grabbers & slightly cheaper. Are these tyres just new to Australia or are they new everywhere ? Has anyone got any feedback on them ? (I know they have been around in 16" size for a while) -basically like to know anything about continental wear rates & reliability .
Thanks. See what you all have to say.
 07 White TDV6 SE ,ARB bar & warn 9500 winch, Rhino aero racks, Thomas super pump compressor, duel batteries, Hella spotties, UHF. Mitchell Bros Tow Hitch, LED module (towing with LED taillights), General Grabber Tyres.  
Post #35865112th Oct 2008 12:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Neil Pettersen

Did you measure the tread depth on these makes ?
What are the prices ?
What do you have now and how many Km with thread left ?

Post #35866512th Oct 2008 5:52 am
George II

I didn't measure the tread depth , but they were certainly deeper than the Goodyears. Both the Grabbers & Conti's were similar depth.
Prices were $426 ea for continentals & $470 ea for grabbers . These are prices in WA (we obviously have higher freight component than the eastern states) . These were for stock on hand only as with the diving aussie dollar price rises were on the way.
I have the original Goodyears (which are not AT profile) , on at the moment (have done 30,000km ) and estimate I have another 2-3000km only before hitting the wear markers.
 07 White TDV6 SE ,ARB bar & warn 9500 winch, Rhino aero racks, Thomas super pump compressor, duel batteries, Hella spotties, UHF. Mitchell Bros Tow Hitch, LED module (towing with LED taillights), General Grabber Tyres.  
Post #35866812th Oct 2008 8:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Neil Pettersen

I think we will soon be facing $600 tyres ...... falling ore demand will nibble our dollar for many months

35p and 55c is coming again ...... it's the early 2000's again .... China responds to demand, not us ! Rolling Eyes

You may like to consider getting the conti AT pretty damn soon G Shocked

FYI ; Pirelli ATR 255 60 18 112 are 11mm tread and $385 at Bob Jane ( ex Sydney ) ..... these are my choice.

Post #35868712th Oct 2008 9:22 am
StornowaySA

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

G, bought the Grabbers from Barbagallo (Tony) and no problems at all with some serious off road stuff; also, car is still very quiet on the freeway. They didnt have the crossconti's when I bought mine so no idea if any better.
 MY2010 D4 HSE 3.0, e-diff, 19inch MTR's; LLAMS Height adjustor, LR f & r light guards, LR side steps, LR bright finish side door mouldings; LR/Mantec G4 front bash plate, LR G4 Winch kit, Warn 9500lb Winch; GOE compressor guard, Uniden UHF, LR bright finish roof rails, LR G4 driving light kit, LR G4 ladder, 4 x extra rear compartment 12V sockets, Traxide dual battery system and Optima Yellowtop battery, ORS drawer system / fridge slide, LED rear compartment lighting.  
Post #35871112th Oct 2008 11:33 am
Desert Traveller

255/55R19 MTRs are already over $650 per tyre in Brisbane. Shocked
 06 TDV6 SE with many LR and after-market extras. Used only on weekends and trips out west.
Audi TT Roadster (Daily and around town drive)
VW Eos TDI For Sale
Previously 01 TD5 and 94 TDI 

Post #35899613th Oct 2008 12:09 am
Neil Pettersen

Shocked Wouldn't want to replace a set of 19" Thud

Post #35900713th Oct 2008 1:28 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >