Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Customer Service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Ecosse

Customer Service

Having had numerous e-mails with LR CS - including some factually inaccurate statements (supposedly) from the Lead Engineer - regarding the issues of lack of gear display on 4x4, altimeter error, inaccurate fuel computer, timer malfunction on cabin pre-heater, front pdc not activating until you make a stop, lack of engine braking when cold, we have hit a point where no progress is being made & they have stopped making a pretext of dealing with it. I think those who are currently being "strung along" by LR CS with correspondence that is not bringing about solutions should be aware of this and look directly to their dealer as the party legally responsible to them.

Under is a copy of the latest e-mail & you will see that they feel they can arbitrarily determine that a feaure is "non-repairable" & "obsolete" just to suit their own situations:

"I have spoken to Technical again this morning and they have advised me that they have no additional information for you but wanted to reiterate the following items: Features such as the programmability of the fuel burning heater are not going to be resolved on this model year, in addition to the gear number on the infotainment screen. Although it may not function as other vehicles you have driven, the PDC is functioning as it should be.

I understand that this is not the response you envisaged but there really is nothing further we can do at head office. Ultimately, the features you perceive as being repairable are not. Technical will not authorise a visit to your vehicle from the Regional Manager unless your vehicle is currently exhibiting faults that should be repairable and the dealer admit they are unable to fix. At this stage, there are obviously still some issues that have yet to be resolved but having spoken to {garage name} again this morning, they are confident that these can be resolved.

As I have previously advised you, the other "non-repairable" issues are obsolete features and unfortunately will not be fixed. Technical will still be consulted on the other issues that have not been resolved yet on your vehicle."

If members have any thoughts on additional action regarding these & the few other issues affecting the cars please post, but the delaying tactics & clear lack of intention to resolve issues should be noted for anyone else who is politely trying to deal with LR CS. (I am of course assuming that the CS Rep I have been dealiing with is acting with the authority of the company Wink )

Post #105024th Feb 2005 12:43 pm
DiscoMad

Well the dealer should be the first port of call of course, but this response from LR is very disappointing.

A group of buyers both in the UK and in the US (judging from the other popular forum) with the same issues on their cars and some pretty worrying faults (and reasons for the faults)? not good.

Not all of the issues are serious (in my view, some are just annoying that they dont work), and you cant call something like a non adjustable headrest a fault, thats just a feature (unfortunatly) but many of the other things are not acceptable and this 'fob off' is just not good enough. How many awards have LR enjoyed for this vehicle ? and how many more buyers will they attract because of those awards ? What happens when they find out about things that go wrong or dont work as published ? hmmm.

I am sure the following might be of interest to you...I dont want to incite a revolt but if the individual cant get anywhere and it is difficult to build a mass representation, maybe a high profile nudge might just put LR back on the customer appreciation route !

Watchdog,
BBC Watchdog, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TS
0870 010 7070

David Johns Editor in Chief editor@autoexpress.co.uk

whatcaronline.eds@haynet.com

autocar@haynet.com
Autocar
60 Waldegrave Road
Teddington
Middlesex
TW11 8LG
United Kingdom

(the following is from the What Car web site)
Paul Thomas
Managing Director
Ford Motor Company Ltd
Eagle Way
Warley
Brentwood
Essex CM13 3BM[/url]

Post #105124th Feb 2005 1:24 pm
Ecosse

DiscoMad - thanks for the support & the suggestions. I am afraid the attitude of LR CS just beggars belief - bearing in mind that there are only (at most) a dozen issues they coudl have achieved a major PR coup by thanking each person as they identified the issue, offering them a LR accessories voucher & asking them to bear with them for x weeks etc as they worked to resolve it. But no, we get an attitude of delay & surprisingly misleading information, which if it wasn't for similar problems in the USA with LR3 would have me wondering if it was a Ford attitude towards non-US customers of its subsidiary companies Wink .
I agree with you in not inciting revolt Wink - hence I have repeatedly asked for someone senior to take on the issue & even meet with me - this has been refused (which in itself indicates to me that they know they are at fault).
However (without inciting revolt Wink ) if a substantial mumber of members of Disco3.co.uk targeted a limited number of critical issues and all wrote/faxed/e-mailed to each of the parties you listed this might well force LR to pay attention.

Can we perhaps have suggestions posted on this thread for:-

(a) the list of critical issues and
(b) contact details of other parties eg motoring magazines etc who may be able to assist.

Can I suggest that we restrict this to UK issues - no offence to non-UK contributers but this will avoid muddying the water with issues that do not apply here in the UK & also ensures that exclusive UK jurisdiction is emphasised for our complaints/claims.

Post #105224th Feb 2005 1:41 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

In the first instance, as I had previously posted, I would suggest a letter to:

Mr. J. Greenwell
Chief Executive Officer
Land Rover Ltd.
Banbury Road
GAYDON
CV35 0RR

It is certainly worth pointing out the inconsistency in terms of vehicle performance/features, and the clearly inaccurate information coming from LR itself. Given the "Car of the Year" status, and Ford's previous experience with the likes of Watchdog, it would also do no harm to tell Mr. Greenwell that, absent a fully satisfactory response, you will be making the matter known further afield.

Anyone who has got faults that LR are struggling to rectify, and who have had the vehicle probably no more than two months, and given the dealer at least three goes to sort, should take the matter up with the dealer and tell them that they have been supplied with a vehicle that is not fit for purpose.

Post #105324th Feb 2005 1:43 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >