Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

d2HSEtd5 vs. d3HSETDV6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
aud2hsetd

Australia 
d2HSEtd5 vs. d3HSETDV6

I am new here and I'm contemplating jumping to a D3 [as above] currently have a d2 as per description. [just over 12 mths old now]..but is the extra over cost really worth it to get into the d3..ie loss on d2 trade, more goodies in the d3, more power ?, etc..what are peoples thoughts, particularly those who may have made this move..

Sorry if a similar thread is here did search but didn't come up with much ..also where are people putting a DVD and screen in the d3, d2 roof screen excellent..but my daughter doubles as a circus contautionist to load a new dvd into the player under the rear of the drivers seat Shocked ...

Thanks
David Down Under

Post #3500629th Dec 2005 6:41 am
BN

England 

Hello David and welcome.

To be honest there is little comparison with the D2 and D3. The D3 is far superior in all ways.

The D3 is also far more complex in many ways and has had a few hiccups, but is getting better recently. To sum up, once you have driven a D3 all will be revealed.

Re DVD's there are a couple of guys who are brilliant re electronics and one woodman438 has placed detailed data on much of what you ask.

Try, buy and enjoy.

Post #3500929th Dec 2005 7:23 am
al cope

England 

I've just gone from a TD5 landmark to a Disco 3 TDV6 S, and apart from not having leather seats, I've got more than enough goodies in the 06 model S spec. I've added sat nav (a cracking 5" screen model which fits where te factory job goes), and a roof mounted DVD player (ebay £199), as like you, I had a roof mount DVD screen in my TD5, with the DVD player under the drivers seat. The unit I have now has the DVD player and screen (and TV) all in one unit. I've put it where the ultrasonic unit for the alarm is on the D3, so havnt put any additional holes/cuts in the headlining.

I'll try and post some pictures.

Alan
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #3501929th Dec 2005 11:17 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

We also traded up from a Td5 ES to a Disco 3 S. We thought the Td5 was a good car and it never let us down. But in all honesty once you have driven 20 miles in a TDv6, the Td5 will feel like an under powered tractor in comparison. We previously had a 200Tdi Discovery and moved up to a 300Tdi and then up to a Td5. Each move was a big step forward in refinement, but the move to the TDv6 is by far biggest step. Our TDv6 has been as good as gold Laughing
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #3503029th Dec 2005 2:54 pm
dilbert2k

United Kingdom 
D3TDV6HSE much better than a D2V8ES

I've traded a D2 V8 ES for a D3 TDV6HSE.

The D2 was a heap of junk.

The D3 is fantastic. 0-60 quicker, top speed higher (both according to the books Wink) and cheaper to insure ( Confused ), not to mention less of a gas guzzler.

D3 is much much more refined than D2.

One thing I have noticed though is that the D3 rolls more than the D2. And with less than 200 miles on the clock, this is not as a result of throwing it into corners!

d2k
 D1 Tdi200s done. D2 V8 ES done. D3 TDV6 HSE now Smile  
Post #3507729th Dec 2005 8:57 pm
THUB

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
D2 to D3 tdv6

I have to agree with all the comments re D3. Very Happy Very Happy Since 1992 I have had a 200Tdi, Smile a 300TDi Smile and a TD5 Smile Smile . Each one was streets better than the previous one I had very very few minor problems. They never stopped on the road. The D3 has the name Discovery and there the similarity ends apart from some family shape.

Post #3508429th Dec 2005 9:35 pm
bootneck

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
d2 to d3

umm lots of good things with the new disco,, but I some time wish for my old disco back, after handbrake faults, suspension faults, blown breathe tubes on the injection system, and the bits and bobs falling off I am begining to think that the all this advance stuff is to much for landrover.

I find myself looking at 110s and wishing for less gizmos and more drive time without waring lights.

at the moment driving with out a handbrake due to a fault.

bootneck

Post #3508729th Dec 2005 9:59 pm
aud2hsetd

Australia 
D2 vs. D3

Hey all thanks for the feedback ..keep it coming..a couple of points

Fuel economy..
my TD5 ..never used off road..[just over 24000kms now] but I enjoy the sure 'footedness' of the d2 in the wet [when it rains] ..but around town consistently she hits 23 mpg [imperial gallons] [Sport ??!! button on or off ], i reckon on l-o-n-g trip I'd get heaps more but our trips aren't long enough, ... I've seen 550kms to a half tank..but as i said we run out trip kms....I've noted that fuel efficiency has been a query against the D3, I see the general feedback on the manuals is good but i'd be considering a fully loaded HSE TDV6, so I am trying to compare apples with apples..

Performance ..the TD5 takes a leisurely Embarassed 17secs to get to 100kph whats the feedback on the HSETDV6..alternatively is it worth the wait till the proposed 3 litre diesel V6 comes ?? ...and/or how bad really is the 4.4 ltre V8 for fuel ..around town..our other 4wd is the X5 4.6is..driven intelligently can easily achieve 18mpg around town [otherwise 14.5mpg] and easily 23 - 25 mpg on a trip..with 'heaps' of poke !!

Regards david

Post #3515930th Dec 2005 2:17 am
aud2hsetd

Australia 
bump

looking for more feedback..particularly on new larger rumoured deisel engine..if it exists already in another vehicle...more thoughts
David

Post #363556th Jan 2006 12:13 pm
Pelyma

England 

I think that engine will be some time coming. The TDV8 for RR and possibly RRS will be more of a priority. The D3 is much quicker than D2 and far more refined. I get 28 - 30 mpg on average from my auto, although if I'm in a hareum scareum mood this will drop to about 24. I have no experience of the petrol engine so I can't comment, but I enjoy the torque of the diesel and it even sounds like a petrol.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #363636th Jan 2006 12:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >