DISCO4.COM > General

D3 Commercial
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
JMC

Scotland 
D3 Commercial

Hello to all Smile

Found this forum and thought I would join as I have just ordered a rather unusual vehicle....

I should be taking delivery of a TDV6 S Commercial (with leather!) in 3-4 weeks and have previously owned a number of discos. My first was a 200Tdi which was swiftly changed for a 300 TDi XS. Then I went 'posh' and got a 300TDi ES for the wife and a V5 ES for myself. Finally, due to my company's need for a commercial, I went back to a 300TDi van.

I was recently looking to change the company van for a TD5, but after a lot of searching, I found a couple of franchised UK dealers who are 'converting' the TDV6 into a commercial package due to the lack of current availability of the same from Solihull.

I wanted the 'toys and comfort' of the SE, but would have prefered the S with leather - as I have no desire for SatNav. Initially, I was told that leather was not an S option, however, this has apparently changed now.

So what have I let myself in for???

All I can say is that there is £5k of a difference in price between the S and SE. Adding the leather takes that difference down to £3.5k. So what else am I missing? Apparently the SE has 7 leather seats, whereas the S would have had 5 leather + 2 fabric. None of that matters when you have a bulkhead and a load area 8)

The best bit from a company perspective is the £5k of VAT which will be reclaimed and the 50% depreciation on a van in year 1.... Any accountants out there will know what I mean.

It's ordered, I've paid the deposit, and I've specified my requirements. The odd thing is that I have done it all from my office without ever meeting the dealer and I have never even driven a TDV6..... Exclamation

I'm sure it will be a joy compared to the 300 though.

Post #4437525th Feb 2006 8:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JMC

Scotland 
Typo

Just noticed I was thinking about TD5 and V8 at the same time. The only V5 I had was documentation..... Should have read V8 Embarassed

Post #4437625th Feb 2006 8:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I spoke to TH Whites in Swindon today regarding their commerical D3 converstions. They start at £24,500+VAT and are registered properly as commerical 2-seater, therefore you can claim the VAT back. This is for a cloth interior with air suspension.
However, the salesman said that LR are to bring out a proper commercial D3 again. It was due out this summer, but is expected to be delayed, possibly until next year.
Anyone know any different?
 Matt  
Post #4460927th Feb 2006 6:08 pm
JMC

Scotland 

Hi Matt

I had heard a number of different stories about the D3 Commercial ranging from Summer 06 to Spring 07. The long and short of it is that nobody knows for sure and therefre you can probably take this year out of the equation. However, after my initial post I now have some exciting news......

I have changed my mind on the manual 'S' with optional leather at 5pm today.

After deciding to part with £40k for a 'van', I am now getting an 06 MY D3 Auto SE c/w cooler cubby, roof rails & Bi Xenons!!! Unlike some of the horror stories about 6 months to wait for the spec required, I should be waiting about 10 days!!! The car is currently sitting in the dealers showroom and I have even got a couple of photos of it here on my PC. Still haven't driven a TDV6 (or met the dealer) but that's half the fun of it. They are certainly a lot more helpful on the phone than my local bunch and thats after buying a number of Discos locally in person.

By the way, I haven't gone to TH Whites. I am buying this from Lakeside in Cumbria. Must be one of the best dealers I have come across. Service costs are a hell of a lot less than down south - and you can organise a short break in the lakes with the savings there too Laughing

Post #4462427th Feb 2006 7:17 pm
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Do you mean LakeLAND, if so I reckon they are the best dealer in the U.K., my last 3 cars were all supplied by them and all bought over the phone. The 1st one was delivered so I never actually visited the dealership at all. They actually understand Land Rovers, they aren't part of a huge multi-franchise group, and everyone there is decent, polite and friendly.

I only wish that I could get my problems sorted out there but 4 hours drive for a service is a bit much!!!

For commercial conversions try Nene Overland.
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #4474728th Feb 2006 8:42 am
JMC

Scotland 

YES! I do mean Lakeland...... Embarassed

This is the problem of buying a car over the phone. I know the names of the people I'm dealing with, but I haven't got my head round the name of the dealership. Glad to hear someone else who thinks like I do in terms of the service thus far!!

As for the Nene Overland route - that's where I started my search for a commercial, but I'm afraid to say that their 'conversion' still has rear seats in it. I have spoken to the VAT office about this and they reckon that would have see us with a potential VAT liability.

Lakeland on the other hand are doing a commercial conversion which FULLY complies with the VAT office rules, and I have the letter from the VAT office in front of me which confirms this.

Post #4478028th Feb 2006 12:27 pm
Biggles

I have just swapped over to Lakeland for all my works on my sport and can not say how weel I have been treated even though I did not buy my car from there.
If only all landrover dealers treated customers the same way as lakeland do then the brand would be unstoppable.
My hat is of to lakeland and I will never ever tread foot in James Edwards at Brock in Lancashire again.
My only regret is I did not actually buy my sport from them.
 Just popped over from the dark side.

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/index.php 

Post #4478828th Feb 2006 12:43 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >