Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Photos, Videos & Media

D3Cam
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DiscoStu

England 
D3Cam

I've had a few pm's about my video setup for the car, so I've stuck a few pics here - http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=969

There's a description here - http://www.newmp3technology.com/proddetail...QgodrQ5_mg - not recommending them, it's just a site I found at random. The 12 hours recording time is from the battery. Obviously in the car you can have a charger plugged in. For Boughrood it ran from 5.20am until 11.25pm and used 14Gb of hard disk space (out of 100Gb).
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #12947412th Feb 2007 9:16 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

You and your helmet look very nice Stu Shocked

Post #12949612th Feb 2007 10:11 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Laughing It's the velcro strap, mate - it makes the helmet look bigger Razz Shocked
 Disco 5 HSE Lux

Post #12950012th Feb 2007 10:19 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

You have it too tight then Rolling Eyes

sorry... great device mate. And the vids are very cool Thumbs Up

Post #12950312th Feb 2007 10:23 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Very Happy Cheers!
 Disco 5 HSE Lux

Post #12950812th Feb 2007 10:32 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

DiscoStu wrote:
Laughing It's the velcro strap, mate - it makes the helmet look bigger Razz Shocked

Covers the circumcision scar nicely! Shocked
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #12955012th Feb 2007 11:34 pm
catweasel

Stu have you driven over corrugations and rough gavel type roads. just wondering how much the visor will vibrate.

Post #12967613th Feb 2007 2:30 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Nothing I've done so far has got the camera vibrating. Most of the off-road stuff has been at low speed, however. As long as the strap is pulled tight, the camera holds still. Maybe the fact that the visor is propped slightly open, and is held 'sprung-loaded' back helps. I must admit to being very surprised as to how well it has worked.
 Disco 5 HSE Lux

Post #12973013th Feb 2007 6:01 pm
SN

Whilst not subjecting my setup to anywhere near the stresses that Stu did with his, I found hanging my £20 USB camera off the sunvisor gave decent results, stability wise, too!
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #12975913th Feb 2007 7:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Heyloft

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

one question though can the ARCHOS recorder be set to automatically keep recording over itself.
 Wot's that in Old Money

Fuji White D4 HSE-LUX
rear entertainment
TV
TPMS
Park Heater
Centre Console cooler box 

Post #13135519th Feb 2007 6:31 pm
Beaker

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Very interesting, DiscoStu! I have an Archos 504 myself, with the helmet cam and I have been struggling to find a good way to mount the camera. Did you make that velcro strap yourself? The one that came with the helmetcam has the camera at a downward angle wrt the headstrap (as can be seen on the 'helmet photo'), which makes it less suited for mounting on the sunvisor.

How do you mount the Archos in the D3? I could not find any PDA/phone mount that can support the Archos, especially in 'landscape' orientation. Most of the time I am using it as a music player in the D3, and it would be nice to have it mounted in such a way that I can read the screen and have good access to the buttons.

And finally, what software do you use to process/edit the movies? Adobe Premiere?
 Zermatt Silver 2006 Zermatt Silver TDV6 'SE' Auto, Mantec sump guard, Frontrunner roofrack, Lightforce 140s, split charge system and... a Jetboil.