Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

D4 12my infotainment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Phillw

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

I found the amplifier on eBay. It is the first time that I have seen a D4 2012 premium Amplifier for sale on eBay with the correct model number. It was being described as new. The amplifier is exactly the same as Buellbeast picture. I do not think that the amplifier had been on eBay for more than 12 hours. I was just lucky to find it. As the amplifier does not have any Logic7 logos on it I am not sure if it supports Logic7. I think there maybe two types of premium amplifiers, one with logic7 and one without. Anybody know the answer to that one?

Having looked at the picture that carverD3 has put on to the forum, the one that shows the wiring at the bottom of the amp I believe that there will only be three additional speakers / sets of wires that I will need to retrofit. This would be one speaker in each of the D pillars and one for the front dash centre speaker. I have also now looked at the wiring and believe that these are the connections I need to make.

C0492S-7 G = CENTER + ------------------------ Centre Speaker C0369-2 +VE
C0492S-15 SP = CENTER - ------------------------ Centre Speaker C0369-1 –VE
C0492S- 5 WG = L_RS+ ------------------------ LH rear surround sound speaker (F198)
C0492S- 13 NY = L_RS- ------------------------ LH rear surround sound speaker (F198)
C0492S-6 NW = R_RS+ ------------------------ RH rear surround sound speaker (F199)
C0492S-14 NU = R_RS- ----------------------- RH rear surround sound speaker (F199)

C0492S I believe is the blue coloured connector on the amplifier as can be seen in CarverD3 picture. The wiring to all the other speakers are in part from C0492S and C0491S. In CarverD3 picture of the connectors C0491S is the grey 16 pin connector to the right of the blue connector. All 16 pins are being used with other speakers in the car. That does not necessarily mean that there are speakers at the end of the wires, it just means that the wires are in place. I suspect that I may need to add speakers to the doors.

If it is simply a matter of replacing the amplifier, adding the three speakers and then changing the CCF file this should be a worthwhile and a easy upgrade. However from my experience from when I upgrade my 2010 D4 GS infotainment system I know there will be something I have missed. I hope the MSV2 system is up to speed with changing the CCF to accommodate the premium amplifier. Perhaps Colin can comment on that one. Any comments from other members that confirm or inform me as to where I might be going wrong here would be appreciated. D pillar speakers are about £45.00 each. I do have a nice cold garage but my Motorcycle and other bits have priority there. To be honest if I did manage to get the D4 into the garage which I doubt, I would have to exit the car via the boot because I would not be able to get the doors open. Smile

Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS
Discovery 3 TDV6 S
Discovery 2 TD5
2009 Swift Conqueror
MSV-2 Extreme 

Post #99679731st Oct 2012 10:07 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Don't want to put a dampner on your efforts ... But as I'm lead to believe there is no support for the 2012 infotainment CCF changes yet .
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #99681031st Oct 2012 10:25 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

wiggs wrote:
Don't want to put a dampner on your efforts ... But as I'm lead to believe there is no support for the 2012 infotainment CCF changes yet .

That is what I thought the situation was. But I am sure he is working on it.

To put a furthe dampener on it; you may ahve the wrong amp.

The Logic seven one as well as the stickers has a red tab saying PREM 16

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

If it has a blue sticker saying HIGH then it is the standard Hi Ice the same as you have already.

Click image to enlarge

It would be interesting to know if there is a a signal from the other speaker outlets though.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #9968501st Nov 2012 2:32 am
buellbeast

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

You've forgotten about the Front door speakers you need to change these as they are dual driven with the premium sound
 Club Forum Criminal !!!  
Post #9968781st Nov 2012 8:40 am
Phillw

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

I hope Colin adds the 2012 Meriddian infotainment section to the MSV2 soon otherwise I will have to put this on hold. I don’t suppose Colin has the hardware for the 2012 car. I have been looking for a premium amp for at least six months and this is the first one that I have seen on ebay. Plenty of 2010 logic 7 amps. Wiggs do you think the Autologic system will be able to change the CCF to accommodate the new amp? I don’t suppose the dealer would be able to change the ccf either.
Pictures of the amplifier I have purchased are below. Note no logic7 stickers. Does this mean there are two premium amps. One with logic7 stickers on and one without logic7 stickers?

Is it just the front speakers that are dual driven? Anyone put any pictures in their gallery showing the dual driven speakers?
Looks like I might have to put this on hold until Colin puts the option into Vehicle Explorer. Big Cry
Thanks for the advice guys.

Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS
Discovery 3 TDV6 S
Discovery 2 TD5
2009 Swift Conqueror
MSV-2 Extreme 

Post #9970751st Nov 2012 7:36 pm
caverD3

Looks like it is the right amp. Infact the pic is the same one as I found on fleabay.

Hope Colin manages to break into all the functions for the Meridian. I think all the decoding is done in the amp the most tells the amp what to do.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #9976453rd Nov 2012 2:05 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Quote:
I don’t suppose Colin has the hardware for the 2012 car.

Actually, at no small cost, earlier this year, i purchased all the 2012 infotainment ECU's including a dual view screen unit and wiring looms we would need to develop this.

However, due to a recent and significant slump in sales of the MSV-2, possibly due to other equipment now being available for a bit less that the MSV-2 costs, i no longer have the income and desire required to develop coverage for the MSV-2 for the later 2012 on LR vehicle systems. While it is easy and cheap to copy others work, development costs considerably more. It took years for us to totally figure out even the D3 CCF, while almost no one here had even heard of a CCF.

We are shortly due to release an upgrade for the MSV-2 that adds all the still missing diagnostic capability for the Disco 3 to it and will then add the same for the pre 2012 Disco 4 / RRS & FFRR and therefore meet all promised obligations.

In the current market climate, we cannot promise developing anything further for the MSV-2.

ATB

Colin

Last edited by BBS SPY on 5th Nov 2012 8:08 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #9982274th Nov 2012 7:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

BBS SPY wrote:

In the current market climate, we cannot promise developing anything further for the MSV-2.

ATB

Colin

That is a real shame. The MSV-2 is still the top of the tree and it would be sad to see it unsupported in the future, but I do understand that you are not a charity and that it has to pay its way.
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #9982464th Nov 2012 7:38 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

I have a huge amount of folks i have met on this board who have always stood by us and been staunch supporters of our MSV-2 equipment, but even these are now starting to appreciate that with the introduction of other equipment that may well be a bit cheaper, ultimately this is affecting BBS in respect of all future developments.

While i have many friends on this board, that like and benefit from owning our products, especially the MSV-2 I also have a dozen or so employees who depend upon me providing them with the income they need to pay their rent.

If i can no longer do this by providing the MSV-2 for LR, i must naturally look beyond.

As i have stated, this is not by my own choice. I along with others was quite happy with the way things were, but i guess things change.

ATB

Colin

Last edited by BBS SPY on 5th Nov 2012 8:15 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #9982744th Nov 2012 8:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Very disapointed Colin.
Was seriously looking at getting multi licence once MY12 infotainment was supported.
MSV2 maybe pricy but it was the best others do not do as much.
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #9984275th Nov 2012 2:02 am
Ecosse

BBS SPY wrote:

If i can no longer do this by providing the MSV-2 for LR, i must naturally look beyond.

Colin

Colin - has development on the FCR also ceased? Although it's obviously not as capable as the MSV-2, it provides a useful comfort factor for owners to have a small gadget in the locker capable of rebooting/clearing all the systems. I have one for a previous car but have not upgraded its licence to the 2012MY as previous postings appeared to indicate that it did not cover the new infotainment system (and with the Disco the various systems interlink necessitating an all or nothing approach), but is it now fully up to date?

Post #9985835th Nov 2012 1:36 pm
Morgis

Norway 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

The D4 infoscreen is plug&play into D3 ?
Really like that firmware layout..
  - My 2006 D3 HSE PP

Post #9985855th Nov 2012 1:57 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

In reponse to so many comments on this thread asking and querying about our developments on 2012 MY, i am simply stating that in the currently changing market situation, i am unwilling make any promises in respect of fully supporting all things for 2012 MY stuff on the MSV-2.

That i am unwilling or unable to make any promises, does not mean it will still not happen on the MSV-2.

Ecosse, an MSV-2 and FCR are different and this statement does not relate to FCR development in any way.

I also specifically stated that i would be updating the 2010 stuff as planned and promised to the same spec as the pre 2010 stuff as soon as this has been fully completed, which as i also stated is going to be quite soon.

As many will know, in our last update we fixed a secondary boot loader bug which affected CCF editing abilities on 2012MY vehicles with the MSV-2, however some of my guys have since been giving the entire CCF edit a complete overhaul and review and adding new MY related parameters to it as well as "As built percentage usage analysis", which is currently only present in Genesis, but will almost certainly be added to the MSV-2.

There is still an amplifier type parameter, second down in this picture

Click image to enlarge

But strangely the options usage analysis shows that the AUD3 is actually not valid / used

Click image to enlarge

There is another infotainment parameter for Low / Mid / Highline, but the stats for this have yet to be uploaded on the Genesis web site as it is still being polished up. I will have this dome tomorrow and post up my findings about this.

Quote:
I don’t suppose the dealer would be able to change the ccf either.

Actually, although not currently generally provided, Genesis could and in some small test cases, does now provide a "dealer" with CCF edit capability.

With the requisite log in details and permissions to Genesis you need only visit the site and log in, then enter the Vin of any LR vehicle, including the 2013 FFRR, you can also either upload an existing "As built" CCF.VBF file for edit or even an SDD session file. Then edit it and re save it as a file that can be written back to the vehicle with an SDD sytem, thus making the desired changes to the vehicle.

Post #9987875th Nov 2012 7:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >