Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

Re engine noise, breaking through on VHf FM
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Arctobear

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4
Re engine noise, breaking through on VHf FM

Hi guys, now have an intermittent fault where by noise from car bus or whine is breaking through and competing with Fm stations, it started recently, it sounds like a connector or the screen side of the aerial connector or to or from the AE amp is loose, as stations are clear then intermittently the noise breaks through and override the signals. Already been to Landrover they said that everything is ok,. My car us still under warrantly so i cant look at myself. The fm aerial is on one of the rear windows does anybody knows what window it is , ie from the rear tailgate is it the lhs, or the rhs rear windows please. Thanks Mark

Post #212390026th Feb 2020 4:23 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dewillia

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Has you say its under warranty so why care where it is, just take it back to the dealer

Post #212394826th Feb 2020 11:39 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

I had this many years ago ... not on a disco ... and it was a suppressor in the alternator on it's way out.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #212395926th Feb 2020 12:40 pm
Arctobear

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Hi , dealer can't find anything wrong, so now what's happening at the moment nothing can be done, I wonder if landrover will extend my warranty, need to find out , only few months left . Thanks mark

Post #213257429th Mar 2020 7:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
M3bobby

United Kingdom 

Once you’ve reported the fault within you’re warranty period, it should be honoured even if that period then ends without a satisfactory outcome.
 012MY RRS 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography (Current)
Mods:
TPMS (Complete but got an issue)
Genuine LR DRLs (Complete)
Remote Boot close from key fob (Complete)
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2 (Complete)
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (Now 2016 L319)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE (Complete)
2014 LR4 Homelink (Complete)
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass (Complete) 

Post #213277929th Mar 2020 5:33 pm
Arctobear

Re fm. Issues

Hardware wrote:
I had this many years ago ... not on a disco ... and it was a suppressor in the alternator on it's way out.

Hi Dean, it's not that as it would intere with mw and lw much worse as that is amplitude modulation (am) which will deffo pick up alternator whine . Only happens on vhf fm on certain signal level. Thanks

Post #213286129th Mar 2020 9:24 pm
Arctobear

Re inter fence on vhf fm

Hi Bob, thanks for your reply and your help, would you know where the vhf fm aerial amp is located, the problem I have as previous described , but I wonder if I have intermittent fault in the amp itself, I did ask the dealer to check all the connectors from the aerial input( am sure the Ae is on back rear window) to the amp then to the radio itself, but they said done diagnostics and reset and said no fault found. Thanks mark

Post #213286829th Mar 2020 9:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >