DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

D4 BT Software update since ~2011?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
albal

United Kingdom 
D4 BT Software update since ~2011?

Hi,

Is there a recent upgrade (past 2 years) for the BT S/W module?

I have D3 but with the D4 bluetooth module. Fitted around 2.5 years ago - can go and check the date. With the 4 or so phones I've used it with (all phone) quite often when the other caller hangs up or I do, the IHD still thinks it is connect to a call (maybe the on hook icon is shown). In the past a call/end call cycle will clear it.

However, yesterday I left that car when I parked at home and continued into the house. The call ended. IHD must have thought the call was in progress because when I went to start the car this morning the battery dropped down to 6.0v and a whole mish mash or errors. Off load voltage was around 10.5:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lead-acid_voltage_vs_SOC.PNG

Very flat.

Anyway, is there a fix for the software in the BT module or IHD that successfully lets the car sleep if a call actually is not in progress?

Thanks,
Al

p.s. guess I could PM Wiggs but then who else would know?

Post #122400125th Jan 2014 8:58 pm
geoff.

England 

no upgrade that i know of Thumbs Up

Post #122400225th Jan 2014 9:01 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

What functionality do you have with the 2011 e.g phonebook with address book and contact control, audio streaming of music ?
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #122401825th Jan 2014 9:35 pm
albal

United Kingdom 

What is phonebook with addressbook excatly?
I just a get a list of contacts, I'd call it either phone book or address book but I don't have 2 different things - it is only visible on the IHD green dot matrix alphanumeric display.
Don't have stream of music, that is why I have a BT module.
Current phone is iPhone 5.

Quite possible the unit I have was on the shelf a while.

When I get power back in the car will see what else is in the menu if that gives any clues.

Post #122408125th Jan 2014 11:39 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Sorry what I mean is does your screen display the last called numbers and does it load up your contacts ? I can play music from the phone via bluetooth also ...if yours can;t do this then there may be a more recent BT module Confused
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #122408425th Jan 2014 11:44 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

The d4 module 59 - 2012 dosent stream music as there is no software in the car to do this ( especially the d3 !!)

There is no Bluetooth module 2012 onwards .. It's built into the IHU .

So any faulty bluetooths and they have to change head unit
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #122410926th Jan 2014 12:17 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Just found what you mean about 12MY onwards Thumbs Up

Quote:
The Bluetooth® telephone system uses the customers own Bluetooth® capable telephone handset in conjunction with the vehicle information and entertainment system. The system is controlled by the audio head unit on Lo-Line audio systems or the Integrated Audio Module (IAM) on Hi-Line and Premium audio systems. Both the audio head unit and the IAM have a Bluetooth® antenna incorporated into the unit.

Telephone handsets must be paired with the audio head unit or the IAM, requiring the input of a PIN (personal identification number) before they can be used with the vehicle system.

Once paired, any telephone handset can be 'connected' to the vehicle without re-entering the PIN. In addition, previous connected devices will be connected automatically the next time they are present in the vehicle and the ignition is in power mode 6 (ignition on) or power mode 7 (engine running).

Bluetooth® wireless technology allows electronic devices to communicate wirelessly through a short-range RF network. Bluetooth® wireless technology can simultaneously handle data and voice transmissions which allows the vehicle's Bluetooth® telephone system to provide hands free operation of the users Bluetooth® telephone.

The Land Rover Bluetooth® system supports Bluetooth® Hands-Free Profile (HFP), Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) and Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP).

Last edited by DG on 26th Jan 2014 10:30 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #122411526th Jan 2014 12:29 am
albal

United Kingdom 

In that case i think something might be up with my IHU as when I hit call pickup for the first time after hard reset there are funny characters (well symbols, not smileys) on the screen. Also after a few discs it refuses to play MP3's. Also battery may be an issue, as when I left the car last time with the handsfree in call I got the low power warning as soon as I turned off the ignition. Thought it shouldn't come up so soon.

Post #122413526th Jan 2014 5:30 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

You say that you have a D4 BT module ...the above info for the IHU is D4 12MY onwards ...it can't be your IHU therefore it must be the BT module that is the problem Smile
Post #122417026th Jan 2014 10:11 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Looking at the issues, I would say start with the battery charged up fully, but if your getting the low battery warning as soon as you switch off the engine, this may also be the alternator not charging the battery enough and on its way out. Do you do lots of short journeys?

The d4 BT module in a d3 is a very common upgrade. I've not heard of anyone having the issue of it thinking it's still hooked up to the caller.
Could be a quirk of the low power or something completely different. TBH these BT modules rarely fail. (I've personally never heard of one failing unless water ingress is introduced into the equation!)
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #122417926th Jan 2014 10:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
albal

United Kingdom 

Aye understand about the newer IHU. Possibly my fault posting in the D4 section.....

My thoughts were if the CD player refuses to play MP3 after a few goes after a hard rest. That it doesn't drop calls properly and when it comes back after a hard reset there are non-alphanumeric characters on the screen, that it could be this.

I do a lot of short journeys. My commute to work is 3 miles - my average speed on a tank can be as low as 17mph. These days it's early morning with all lights, heated seat and screen.

My alternator seems to be putting out 14.1-14.2 volts no matter RPM though, this is being measured at the cigar socket. I've checked it against a DVM and I have already adjusted the ready for the constant 0.1v error it has.

Did have some recent water issues but all this problems have been apparent since summer.

Anyway battery has been on Ctek Saturday and all night and we are due out today so I will make some reading without any accessories on.

Cheers,
Al

Post #122430926th Jan 2014 3:06 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >