Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

D4 Compressor + code C1A20
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Nobbygezza

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4
D4 Compressor + code C1A20

Help please, I've searched the forum over and over and although there is similar faults nun seem the same as mine so help please.
After start up light bongs up saying only normal ride height available, ok after a couple of days of wife driving around I get around to reading fault codes C1A20 followed by C1131 clear codes C1A20 only present, on making a visual inspection all 4x air bags are deflated, there is no noise of escaping air and have removed air tank and inspected, all ok.
I have tried filling system with air, tank holds no problem, but cannot get air to flow to front or rear airbags I cant believe that governor valves/blocks have both packed up at once, and if I power the pump from a 12 volt supply will run forever and in my eyes is quiet and supplying air, so next question is should I be able to hold my finger over pump outlet and hold back air pressure, should I be able to fill both front and back air bags independently and see vehicle raise or is there another sensor in the system stopping this from happening, my pump is dated 2013 AMC help please as local independent says all they do is fit new pumps and that cures them, they seem good on old defenders but don't seem up to it on later vehicles so your help would be good before I shell out for a new pump.

Thanks Nobby

Post #193864621st Apr 2018 1:49 pm
Nobbygezza

Ok so here’s a update, I bit the bullet and purchased a new pump reluctantly thinking I’m wasting my money, but had to start somewhere. I would have liked to put a air pressure gauge on both pumps but did not have one or the time and was against the clock to get the car back on the road, the long and short of it is the new pump works fine and the car is back up and running, I wish I could have got a better understanding of the system I could not manually fill the air bag system with air and only works when the pump is connected, so maybe I tried filling to fast or slow who knows, can only assume sensors in the system won’t allow this unles all parameters are correct, hope this helps you making a decision on purchasing a new pump or not.

Post #194034928th Apr 2018 9:01 am
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

If you can hold pressure back with your thumb the compressor has defo shot it, I could take my old compressor up to 125psi (max my gauge would safely go to) and I still got faults.
Did you fit a new relay? - should be supplied with a new compressor and most important.
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #194036728th Apr 2018 10:21 am
Nobbygezza

Hi M3DPO, thanks for replying, yes I did fit new relay with pump and as I say all is working fine now I fitted a Arnott pump which replaced the AMK Landrover pump, the only thing I found was the covers can no longer be fitted to the pump meaning it is open to the elements.

Post #19425305th May 2018 12:06 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >