Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

D4 coolant leak
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ballast

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
D4 coolant leak

Hi all

I finally tracked down the coolant leak on my 2010 D4, with coolant appearing in the V between the two inlet manifolds. I've done various searches, but haven't conclusively determined which bit is likely to be leaking. I was surprised I couldn't find more info/vids on the topic.

Could anyone point me in the direction of which bit I'm likely to need to replace (and any other info for access, etc. if possible please). If I can get the leaking bit before I take it all to bits, I can hopefully do it all in one hit.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

Post #22494002nd Sep 2021 9:37 am
RRBlue

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I have the same and have replaced the coolant connector housing that sits on top of the engine oil cooler in the V.

I read this link first which was helpful.

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showt...eplacement

All straight forward except:

1. The torx bolts that hold the exhaust gas recirculation pipes to the EGR housing are hard to get to. The lower ones on each flange are not accessible with a socket so I got away with a short handle allen key that cam with some flat pack furniture. I would arm yourself with a set of torx keys (the 90 degree ones).
2. Prepare to clean a serious amount of carboniferous crap from inside the EGR housing and pipes. Really is a horrible prospect that all this goes into the engine for no good reason at all.
3. Be careful with all the black small bore tubes that cross cross the engine. Some are quite brittle.
4. I replaced the o-ring on the oil cooler connection with a 19mmx4mm viton o-ring that I bought off the internet.

Post #228026122nd Feb 2022 4:47 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >