Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D4)

D4 EAS useless if ya use it
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ozd4

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
D4 EAS useless if ya use it

Hi have a D4 noticed if you raise car from access to offroad, then lower and try to raise again it took up to 2mins for front to reach height again or more if compressor overheated.
Dealer tried recalibration, no good ,tried new compressor ,no good Big Cry
Tried 3 other cars in showroom all the same, they contacted LRA, they said if 3 do it that is what they do now.
Was wondering if others have noticed if this is how it is, because it makes the car useless in offroad especially in the sand with the 40k\h speed height limit as if it goes down you're bogged before it will come back up.
Had a D3 before you could up & down a few times before it slowed (comp o\heat), so whats different ?
It really makes the car unfit for advertised use offroad and not at all a good improvement.
Cheers Ken

Post #60483417th Feb 2010 8:58 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
GraemeS

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

I just went from normal to off-road 3 times over a period of about 3 minutes a cycle, taking measurements and sensor voltage readings and moving the vehicle forwards and backwards a little during height changes. All was well, that is, until I lowered to access mode then tried to go back to off-road. I couldn't hear the compressor running so I suppose it was not, althought I haven't heard it before anyway. The compressor cover was quite cool with no external evidence of any heat being generated inside.
I suspect there's a problem.

Post #60489217th Feb 2010 11:24 am
ozd4

No problem according to LRA ,thats what they do if thats what they did.
Little wonder Overlander rated them 3rd out of 3 (that would be last) for 4x4 award. Big Cry Big Cry

Post #60497517th Feb 2010 2:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ozd4

Hi was wondering if any of you D4 guy have tried putting suspension up and down a couple of times yet.
Would really like to know if all the same or just some (ie mine Big Cry Big Cry )
Thanks Ken

Post #60680320th Feb 2010 12:16 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Doesn't behave that differently from the D3 as far as I can tell. Up and down a couple of times, and then it slows down. I would regard it as operating as I would expect. I often leave the car in access height when parked, and it always goes straight up to normal height; the first D3 I had would give the "raising slowly" message frequently in the early days before the compressor fix.

Post #60700720th Feb 2010 8:13 pm
ozd4

Thanks Winger, I cannot see how LRAust, don't think its fault, they recalibrated and changed compressor, with no luck then found some others the same and decided thats how it must be. seems wrong answer.
Thanks again Ken

Post #60715620th Feb 2010 11:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >