DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

D4 HSE 3l Front left brake wear sensor cable part
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
bmbmdmb

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
D4 HSE 3l Front left brake wear sensor cable part

Hello all

I've been busy stripping front brakes and cleaning up the pads and checking slide pin bolts, relubing and repainting (spray) carriers and caliper. Painting chassis etc

Unfortunately, the front brake wear cable plastic broke on removal. There is one per axle. Looks like an MOT fail from 2019 is 'incorrectly mounted' . There are two wires and if continuity is broken the dash light will illuminate. A horse shoe metal shape clip fell out, looks like sensor fits to inner pad.

I have emailed dealer for price and the Flexi hoses also as they are aging.

ECP/ CP4L sell Pagid and Bosch for £9 and £14 respectively. They state for coil suspension. The HSE has air suspension. The photo looks right and length is correct but I have contacted them. In meantime is the cable a dealer only part for air suspension fitted models? I had problems with pagid Flexi hose not matching photo (no rubber heat shield sheath supplied on another car make).

On another post I read the connector is at top of wheel arch above the plastic. Can anyone confirm if it is accessible if wheel arch is removed? It is under fusebox otherwise....

I torqued up caliper hex bolts to 35nm and carrier 21mm bihex bolts to 115nm, latter were a pig to remove (needed 60cm long 1/2" breaker bar and lots of WD-40). These sound correct? A. discussion elsewhere indicated 175mm (bolt broke for that person)

Thanks

Post #228740310th Apr 2022 9:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >