Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

D4 HSE Lux
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
LRkarlak

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Mariana BlackDiscovery 4
D4 HSE Lux

Have put a deposit down on a 64 plate HSE Lux, to be picked up early Feb. Thought best to start this thread to ask a few Q's as they come up.

Car has cover 86K miles and has had the "belt" done, so that is good. Full service history and a very good MOT history, so looks like a well looked after car, although does have some bodywork scratches. Very clean inside. It is the Mariana Black, which looks like it will be very nice once I have attacked it with the DA polisher, with the Blue coming through in the sunshine.

When looking around the car, checked the Spare was there, which it was, also had a large black disk which I assume is the anti-theft device. I did notice though that the Wheel was a 19inch Spare, but forgot to check the profile. Car has the 20inch Lux wheels fitted. Am hoping this will be a full size - were they supplied as 19 inch with a 55 profile I presume.

If not, could I get a second hand 20inch wheel which would fit the spare wheel area ?

Post #227288415th Jan 2022 9:24 am
Oswiperus
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

The standard tyre size for 20's is 255/50/20 and the 19's should be 255/55/19, the two sizes have the same rolling radius so spare will be ok in an emergency but ideally have a matching one.
 Stu

2016 D4 Landmark current
2022 Defender D300 SE Gone Sad
D4 2014 XS Commercial - Gone Sad
D4 2016 hse lux montalcino red - Gone
D3 2005 se java black - current
D3 2005 base manual - gone Sad
D2 1999 TD5 E white - current 

Post #227291315th Jan 2022 12:05 pm
LRkarlak

Thankyou. Kicking myself I didn't crawl under a bit further to see the full profile of the tyre. Hopefully it is a full size and not a narrower spacesaver.

Post #227294115th Jan 2022 2:07 pm
Famousfive

Ukraine 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

If it has an anti theft device then I’d assume 1. it has a full size spare and 2. It’ll be a match for the 4 on the motor.

Love that colour - let’s see some pics Very Happy Very Happy
 Stolen - D4 Loire Blue
D4 Bali Blue 

Post #227295615th Jan 2022 3:09 pm
Oxford-boy

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Sounds like a great buy.... loads of advice on here so enjoy the ride.

Two things from your post.. as important as the security disk is to protect the spare wheel underneath as important if not more so is to check that even with that disk on you cannot turn the spare wheel as it 'hangs there. If you can then it needs tightening as otherwise the scumbags just twist away until the cable fray snaps.

I'd read up on the spare wheel winch on here too, it is easy to jam in a Censored muddle if you try and raise it without weight attached.

Also, read up on locking wheel nuts here. Your 64 will have corroding locking wheel nuts if they are OEM. Most people bin them and do without as wheels on the car (as opposed to the spare) are tough to remove given the cars weight.

Few have wheels stolen off the axle (or few who say so on here..).

Thumbs Up
 Jim

2014 Discovery 4 XXV SDV6 Causeway Grey
2016 Discovery 4 HSE Lux SDV6 Loire Blue - now gone 

Post #227296415th Jan 2022 3:37 pm
LRkarlak

Another quick question.

With the reverse camera. When in reverse, do you get a button to press so that you can have the line that would be where the towball is ? Dont recall seeing this when we test drove the car.

I do recall there may have been a option have a wider angle.

Car has got the 13pin electrics, but will need to check that the car has been coded for towing. (if required)

Post #227371019th Jan 2022 5:10 pm
Famousfive

Ukraine 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

HSE Lux has tow electrics plumbed in and working - you should also have a tow bar and holder in the nearside rear quarter panel Thumbs Up
 Stolen - D4 Loire Blue
D4 Bali Blue 

Post #227371419th Jan 2022 5:34 pm
Oxford-boy

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

LRkarlak wrote:
Another quick question.

With the reverse camera. When in reverse, do you get a button to press so that you can have the line that would be where the towball is ? Dont recall seeing this when we test drove the car.

Car has got the 13pin electrics, but will need to check that the car has been coded for towing. (if required)

ISTR that only happens when you have connected up the rear towing electrics to something you are towing? I.E. when the vehicle knows that it needs to show you rear towing assist it does indeed do so.

Anyone else?
 Jim

2014 Discovery 4 XXV SDV6 Causeway Grey
2016 Discovery 4 HSE Lux SDV6 Loire Blue - now gone 

Post #227372119th Jan 2022 6:07 pm
LRkarlak

Famousfive wrote:
HSE Lux has tow electrics plumbed in and working - you should also have a tow bar and holder in the nearside rear quarter panel Thumbs Up

I was hoping it would be there as well, but it is missing. Assume the previous owner removed the towball, before they sold it on.

Currently on the lookout for a towball and holder.

Post #227372219th Jan 2022 6:13 pm
popsdosh

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Oxford-boy wrote:
LRkarlak wrote:
Another quick question.

ISTR that only happens when you have connected up the rear towing electrics to something you are towing? I.E. when the vehicle knows that it needs to show you rear towing assist it does indeed do so.

Anyone else?

No it doesnt ! its there when you reverse up to the trailer . It is easily set . With the reverse camera on the screen press the screen and you will see the option to have the guide line to the hitch. Its very useful and even gives you a better image when nearly there. once you select that option it will stay on that option until you change it again.

Post #227373719th Jan 2022 6:45 pm
popsdosh

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

brain malfunction double post

Post #227374019th Jan 2022 6:52 pm
LRkarlak

popsdosh wrote:
Oxford-boy wrote:
LRkarlak wrote:
Another quick question.

Anyone else?

No it doesnt ! its there when you reverse up to the trailer . It is easily set . With the reverse camera on the screen press the screen and you will see the option to have the guide line to the hitch. Its very useful and even gives you a better image when nearly there. once you select that option it will stay on that option until you change it again.

So, if on the reverse screen the "Hitch line" option is not available.. Could that be that the towing option is coded and needs adding ?

Post #227374319th Jan 2022 6:56 pm
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

You have a choice which you want at any time, twin line, single line, both with or without audible sensor, when about 1 metre from the tow bar you get a very good close up inch perfect view of the tow bar, the line is the bendy type that you line up with the trailer toe hitch from any reversible angle, you don’t have to be perfectly inline. I give it 10/10 Thumbs Up
It is selected and set from the satnav screen under extras. You can also have the Rev camera on at all times if you wish, it gives a very wide view of the trailer and sides, very useful if towing horse boxes or small camping trailers or can’t see through the rear window.
If you have genuine electrics installed it’s highly likely you’ll have hitch assist, that’s what it’s called.
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #227375619th Jan 2022 7:42 pm
LRkarlak

Thanks all. Great info Thumbs Up

Post #227376819th Jan 2022 8:16 pm
popsdosh

LRkarlak wrote:
Famousfive wrote:

I was hoping it would be there as well, but it is missing. Assume the previous owner removed the towball, before they sold it on.

Currently on the lookout for a towball and holder.

It is very possible that the previous owner may have had a multi height tow hitch fitted rather than the plug in ball . It is also quite common practice for dealers to remove them as they can detract from the vehicles resale value for several reasons. Where have you looked for the towball so far as there are places other than normal where it may be.

Post #227381920th Jan 2022 7:32 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >