Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

If it were my money, I'd be going for the RRS Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #185060324th Aug 2017 8:02 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Russell wrote:

Handling, the D5 is no slouch around the corners and handles far far better than even the latest D4's, having driven a RRS and a D5 both very recently I would say that there is not a lot in the handling and in fact having had a little bit of a spar with a RRS recently he could not get away from me and in fact around the bends got in my way, that may well b down to the driver

Was it the RRS or the RRS Dynamic? The Dynamic has a different chassis set up. Lots of the "poverty" spec versions around (lack of low range, none of the clever fast road gizmos etc.). The Dynamic is a different beast when pushed on. Also, the early RRS2 didn't have the 306bhp 3.0 so he might not have had much more grunt that you either if it was an early version.

Interestingly, the new 3.0 supercharged petrol, although called HSE Dynamic doesn't get the fast road toys that the bigger diesels and 5.0 petrol models do. LR do some funny things with their specifications.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #185087624th Aug 2017 9:07 pm
jamesgeorge2116

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Definitely the D5 for me Bow down

Post #185170327th Aug 2017 3:51 pm
Dan_NL

I have decided on my strategy. I will first sell the FL2, as it would have been in the barn for six months over winter, as soon as my D3 is back from Portugal. Smile No use keeping the FL2, although I think its a nice 'baby-LR'. Then end of november, I will put my D3 up for sale. Idea I informed some friendly dealers its available for sale then. When some richt kids want to go alpine skiing and 'dad' isn't too keen on lending his own RR, it might sell at a good price even. Then I'm left with the MiTo, untill the first quarter of 2018. Then both 'friendly dealers' will deliver many new cars which generate 'trade-in'. I am eager for a RRSDV8 , new far out of my league [ taxed easily € 200.000,- here..]. If this doesn't happen, I'll order a D5 and hope to take delivery before april so it can take me to Portugal.... Behold; if the D3 isn't sold, I will take her again for a tour. She's faultless and only my snobbery pushes me to a newer car... It feels like betrayal Embarassed She's always been good to us.. Big Cry

Post #185198128th Aug 2017 3:40 pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

Even after only having driven 900 miles in the FFRR, I can tell that the SDV8 is an absolute peach! Good luck in finding what you’re looking for Thumbs Up
 2011 - 2015: 3 x FL2
2015 - 2017: 2 x D4
2017 to date: FFRR SDV8
2023 to date: FL2 as a second car

2021 to date: Hinckley built ‘14 Triumph Trophy 1200
2022 to date: Hinckley built ‘14 Triumph Trophy 1200 & sidecar!
(One of only two known to exist in the world!) 

Post #18661738th Oct 2017 3:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >