Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

Delivered 14th Nov
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Reginald Molehusband

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4
Delivered 14th Nov

Just taken delivery of my D4 3.0 litre HSE in Bali blue, only extras are cameras and heated wheel. First impressions => Very Happy
I traded down (some would say up!) from a RR Sport V8 which I had for 3 years until its warranty expired. Difficult choice but more boot space and lower price tag swayed me in the end and so far I am not disappointed.

The car is running great guns and the dog is loving the suite of rooms it has in the back. Lovin' the auto dip lamps and keyless entry.

Only issues so far have been with the entertainment/phone electronics:
1. the phone couples with the car no problem when entering the car at the start of a journey. But the coupling is frequently lost, seemingly at random, sometimes at the same time as the phone loses network but not always. Once lost, coupling usually does not return, but sometimes does .... frustrating one this.

2. when using the ipod menu on the touch screen there started a static crackling and popping from the speakers. Disconnecting the ipod, even switching off the entertainment power button didn't affect it, it just continued to crackle and pop (seemed to be in relation to activity of the car, eg when I stopped at lights the crackling stopped). Switching off the engine and locking up for a while then restarting got things back to normal.

Post #55238417th Nov 2009 11:06 am
cooperman17

2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Re: Delivered 14th Nov

[quote="Reginald Molehusband"]

The car is running great guns and the dog is loving the suite of rooms it has in the back. Lovin' the auto dip lamps and keyless entry.

Only issues so far have been with the entertainment/phone electronics:
quote]

Nice to hear to hear your enjoying it 'trading down'.

The auto dip is grate on country lanes, but I'm still not sure about the keyless entry - it's probably me not doing things properly Embarassed

On the phone side my problem is the bluetooth connection between different phones. When the Mrs and I are in the car it connects to hers (the last paired phone). However my phone is paired but will not automatically connect if I'm in the car by myself.

Haven't tried an ipod.

Post #55296218th Nov 2009 1:40 pm
Reginald Molehusband

I have only used the one phone. Some days have passed now and the coupling is still dropping out from time to time.

Annoying #3: the delay in carrying out phone functions, eg when coupled with a mobile phone and using the touch screen to dial a phone directory number, first find the contact then dial which can only be done using the dial icon on the screen (not the dial button on the steering wheel). The screen then returns to the phone standby mode (ie showing network info) for some 10's of seconds, then when it has had a good thiink about it, it will dial the number selected. For me I am lucky if I can remember who I was phonign by then, nevermind why I wanted to talk to them .....

Annoying #4: Another "feature" is that when the engine is swithced off using the start/stop button, the car phone system cuts off. Another press of the start/stop switches it back on again. (this is written in the handbook and it is so). The drawback is that each transaction takes 10's of seconds as mentioned above, so by the time you get your call back on the car speakers, your caller has probably gone off. Then some minutes later the phone system cuts out again (but the ignition stays on). Bah!

Post #55362919th Nov 2009 4:35 pm
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I am using my Blackberry Bold 9000 and the Bluetooth is rock solid, no delays when pressing buttons, call list and phone book fully supported. I have had quite a few cars with integrated phone systems and the D4 is the best I have used.
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #55388520th Nov 2009 2:39 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
OzDisco

Australia 
Re: Delivered 14th Nov

Reginald Molehusband wrote:
Just taken delivery of my D4 3.0 litre HSE in Bali blue, only extras are cameras and heated wheel. First impressions => Very Happy

Very envious of you - sounds like the perfect vehicle.
Any chance of some photos - have yet to see a D4 in Bali Blue.
Cheers
Lee
 Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments that take your breath away...  
Post #55389720th Nov 2009 8:15 am
Reginald Molehusband

Lee
When it stops raining up here I'll get some pics. It's not the filthy and not longer so new car that stops me, it's getting my camera wet ....

Post #55409520th Nov 2009 4:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >