Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

what about Depreciation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
k1w1

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Agree, but with all the problems being reported, can anyone really afford to pay out of their own pockets once the warranty is up? I bet I'm not the only one thinking about selling just prior to the warranty expiry.

Next service, I have a list of small issues to have sorted, and I intend to find out what they would have cost me were they not under warranty, just to give some indication what the ownership costs are likely to be in year 4 and onwards.

Post #452122nd Mar 2006 2:18 pm
SN

Re: Depreciation

dysynni wrote:
So if you buy new, make sure you want to own for at least three years!
Yep - I got rid of the last motor after only 2 years and lost a whopping 55% of its list price at new (43% of actual price at new) at it hurt Evil or Very Mad Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #452132nd Mar 2006 2:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Andy4467

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

The first part of the depreciation is allways the VAT portion.
I was looking for a used SE in Nov 05, obviously main dealer only, Prices then started at £32995 for 54 plate with 25K.
I rang every dealer who had a car listed at this money the result £30500 was the lowest. The dealer from whom I purchased sold me a new in stock car cheaper than some dealers were expecting for used and ex-demo cars!
For what I considered to be a little more money I am first owner, 3 years warranty, no miles and very happy.

Basically a desireable car will hold its value better than a functional but undesireable car.
The D3 is currently desireable and functional and is also very new therefore will hold value better than other models. When a facelift or engine change is launched the resale values will fall.
The question is the same for all cars nearing the end of the warranty period do or dont you upgrade? I was told that if your are the first registered owner LR will offer you the 4th years warranty at end year 3. A family member was given this on his 51 td5 es FOC. Shocked
 Some say the glass is half full. Others that it is half empty. I say 'Are you drinking that?"

Cairns Blue, Ebony Leather, SE
BMW 320d M sport 

Post #452442nd Mar 2006 4:26 pm
Ecosse

Andy4467 wrote:

I was told that if your are the first registered owner LR will offer you the 4th years warranty at end year 3. A family member was given this on his 51 td5 es FOC. Shocked

Bearing in mind LR's general attitude to issues with the Disco3 as reported on the forum, I doubt if we should be holding our breath for a FOC 4th year guarantee Wink

Post #452672nd Mar 2006 6:19 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >