DISCO4.COM > General

Misseler automotive selling AMK compressors in Germany
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Stubear

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Misseler automotive selling AMK compressors in Germany

Wonder if anyone has had a similar issue,

Bought a new AMK compressor from a German seller misseler automotive on eBay in August last year. I don’t normally do this from another country due to these exact issues but The price was good and money was tight. Since I had it fitted in November last year it was noisy and loud it vibrates, hav ebeen busy with work and havent been able to do anything so have been putting it off. It can be heard outside and inside now. And has got steadily worse.

Contacted the guy as it has a 2 year warranty he says I have to buy a second one at £450 he will dispatch that one and then i send him the faulty one back so he can dignose it. Meanwhile I’m out of pocket by £850 not to mention the cost of having it removed and sending it and then refitted with no guarantee I would get my money back as he could easily deny it’s a manufacturing issue and he won’t budge. Saying that’s all I can do or just send him the one I have and be without my car for how long it takes him to diagnose it which isn’t an option as I drive 1500 miles a month and need it.

Surely if it’s sold in the uk I have the same rights and entitlements and it’s his issue to sort not for me too buy a second one I know it’s difficult as he is in Germany and if it’s a uk company I would drive to him and sort it man to man. But he should dispatch a new one and I send him the old one that’s part of being a sensible company utilising good customer service.

Any advice much appreciated as I’m thinking of cutting my losses and never buying from a foreign country again and buy in the uk and just suck up the cost.
 If it moves and it shouldn't duct tape it, if it doesn't move and it should walk away and get a big hammer  
Post #192041328th Feb 2018 11:16 pm
Mogwyth

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Have a read here https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/cons...dex_en.htm

Seems its largely the same as UK.
 ==================================
05 D3 HSE V8 4.4
04 MG TF 135
03 MG TF 115 Cool Blue Edition
02 MG TF 160
00 Hymer B564 Lionheart
1971 Series III 109

Post #19204251st Mar 2018 12:05 am
geoff.

England 

like u said suck up the cost which is a bitter pill to swallow i know Evil or Very Mad

all joking aside ive the exact same problem with one of my customers and there not for one min interested

whats the problem with it ?

geoff

Post #19204301st Mar 2018 1:12 am
Stubear

It’s working fine it’s just vibrating and noisy as anything I can hear it working inside and outside the truck.

I can’t see the point of shelling out again to this foreign company when I may as well pay a uk distributor so I think that’s what I will do.

Just hope no one else buys from this chap as if it develops a fault you have no warranty.
 If it moves and it shouldn't duct tape it, if it doesn't move and it should walk away and get a big hammer  
Post #19209991st Mar 2018 10:30 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

If you purchased over eBay and paid using PayPal I assume there are some buyer protections provided by eBay for the transaction. I’ve never had an issue within the warranty period but some packages have failed to arrive (went missing somewhere even with tracking, shocking.....) particularly German stores have refunded, no questions asked, when I’ve used the eBay claims process. As mentioned, I’ve never used it for a warranty related claim.

On the B2B side what the company suggests is actually very common for customers without a maintenance contract which would allow for advance part replacement. It is commonly called return to factory warranty and typically used to make the customers buy maintenance contracts since nobody wants to be without a part for 4-8 weeks or get hit with an additional bill for the duration of the repair.

As for buying foreign in general, 95% of my shopping for technology, car parts and other non-daily consumables is from outside the country. It is cheaper to buy from a foreign store with shipping then buying locally. The EU and one customs area is great for a consumer. Thumbs Up

Post #19210362nd Mar 2018 5:57 am
Stubear

Everything you say makes total sense, the complication is he’s in Germany and if it was the uk I wouldn’t have an issue only I’m at his beck and call and I don’t know if he is upstanding or ready to fleece me. I shouldnt have to spend more money to bolster another companies warranty, customer service should be such that I’m not out of pocket most trading standards will tell you that.

If this is a return to base warranty then the trading standards of each country should be dealing with it as it goes against most purchasing laws there to protect us, no different if you buy a car and it breaks down and needs a new motor the dealer wouldn’t tell you to buy a new car while he is diagnosing and repairing or replacing your engine. Then based on that you may or may not get the money back

It’s just a bit of a Swizz might as well not bother with any warranty and this is probably what the company is thinking there quids on while I’m out of pocket. I have a solution and maybe AMK should just build better products simple,
Post #19210882nd Mar 2018 9:38 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4
Re: Misseler automotive selling AMK compressors in Germany

Sorry, can't resist ...

Stubear wrote:
a German seller misseler automotive

… was there not a clue in the name ?

Getting back to being serious … as has been said, there is SOME protection for you and I don't believe the paying an extra £450 is a good way forward.

Did you pay by Paypal or Credit card ?

Post #19210962nd Mar 2018 9:51 am
200TDi

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Stubear wrote:
It’s working fine it’s just vibrating and noisy as anything I can hear it working inside and outside the truck.

are you sure it's mounted correctly and not touching the body/chassis/other?
 Pete

1965 S2a with Galv Marslands Chassis - Sold (BIG mistake)
1993 200TDi GS Green 5 Seat Manual - Broken
1993 200TDi GS Grey 7 Seat manual - Sold To Defender Owner to Use Engine
1999 TD5 GS Blenheim Silver 5 Seat Manual - Broken
1999 TD5 GS Oxford Blue 7 Seat Auto - Sold
1999 TD5 ES Epsom Green 6 Seat Auto - Sold
2007 D3 2.7 TDV6 XS Java Black 7 Seat Auto

1999 Swift Classic Coronette
2019 BMW X1 AWD Auto - SWMBO's Car

IID Tool BT 

Post #19210992nd Mar 2018 9:58 am
G_Cam

Scotland 2013 Discovery 3 3.0 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 3

If the last compressor was a Hitachi the plastic covers do not fit the AMK...
Is the cover loose or missing?

A good idea is to put your engine stethoscope onto it to track down the noise... old school I know as it does not give fault codes but works a treat for issues like vibration and wear Thumbs Up
 1 TR6 Rusting away quietly
1 FARR UTV SOLD
1 International Harvester SOLD
7 x D3 all SOLD
2 x D4 both SOLD
1 x Mrs D4 'Panther' SOLD
1 x Outlander van SOLD
1 continual stream of car parts and me living in the garage... 

Post #19211732nd Mar 2018 11:49 am
Stubear

Hardware17 wrote:
Sorry, can't resist ...

Stubear wrote:

Getting back to being serious … as has been said, there is SOME protection for you and I don't believe the paying an extra £450 is a good way forward.

Confused I knew it was from a German seller.
Post #19214132nd Mar 2018 7:05 pm
Stubear

Hardware17 wrote:
Sorry, can't resist ...

Stubear wrote:

Yes PayPal through the eBay but I wont get much joy from them awaiting a reply
Post #19214142nd Mar 2018 7:07 pm
Stubear

200TDi wrote:
Stubear wrote:

are you sure it's mounted correctly and not touching the body/chassis/other?

Yes My mechanic has done many of these i think its tne piston inside that’s what it sounds like
Post #19214162nd Mar 2018 7:08 pm
Stubear

G_Cam wrote:
If the last compressor was a Hitachi the plastic covers do not fit the AMK...
Is the cover loose or missing?

A good idea is to put your engine stethoscope onto it to track down the noise... old school I know as it does not give fault codes but works a treat for issues like vibration and wear Thumbs Up

It was AMK and it had the software upgrade so it’s been done before, covers fits hold and tight and it’s in good condition
Post #19214172nd Mar 2018 7:09 pm
latnutgub

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I bought an AMK compressor with covers from this supplier 2 months ago. My 10 year old Hitachi was giving me some fault codes (Later found it was the Gel dessicant freezing in the cold weather). When I fitted the new AMK compressor and SW it gave me an exhaust error on my IID tool and yellow suspension light on. I emailed Meissler the supplier, their response and reply emails were positive. 2 days later a new replacement came and the problem was fixed. I keep my Disco in Germany most of the time, so that probably had an advantage when it came to replacement service. I can understand them wanting a payment from UK customers, there is a fair bit of perceived Brexit Big Cry uncertainty dealing with UK consumers, the Brits apparently do not want to be a member of the EU and all the collective consumer benefits it brings Thumbs Up . On a performance note for the AMK, it does run a bit louder than the Hitachi, but not obtrusively. The suspension does pump up faster than before. Generally I was pleased with the outcome, but lost a few days use of the car because I had cut my plastic pipes to fit the AMK so could not refit my old Hitachi. It may help if you post your compressor back to the company recorded delivery, it just helps with the goodwill factor. Regards, Graham

Post #19215833rd Mar 2018 6:00 am
Stubear

It’s just not possible I can’t be without the car for the length of time it would be away, if it is because of brexit then it’s an unfair way to deal with customers, it an unfair warranty for a product that sounds quite flaky to me. It’s a lesson never to buy from a EU dealer again from now on it will be UK dealers.
Post #19216323rd Mar 2018 9:32 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >