Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

Dicso 4 Bluetooth Iphone 4 problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Showhire

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4
Dicso 4 Bluetooth Iphone 4 problem

Hi has anyone suffered from an on going issue I have with my 12 plate disco 4 and my iphone 4, when all is connected and working normally I can be in the middle of a phone call and suddenly the bluetooth seems to cut out and I cannot hear anything apart from feedback squeal through the speakers, I cant hear the caller but they can hear me. I cannot clear this by any means apart from actually stopping the vehicle, turning it off and then restarting. My local dealer blames the iphone software but doesnt seem to understand the problem as it is only intermitent?

Post #97929119th Sep 2012 8:40 pm
orbtar

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

I had this happen to me yesterday, the only way to stop the screeching was to stop the car, turn the engine off, lock the doors etc. Have never had this happen on our other cars with identical system. Will mention it to the dealer tomorrow.

Post #97932319th Sep 2012 10:05 pm
Showhire

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4

OK thanks let me know if you get any joy, I also have a disco 3 on a 09 plate and this doesn't have the same issue but has the more basic audio system?

Post #97965720th Sep 2012 7:47 pm
dangerdave

Admin note: post content removed at user request

Post #97966220th Sep 2012 7:50 pm
RRR207

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I had the same problem or at least very similar......

Can the caller hear you thru the car system or because call has reverted to the iPhone itself? This is what happened with me, the bluetooth dropped the call so the phone took it back.

This happened a few times over a week or two then one day the opposite happened & I couldn't disconnect the call from the car! Everything I did just left the call on the cars screen, the next day the car was dead!

Had LR Assistance out who diagnosed a knackered 'Instrument Pack' which was replaced under warranty. have had no problems with phone since then.....

I cannot tell you for sure that the two problems are linked but ?????

My car is a GS so no satnav screen, this may be relevant or not, I don't know.

Hope this helps in some way.
 Nick

2010 D4 ....... now gone and replaced with a 05RRV Autobiography

Member of Wessex4x4Response, (Bristol team) 

Post #97982621st Sep 2012 11:22 am
Showhire

Thanks nick thats very interesting, I hadn't realised that the caller can probably hear me through the mic on the phone not the handsfree kit and it possibly is the bluetooth on the car dropping out not the phone? It does say on the stereo display that it is all still connected but who knows and incidentally I too have been having an issue with the car battery being flat but LR can't find a drain on it? Thanks for your advice.

Post #97990721st Sep 2012 3:48 pm
Auntikinus

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I've been having the same problem for months. In the middle of a conversation, the squeal and then what I call "echo box mode" where all I get is myself through the speakers. The call at the other end can hear me but I can only hear myself.

It will happen several or more times per week, often when near the airport so I thought it was something to do with high power transmitters or radar.

I have turned off blue tooth, stopped and started the car without resolving the problem, but when I come back to the car several hours later the problem has resolved.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy SII, but the problem also happened with a Sony-Ericsson K610i.

Today the radio has started doing uncommanded channel changes

MY12 D4 se - SDV6, HiICE audio eDiff.

Last edited by Auntikinus on 4th Oct 2012 10:09 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #9853574th Oct 2012 9:49 am
Showhire

Thanks for the reply, glad to hear its not just me suffering from the "Echo Box", Land Rover tried to make out it was an iPhone issue so its very interesting to find out that it happens with other makes of phone and on Android as well. Hoping someone has an answer soon! Let me know if you find anything further information.

Post #9853644th Oct 2012 9:56 am
caverD3

Looks like they have problems with the MY2012s system especially its blue teeth. The receiver of calls on mine gets an echo no matter what phone is used. Other odd behaviour as well.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #9853764th Oct 2012 10:12 am
MJIbex

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

caverD3 wrote:
Looks like they have problems with the MY2012s system especially its blue teeth. The receiver of calls on mine gets an echo no matter what phone is used. Other odd behaviour as well.

For this problem only - have you tried turning the phone volume down?

Mark
 Gone: 2010MY 59 plate Bali Blue HSE.
Also gone : 2012MY 12 plate Firenze Red HSE.
In Bits : 2005 55plate 4.0 V8 Ibex 250s SW. 

Post #9855474th Oct 2012 4:45 pm
caverD3

I have tried the phone volume in settings and it makes no difference. Turning down the main volume works but then I can't hear them. Rolling Eyes
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #9857465th Oct 2012 1:51 am
Auntikinus

I've been onto the dealer today and the car is booked in, however they also asked me to check tthe VIN against the compatibility lists on the Land Rover website.

The au site lists the Samsung Galaxy SII GT19100 with android 4.0.3 and Galaxy SIII with android 4.0.4 as compatible. It also lists android version 2.3.6 against other Samsung phones, but it doesnt list my Samsung Galaxy SII GT19210T with android 2.3.6. (The T suffix on the phone model code is for the Telstra phone company.)

Are Land Rover going to make an issue of this?

Once again they claim I can't upgrade the HiICE audio to add Nav and rear camera. Sad

Post #9857535th Oct 2012 3:49 am
Showhire

H Chaps,

Ive had the Echo fault again two days ago and noted that the call was still connnected through the LR bluetooth system as it still showed on the dashboard, if i switched the phone to either speaker or iphone I could then hear the caller but as soon as I switched back to the LR bluetooth it went again. I reset my phone and disconnected the bluetooth but as soon as I connected back up to the car the same issue occured. Icidentally the car battery was completely dead the next day. I have spoken with the dealer who suspects the bluetooth module is staying on but still thinks the issue is with my phone, I have an iphone 5 coming next week so that will resolve that argument one way or the other!

Post #99065117th Oct 2012 11:40 am
Dougie

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

You can add me to the "feedback" list, I am a heavy user of the phone and it can happen several times a day. Only way to continue call is change from Bluetooth back to iPhone

Also a problem with the audio controls on the steering wheel as they are all Censored for elbow, volume goes up instead of down and channel changes and mode changes for no reason even with volume buttons. It has its knickers in a twist

Going on its holiday next week for an investigation

Post #99680431st Oct 2012 10:13 pm
Auntikinus

Had the LR software upgraded at the dealers Monday last week.

Overnight call went silent. What happened this time is: No high pitched tone, I couldn't hear caller but my own voice wasn't being repeated back to me as last time. Call display showing call still active but no sound.

Previously I called it "echo box" mode. This time its more like "Black Hole" mode.

Back in September, I had the uncommanded channel changes for 24 hours but not since then.

Will contact the dealer again.

MY12 D4 SE SDV6 HiIce Audio - Samsung Galaxy SII 4G (Telstra) problem previously also with Sony-Ericsson K610i 3G/GSM

Post #9968341st Nov 2012 12:16 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >