Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Can't hear you Dom, did yoiu say something..... Laughing
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #4767545th Jun 2009 2:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JMC

Scotland 

Of course I voted. I therefore retain the right to moan about the uninformed choices of the great unwashed. Rolling Eyes
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #4767655th Jun 2009 3:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jkp

Scotland 

Nope, never voted as I could not get an informed choice as to who would be best at serving us. Local TV loaded with political broadcasts from the religous party this week....WTF !!??

I fully see the point of being afforded the right to vote, by people paying the ultimate price, but how bad would it be disrespecting them with a poor choice for the good of the country. Confused

Everyone has a choice including the soldiers who chose to serve.

Sorry, but my take is all politicians are crooks and only look after themselves, not their mandate for helping their constituents.

Post #4767855th Jun 2009 3:55 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Thumbs Up

jkp wrote:
Sorry, but my take is all politicians are crooks and only look after themselves, not their mandate for helping their constituents.

and the recent exposure of MP's expenses has proven this to be true!!
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #4767875th Jun 2009 4:00 pm
SN

I don't mind admitting I voted UKIP for the 2nd time running - no-one else is committed to getting us out of the Euro swamp we find ourselves in - not that it'll make any difference Sad
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #4767895th Jun 2009 4:01 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I can totally understand the view of those who didn't vote, because there is no one political party that I really want to vote for either.

I like elements of several different parties. Although I can't instantly think of any Labour policies that have improved my own situation or are likely to.

So as I've already said. I end up voting for what I believe is the lesser of all the evils.

There's also a real danger in people not voting, that extremist parties whose followers always vote, gain more seats.

I hate polictical discussions on internet forums, so I'll also smash up my soapbox & bow out of this thread.

It's more fun seeing who's jumping from the sinking ship that is the Labour Party.

Post #4768295th Jun 2009 5:33 pm
JMC

Scotland 

LT wrote:
I hate polictical discussions on internet forums, so I'll also smash up my soapbox & bow out of this thread.

I love political discussions and I don't care where they take place! Razz

The problem that is obviously being displayed here is that people are entrenched in voting for parties - not for people. We should be choosing the people whom we wish to represent us and political parties should have no place. Get 600 Independent bodies into Westminster and let them go through an Apprentice style selection process with Alan Sugar. Something akin to choosing a new pope. When the white smoke appears, we have a new leader and a cabinet of people who are fit-for, experienced and capable of the office they are going to be holding. Effectively a meritocracy of government. Then, that becomes their 'job', just like it would be in the real world. However, the basic employees (the MPs) choose the direction of the ship by majority vote and the cabinet adopts these choices as policy. Finally, the constituents who have been robbed of their representatives have a second vote to replace their original winners who have now been selected for higher office.

The country pays wages to them all according to their positions and they are maintained in employment providing they perform as expected - just like the vast majority of their constituents.

UK Plc functions as a large cooperative business and the country is run with a balance sheet. The House of Lords takes the roll of Auditors and gets the same sort of powers as the VAT office / Inland Revenue to keep an eye on how things are being run.

Discuss............. Whistle
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #4768345th Jun 2009 6:08 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Two Questions:

1] Are you free for the next few years John.

2] Where do I put my cross?

Thumbs Up
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #4768365th Jun 2009 6:15 pm
SN

LT wrote:
There's also a real danger in people not voting, that extremist parties whose followers always vote, gain more seats
Take this one to the Silent Muslim Majority thread - exactly the same Neutral Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #4768655th Jun 2009 7:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >