Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Digital Freeview indoor TV Aerial for use in the caravan
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
highbayrack

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto LuxorDiscovery 4
Digital Freeview indoor TV Aerial for use in the caravan

Can anyone recommend a decent set top/indoor Digital Freeview TV Aerial for use in the caravan, one that actually works !!
We don't normally bother with a TV in the van when we're away, but need some insurance next week in case the weather is bad so the kids can watch a bit of telly. Maplin seem to sell a few models but wondered if there was anything to avoid.

I do have a Sat Dish on an external tripod which is pre- wired in the van for use with the Sky box from home, but I can't be asked with all the pfaffing about as it always seems to take me 3 days to get a picture even with a sat finder, then the kids bang into it, at which point I then usually pack it all away again in frustration Rolling with laughter
 On a mission to find the perfect Pork Pie. Just Found it (I think)..(Yes I have)
Official product sponsor for "Bloodhound SSC" 1000+ mph world land speed record 

Post #110639320th May 2013 7:09 pm
Richie63

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Can't recommend an indoor aerial, but I can empathise with you on the sat dish, sometimes I find the signal in minutes (luck) and other times it seems like hours. Rolling with laughter

Post #110652720th May 2013 10:23 pm
Washwipe

England 

To be honest I doubt any sort of indoor aerial will work very well in the van, the Alloy will suppress the signals, same as with your mobile, inside the van you get 4 bars step outside and get five. Might be better mounting an aerial on a pole clamped to the A Frame. Fit the Status 530 if you get a chance one day, since the switch over to Digital we very rarely get bad reception.

Post #110653320th May 2013 10:34 pm
BBDisco3

United Kingdom 

What ever ariel you use, a mains powered signal booster has always improved signals for us. MaplIns do those also.

Are you not able to use co outside ariel and mast clamped to the jockey wheel? Thumbs Up

Post #110655720th May 2013 11:11 pm
highbayrack

Cheers guys, I agree which is why I asked a bit tounge in cheek if any of them really work indoors. I was looking for an easy quick solution but really I know the only sure way is to fit one to roof of the van or on a pole fixed to the jockey wheel Thumbs Up
 On a mission to find the perfect Pork Pie. Just Found it (I think)..(Yes I have)

Post #110657821st May 2013 12:18 am
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

How about these? - bit expensive and I have no experience of them, it would be interesting to hear from someone who has.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120809939000?ssP...1423.l2649
I have an aftermarket flat satellite German dish built into the roof of the van, it can be raised and set up from inside, works very well in all areas, just need to be clear of trees.
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #110660021st May 2013 7:05 am
highbayrack

Thanks for that guys Thumbs Up . As I said we tend not to take a TV away in the van if we can help it, the kids watch enough rubbish at home.

I think I'll go with this one from Maplin, if it works..fine, if not I'll take it back Thumbs Up

http://www.maplin.co.uk/one-for-all-hd-ter...ial-383744

If it's any good I'll post a report on here Thumbs Up

EDIT; No I won't because I've just read the reviews on Amazon, basically rubbish !!

Post #110666121st May 2013 9:46 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >