Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Disco 3 goes on sale in Australia in April
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Hi Winnie,

I've posted a trip report on another Forum (Sorry Martin) but I don't want to redo it.

I hope the pics can be seen on the post on the other Forum. If they can't please tell me and I'll post them in the DISCO3 Gallery.

In summary. Buy a D3 if you want to go 4WD'ing. If you don't want to go 4WD'ing buy a D3. JUST GET ONE. DON"T WAIT. It's the best thing since sliced bread. I only had one problem and that was the TR decided it didn't want to be "available" and once I turned off the ignition and restarted it no problem. The D3 did a lot of serious 4WDing and it's been high pressured washed underneath (still got mud under there) and in the engine bay a few times already and no problems. The 18" with road tyres got through everything but it was not very muddy except on one track I took. I need to get 17" with AT tyres since I've damaged one rim and tyre on rocks already.

http://lrchroniclepub.proboards29.com/inde...p;start=60

Regards,

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #350517th May 2005 4:34 am
Winnie

2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 4

Thanks Chris for your calm objective advice.
Having twisted my arm - immediately ordered TDV6 S Auto Tonga Green Accessories - wraparound black bar (for shrub/roos and high gain CDMA aerial), tow bar, rubber mats front middle and cargo, investigating undervehicle rustproofing, BN-am stuck with driverseat (need to move up past SE to HSE to solve) but will look at forum suggested solutions, also miss out on TR as "S" comes with coils - perhaps next time.
Will miss the "D1" - one dealer complemented the state of the vehicle given its obvious "agricultural" use and mileage and quipped they would do well to exhibit it in their showroom as an example of the benefits of regular dealer servicing - but another dealer actually offerred to pay me for it, so guess what?
Continued concerns are rust, handbrake, other electrics, seat and ground clearance (between wheels not entry/exit) as less than D1/2.
Delivery promised mid June.
SALIVATING.

Post #351818th May 2005 12:04 am
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

That's great news Winnie. Sorry I wasn't so calm but I'm still getting over how good a time I had over the weekend.

At least you won't get the TR message of being unavailable.

Good Luck and enjoy it when you get it.

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #352018th May 2005 12:23 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >