DISCO4.COM > General

disco 3 to the rescue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4
disco 3 to the rescue

hi all

i have just got back off a weeks holiday been home half an hour when i heard a car horn sound, i looked out the front window to see a car in the ditch front end 1st, i went to see if the driver was ok and she was fine she then told me some kids had been sledging down next doors drive and across the road. she narrowly missed one of them and ended up in the ditch bonnet deep.

she rang her dad who turned up in a despatch van to pull her out i offered to help but was told by this very experianced older chap thanks but no thanks i will be fine with my van (on a very icey country lane with 1 inch thick compacted snow) so i said ok mate you carry on.

well after a few attempts and nearlly pulling himself into the ditch with wheel spin he said maybe i could try with the disco 3 Laughing

i attatched the tow rope rather thin rope may i add so i placed 2 of my coats over the rope just incase it snapped i then selected low range and took the tension i then proceeded to pull the vehicle out of the ditch without even using the throttle only used tick over revs wheels never even spun i was very impressed with the disco 3 and so was the rather Embarassed dad of the driver so i say well done disco 3

cheers shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #3479927th Dec 2005 9:20 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Well done mate !

Send this to Greenpeace as an example of why we choose to drive the D3 Wink

Where was all the snow ? None down here yet in Shropshire Sad

-s

Post #3480127th Dec 2005 9:23 pm
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4

hi simon

there was only an inch in burton on trent but i live on a very narrow country lane over looking the town so about the highest point around here so we don;t get griiters up here AND I DON;T WANT THEM EITHER SO STAY AWAY Twisted Evil hahaha

cheers shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #3480527th Dec 2005 9:27 pm
HarrisonB

England 

Hi Shawn,

Well done and I agree with Simon send the details to the tree huggers who slag us owner off.

I’m just over the boarder in Leicestershire and the country roads are great, covered in snow and ice. I’ve only had mine for several days and I can’t believe the difference the technology makes. On snow and ice my disco 1 was liability above 5mph. The ABS, DSC and Traction Control make it like driving on rails. I’m going out again for a play!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
 D3 gone for now  
Post #3481327th Dec 2005 11:01 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

But don't forget...

The laws of physics still apply !

take it easy and the D3 is awesome... get over confident and you won't stop Wink

Post #3481527th Dec 2005 11:38 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Please be careful! the D3 is good, very good, but it is very heavy, and only has 4 small areas of rubber holding it up. If it starts to slide on ice, you are a passenger. The electronics do a fabulous job of keeping everything straight, but when the limit is exceeded, the results are just as spectacular Wink

Post #3481827th Dec 2005 11:48 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Let me second (third) that! Take it easy, when 2.7t of Solihuls finest starts to slide it's unnerving to say the least, you don't want it to happen in a confined area and definitely not at speed.
Go and find a nice muddy off-road site and experience exactly what happens in a slide on mud where you've still got some grip, then imagine what it would be like on ice where you can only hope you find some!

Play safe now Razz
 The End  
Post #3482027th Dec 2005 11:59 pm
lee01277

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

On Newbie day on 4th Dec, we had a go on the green ice at Tixover.. When its slippy, its slippy. Teeth marks in the streering wheel etc etc
 ..............Somewhere in-between my old D3 and what's to come next .........  
Post #3483528th Dec 2005 11:02 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >