DISCO4.COM > Tips & Tricks

disco navigation system in the central and eastern european
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
captain_sugar

Czech Republic 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4
disco navigation system in the central and eastern european

Hi all,

Who can tell me more details about the disco navigation system in the central and eastern european region?

When I baught the car everybody promised that the navigation data will become available soon.

Now it seems Land Rover will probably never cover this area due to too small sales of the navigation system in this region and therefor negative profitability.

The prague importer told me an interesting version: the data are present on the car but the system needs a service code to activate or allow access to these data.

Does anybody knows more details or additional information?

If not, please, everybody in the region, buy massive amounts of Discovery 3's WITH a navigation system installed so that LR will start to sell the navigation data. ...

Thanks!

Post #828185th Sep 2006 4:22 pm
dylansdad

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

you may have the system but no data I suspect.

if you cant use the sat nav then I would reject the vehicle and but on without sat nav, or at least ask for a refund equivalent to the cost of adding the sat nav option to a vehicle that hasnt got it.

then you can go and buy a handheld device and a holiday too probably Laughing
 2004 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi Silver  
Post #828745th Sep 2006 9:25 pm
tlt

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Nav

Perhaps you can contact the factory there in the UK. I thought that there was data there, at least that is what I saw at LR experience there. ....

Ummm... is the dvd installed.... javascript:emoticon('Idea')
Idea

Post #833087th Sep 2006 1:38 am
pior

Poland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi

Funny, same the same thing promised polish dealers, now the say end of the year, but probably I will go for TOM TOM
Piotr

Post #833127th Sep 2006 7:20 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
captain_sugar

Czech Republic 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4

Tom Tom is nice in the city but useless when driving long distance through villages. People from western Europe will not understand what is "driving long distance through villages", and neighter does TOMTOM. Instead of guiding you over the roads everybody uses because they are the easiest, Tomtom continuesly proposes "chortcuts". There is no difference between "main roads in the villages" and "all other roads in villages".
Maybe no navigation system is clever enough to know the difference...

Apart from that, Tomtom has nice coverage in Czech.

The man problem of tom tom is that it is portable and therefor attracive for thieves (taken away immediatel). The disco with an antiradar and a tomtom sticked on the windshield (visible at first glance) is attractive for thieves. Imagine (and thieves imagine as well) that there is (or can be) a notebook in the trunk, a phone, camera and binoculars in the cabine (often left on the passanger seat). Hiding all of this during small stops is not realistic, even for longer stops, we use to neglect this risk when we are lazy or in a hurry....

Be careful in Poland, the 90db (measured UNDER the hood and UNDER it's plastic cover) alarm will not make a difference for thieves. Even when you park your disco under your window, you will sleep through the alarm.

I wished I had a built in navigation system, as promised by our dealers.
They all point to the relatively cheap TOMTOM but do neglect that a burglary caused more or less by the presence of the tomtom will cost lots of money, time and problems (mainly away from home).

My Tomtom is stored away in the garage...

Post #833187th Sep 2006 8:08 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >