Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Disco3 forum under attack by Japs!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
panosko

Greece 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Maya GoldDiscovery 3
Disco3 forum under attack by Japs!

Cool title heh?. ALthough I posted the same topic in th "Europe" section, I didn't have many replies so I move here. Just tell me why should I go for the "moving closet" called LR3, and not go for the super-Hybrid-suv Lexus RX400H. It is much more beautifull, it's a suv, loads of space, electric seats, electric rear door (!!) , SATNAV 17'' monitor included in all models (not extra), 0-100 in 7 secs, no extras needed after purchase, just not for off-road use such an LR3 , but how much do we go off-road anyway! So, my opinion, is that LR3 is out of the game allready.

Post #270179th Nov 2005 5:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

Depends if you want plastic shoes or leather really, Plastic looks the same, but it is just pretend really, rather like a Lexus. If you don't really want a 4x4 for off road use why have one? There are lots of very nice saloon cars out there that will drive better and be more economical. My D3 is as economical towing as the hybrid Lexus too and isn't such a danger to pedestrians because they can hear it coming. BTW they aren't as trouble free as we are led to believe as a mate has rejected 2! But enjoy it if thats what you like we're all different.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #270239th Nov 2005 5:59 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Quote:
SATNAV 17'' monitor included in all models
Christ thats big! I've got a 17" monitor on my desk, and I can't quite see it looking right in a car.

My brothers got a Lexus RX, he loves it, but it is very different from the Discovery3. We park next to each other outside our offices, and everyone (even my brother) agrees that the Discovery is far better looking. Electric rear door is cool though!

Each to their own I suppose.

Post #270259th Nov 2005 6:06 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Gareth wrote:
Each to their own I suppose.
Exactly! If you want to use it off-road the choice is obvious, if it's for shopping not so clear cut.

I think if you're even comparing the two and looking for reasons why you should buy a Discovery 3 (it is only badged as a LR3 in Canada, the USA and Mexico) and you're already touting the virtues of the Lexus then you probably don't want the Disco anyway. If you truly liked it you wouldn't have to justify it

My 3 penneth worth....

Si
 The End  
Post #270379th Nov 2005 6:42 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

.... but why would you want to achieve 100mph in seven seconds.... especially in the Japanese equivalent of a melted welly, BUT, be so concerned about fuel economy... as in your other post?
Yer pays yer money, yer takes the choice Wink

Post #270419th Nov 2005 7:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

So you made your mind up already by the sound of it... why ask us here ?

Go Jap if you want a high and comfortable ride with loads of gadgets.

If you want the best 4 x 4 on the market today... well you've arrived at DISCO3.CO.UK so you MUST have a clue as to what it is eh ?

-s

Post #270839th Nov 2005 8:52 pm
BN

England 

Yes, but panosko you can have the even numbered car for town (Athens) on Mon/Wed/Fri that would be the Japanese one and the odd numbered car for Sat/Sun/Tue/Thu which is the LR so the Disco3 wins yet again Wink no contest of course.

Post #270879th Nov 2005 8:58 pm
jeff

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Rimini RedDiscovery 3

I suspect our friend Panosko is an internet Troll, so lets not feed him!
 D3 TDV6SE
Defender 110 V8 lpg

www.carlyonbay.net
www.thepavillioncarlyonbay.co.uk 

Post #271019th Nov 2005 9:22 pm
'e'll cope

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Keswick GreenDiscovery 3
Re: Disco3 forum under attack by Japs!

panosko wrote:
Cool title heh?. ALthough I posted the same topic in th "Europe" section, I didn't have many replies so I move here. Just tell me why should I go for the "moving closet" called LR3, and not go for the super-Hybrid-suv Lexus RX400H. It is much more beautifull, it's a suv, loads of space, electric seats, electric rear door (!!) , SATNAV 17'' monitor included in all models (not extra), 0-100 in 7 secs, no extras needed after purchase, just not for off-road use such an LR3 , but how much do we go off-road anyway! So, my opinion, is that LR3 is out of the game allready.

Nowt cool about that title, my hellenic friend. At end of day you get whats you've paid for. Valu for money.

Comparison of the two is same as suggesting timber windows are same as plastic - and I shud ken as plastic doors windows and conservatories is my trade; they do me well enough to afford timber frames in my house and a D3 in my yard. Tis my customers who are the type who spend their cash on plastic cars too

Post #272059th Nov 2005 11:12 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

'e'll cope wrote:
panosko wrote:

Nowt cool about that title, my hellenic friend. At end of day you get whats you've paid for. Valu for money.

Comparison of the two is same as suggesting timber windows are same as plastic - and I shud ken as plastic doors windows and conservatories is my trade; they do me well enough to afford timber frames in my house and a D3 in my yard. Tis my customers who are the type who spend their cash on plastic cars too

Bow down Bow down

Post #272089th Nov 2005 11:15 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

simon wrote:
'e'll cope wrote:
panosko wrote:

Bow down Bow down

Eh'up Mr Cope Wink can I deduce from your posting dialect that you are are an ex - Scot living in exile in Sunny Scunny Question Ken wha' I mean?

Post #272159th Nov 2005 11:26 pm
'e'll cope

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Keswick GreenDiscovery 3

No way, Gareth, south of border. Hexhams my home town, though spent a fair few years in whitby too. Scunthorpe is just where the biz is based. No jock in me.

Post #272199th Nov 2005 11:36 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I know a chap in that area who does PVC windows and the like; Alan's his name, but he doesn't drive a D3, so logic would suggest you aren't the same person.........and I don't think he comes from Northumberland. Anyway, good to have you aboard, and I like the analogy.

Post #272379th Nov 2005 11:54 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

'e'll cope wrote:
No way, Gareth, south of border. Hexhams my home town, though spent a fair few years in whitby too. Scunthorpe is just where the biz is based. No jock in me.

Ahh Whitby, love the place. Best Fish'n Chips in the world.

Post #2724510th Nov 2005 12:34 am
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

And kippers!

Post #2725510th Nov 2005 9:19 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >