Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

DiscoDuncs World Tour of France and Spain.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

might try and get some shots for the 2010 Calendar Thumbs Up
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #46703314th May 2009 10:13 am
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Dunc ..in the "urbanization" Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #46712414th May 2009 2:13 pm
DiscoDunc

Back already Big Cry ,

two and a bit weeks is far to short, but had a great time.

Wiggs, I went looking for your Dad but couldnt see him... I guess he looks a bit like you but older Wink I beeped my horn around the urbanization.. a few people waved their arms around but I dont think they were waving nicely at me so I stopped Embarassed

The D3 performed faultlessly, not a single issue whilst covering the 4000 miles. even after almost 3 years of ownership I still get the permagrin Mr. Green , its a great car. The Oztent and Engel fridge were also fantastic Thumbs Up , although we wish we had bought an RV4 Oztent rather than an RV3, but it was still an excellent tent. (anyone want to swap Wink )

The aerobed on the other hand got a puncture just before we went to sleep at a site in Spain and we had to sleep on the floor, ouch Evil or Very Mad . Managed to get another airbed from a little spanish sports shop. Getting through the tight streets was interesting but we managed it in the end.

Slept in the car on the first evening after catching the 20:00 shuttle and managed to get south of Paris. MrsDiscoDunc slept in the back with the seats down and I slept in the drivers seat. had a great sleep and didnt wake up until 07:00.

Got down to Milau by about 14:00 and found a nice site by the river :

Click image to enlarge

then crossed the viaduct on Saturday Morning. Quite an impressive sight :

Click image to enlarge

Campsite in spain was pretty good also and temps were in the mid thirties all the holiday. We looked a bit out of place amongst all the motor homes but a few people, of all nationalities commented on how cool the setup looked 8) :

Click image to enlarge

In spain we drove into the Callablanque Nature Reserve and found a secluded beach. We drove down a dried up river bed to get there, plenty of bolders and small crevasses to be negotiated before arriving at this :

Click image to enlarge

Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the road down to the beach ..... Rolling Eyes

Got back to Calais yesterday and loaded the contents of the D3 on to the roof to make room for the wine Very Happy

Click image to enlarge

It would appear that DiscoPoppy is keen to sample Desperados :

Click image to enlarge

As I said the D3 was fantastic and didnt have a single problem, until............

I stopped for fuel at St Omer. The engine sounded like a bag of nails...... (we had just travelled 580 miles at an almost constant speed of 90mph in 30 degrees)

Also, just south of Milau we were pulling up a steep part of the motorway, Sport Mode, 4th gear, about 85mph, outside temp 34 degrees and at exactly 4000rpm the engine felt as if it was misfiring and would not exceed 4000rpm. I replecated the problem several times up the hill but then at the top all was OK and I havnt been able to reproduce it since. so, I dont know if it was the gearbox not sure whether it should be in 4th or 5th, or some other problem. (any suggestions gratefully received)

Anyway, back to the bag of nails problem : - called into the dealers and I have a bearing failing on the aircon pump so Ive left the D3 there as they recommend I dont drive it. I'm feeling lucky at the moment that it didnt fail on the way back.

Hopefully they will clean all the splattered insects and dust off the car. And boy, were there some big insects. when an insect hits the windscreen and it makes a bright yellow splodge 4cm diameter, thats big Shocked

Roll on next year Very Happy
 Duncan
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD

Post #4748361st Jun 2009 2:07 pm
NeilD

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Looks fab Dunc, glad you all had a good time and are back safely Thumbs Up .

Dog looks a bit squashed though, not much air Shocked

Did he/she pass out after the beer? Mr. Green
 My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/NeilDisco#p/u/5/Dz4-Q95GQ2c
Photo Sets http://www.flickr.com/photos/16658684@N08/sets/72157625275139752/ 

Post #4748441st Jun 2009 2:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoDunc

Quote:
Dog looks a bit squashed though, not much air

Plenty of air Thumbs Up , there was a big gap at the back of the cage between the cage and back door. Also the air con blowers in the roof where positioned to send cool air down the side of the car into the cage Thumbs Up

Quote:
Did he/she pass out after the beer?

Fortunatly she hasnt worked out how to take the top off the bottle...... yet !
 Duncan
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD

Post #4748481st Jun 2009 2:45 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Looks good, after my own experience get the power steering pump checked at the same time. I had both air con and power steering pump changed at the same time as both were very worn. My air con pump was making a lot of noise.

Taking our dog to Holland this year, he got his passport last year but never used it. How easy are the formalities at the tunnel to get back in. Are most vets able to do the tick/worm treatment and provide the relevant stamp in the passport.

Post #4749091st Jun 2009 5:28 pm
DiscoDad

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

DiscoDunc wrote:

Click image to enlarge

Looks like you parked in the same field as I did to take a similar pic 2 years ago! Thumbs Up

Post #4749121st Jun 2009 5:35 pm
DiscoDunc

Thumbs Up

countrywide, getting the Pet back into the UK is easy. The Pet control point is on the right hand side just before you get to the check-in. it takes about 5 mins, they check the pet-id-chip and the check that the passport has been stamped properly. We have a number of a Vet in St Omer that was very good. They speak English well and have been recommended by a number of people. We have heard nighmare stories about vets not giving the correct treatment or stamping the passport properly and then the pets not being allowed back in to the UK Shocked

the only hassle is that the pet cant travel until 24 hours after the vet visit and no later than 48 hours after the visit. it just means you have to spend a night in st omer. which is fine, or you can find a vets nearer to where you are staying.

If you want the vets number and location let me know and I'll PM it, or I can post it up here. There is also a good campsite closeby and the owner works as a nurse at the vets so she arranges the appointment Thumbs Up
 Duncan
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD

Post #4749241st Jun 2009 6:06 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to: