Discovery 3 Engine Start Issue, Error P062D-0 Detected
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DiscoveryDriver

Poland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Discovery 3 Engine Start Issue, Error P062D-0 Detected

Click image to enlarge

Hello dear forum community,

I turn to you with the hope that someone among you might have had similar experiences and can assist me. I own a Land Rover Discovery 3 from the year 2007, powered by a 2.7-liter diesel engine, which is currently facing some difficulties. Specifically, the engine refuses to start. It does attempt to start (the starter is working and the engine shows signs of life), however, it does not fire up.

As the starting issues gradually emerged, I used my old diagnostic tool to read the error codes. The codes displayed were P02A1 (Cylinder 2 – Balance Injector Leaky), P020C (Injection Duration/Timing Cyl. 2 – Deviation from Target Value), and P020D (Injection Duration/Timing Cyl. 4 - Deviation from Target Value). I cleared these errors subsequently.

To better understand the current problem, I acquired the IID Tool and read the error memory again. Now, the diagnostic tool only shows the error code P062D-01 (25) – (Fuel Injector Circuit Performance - Bank 1 - General Failure Information - General Electrical Failure). My research indicates that this error code could signify various issues, such as an open or short-circuited wiring, a connector in the injector control circuit of bank 1, a faulty fuel injector, a defective PCM or EFI controller, or a programming error of the controller.

Some time ago, I encountered the problem that the engine poorly started or did not start at all in cold condition. If it did not start, I had to wait about 24 hours to try again. When the engine finally started and ran, it ran very unevenly for the first 10 to 20 minutes, which seemed to me as if it was not running on all cylinders. I had to give more throttle to prevent the engine from stalling.

After about 20 minutes, however, the engine ran smoothly and seemingly on all cylinders. In warm condition, I could turn off the engine for about 3 to 4 hours and it would start again without issues as long as it was still warm, although I noticed that initially it smoked a bit more until it reached its operating temperature.

As a first step, I replaced the diesel filter, which however did not resolve the issue.

Next, I wanted to replace the glow plugs, but they could not be removed and threatened to break. Since I had already read the error codes P02A1, P020C, and P020D with another diagnostic tool, I decided to examine the injectors more closely.

I removed all injectors, marked them beforehand to know where they belong, and then looked into each combustion chamber with a small inspection camera to find out which glow plug was defective. I discovered that the glow plug in combustion chamber "5" was defective and replaced it with a new one.

Subsequently, I cleaned all injectors from the outside, inserted new seals, and remounted the injectors as well as bled the diesel lines.

Lastly, I purchased a new starter battery and installed it. Naturally, I disconnected the battery during all works.

Since the work on the injectors and the glow plug, the engine refuses to start and the new error code 062D-01 (25) – (Fuel Injector Circuit Performance - Bank 1 - General Failure Information - General Electrical Failure) is displayed, no further errors are shown since the engine does not start.

I would like to add that about 3000 km ago, the following works were carried out in a workshop: oil pump, timing belt set, timing chain set, and camshaft repair. Unfortunately, this workshop no longer exists, so I cannot inquire there.

I do have a few questions:

1. Can I retrieve live data with the IID Tool during the starting attempt to better narrow down the problem?

2. Is it possible to program new injectors with the IID Tool? If yes, is there anyone here who has done this before and could give me some tips?

3. Has anyone had experiences with this specific error code and could provide me instructions on how best to proceed to overcome the difficulties?

4. Could the indicated error code be related to the previous repairs?

5. Are there specific parts that could cause problems more frequently in my situation, which I should check or replace?

I appreciate any support and advice greatly.

Many thanks in advance!

Warm regards

DiscoveryDriver

P.S.: It would be great if someone has experience with the IID Tool and could provide me with some insights or tips regarding this.

Post #235125124th Oct 2023 11:34 am
DiscoveryDriver

Starting Issues on 2007 Land Rover Discovery 3 (2.7L Diesel)

Hello everyone, I own a 2007 Land Rover Discovery 3 with a 2.7L diesel engine facing starting issues. The engine tries to start but fails. Previous diagnostics displayed error codes P02A1, P020C, and P020D, which I cleared. Now, my IID Tool shows error code P062D-01 (25). I used to have cold start problems; the engine ran rough but normalized after 20 minutes. Changing the filter didn't help. Has anyone had similar experiences? Thanks in advance, DiscoveryDriver

Post #235141826th Oct 2023 12:50 pm
DiscoveryDriver

Troubleshooting & IID Tool Queries on Land Rover Discovery 3

Hello, After replacing glow plugs and injectors in my Discovery 3, the engine won't start. The IID Tool displays error code P062D-01 (25).
1. Can I retrieve live data with the IID Tool during the starting attempt?
2. Can I program new injectors with the IID Tool? Has anyone done this? Thanks for any tips! Best regards, DiscoveryDriver

Post #235141926th Oct 2023 12:50 pm
DiscoveryDriver

Error Code P062D-01 & Prior Repairs on Land Rover Discovery

Hello, 3,000 km ago, my Discovery 3 had the oil pump, timing belt set, timing chain set, and camshaft repaired. Now, the IID Tool shows error code P062D-01 (25), and the engine won’t start.
1. Could the error code relate to the previous repairs?
2. Are there specific parts I should check or replace? I appreciate any help! Warm regards, DiscoveryDriver

Post #235142026th Oct 2023 12:51 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

I don't think 4 threads are required or will help

Post #235142526th Oct 2023 1:25 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Please only create one thread about the same subject
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #235149727th Oct 2023 3:13 am
Pete K

I think you need to get the air out if the system.

Post #235149827th Oct 2023 3:59 am
DiscoveryDriver

Pete K wrote:
I don't think 4 threads are required or will help

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the multiple posts, I was a bit desperate and wanted to ensure I shared all relevant information to get help. I will stick to using one thread for this topic moving forward.

Post #235151327th Oct 2023 9:29 am
DiscoveryDriver

Pete K wrote:
I think you need to get the air out if the system.

I appreciate your suggestion to remove the air from the system. Could you possibly provide more details on how I can do this best? Is this a process I can carry out myself or would it be better to consult a professional?

Post #235151527th Oct 2023 9:30 am
DiscoveryDriver

DG wrote:
Please only create one thread about the same subject

Thank you for your guidance, and I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the multiple posts. I understand your instructions and will ensure to stick to one thread for the same topic moving forward. I greatly appreciate your patience and support in this forum.

Warm regards

Post #235151827th Oct 2023 9:32 am
Pete K

First research that fault code or tell us what it is

The fuel is at very high pressure so I shouldn’t tell you.
But as long as you stand well away from the engine you could loosen the metal pipe to one injector at the front.
Loosen it approx 2 turns

Loosen:
Front left side
Front right side of engine.

Crank the engine over and then check to see if fuel has come out.
If fuel comes out. Tighten them up.
Try starting again.

Post #235152427th Oct 2023 9:48 am
DiscoveryDriver

I have bled the fuel lines directly at the injectors. Enough diesel came out, so I think it should be bled now. Best regards

Post #235152627th Oct 2023 9:55 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >