Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

Discovery 4 crankshaft trigger wheel
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
tungi

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4
Discovery 4 crankshaft trigger wheel

Once upon a time I bought a disco 4 with both head gaskets leaking and 140k on the clock. I started the journey by hoping I could carry out the repair with the body in place. I was so wrong. Taking the body off without car lift but using trolley jacks and packing was eventful to say the least but now on reflection quite rewarding.
Now this is were it gets interesting, with so much exposed to you, where do you stop. I decided to start on the reason why this journey started, the engine. The question was, do I limit this to the head gaskets or do I explore further? Well its seemed such a good opportunity that I should not miss, so the journey took a detour, I decided to give the engine a complete overhaul.
Engine out on the stand and start stripping. Everything went extremely well until I came to removing the crankshaft.

This is my request. Can anybody enlighten me on how to remove the trigger wheel and then when I am ready how I refit. I need pictures as well as words if possible. This is an opportunity for a shining knight to come to my aid and save the day (that sounds a bit fruity, but you know what I mean). I’m waiting in anticipation.

Post #19497521st Jun 2018 7:05 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >