____
Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey 

Post #9073189th Mar 2012 3:17 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

5/10 from the VAG stable.

Post #9073289th Mar 2012 4:04 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Good result for the D4 Thumbs Up a bit surprised the Nissan X-Trail is in there though.
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #9073399th Mar 2012 5:12 pm
MadJax

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Interesting - No Landcruiser or Patrol. Makes me Very Happy
 Discovery 4 2.7 SE
Defender 130 TD5 - Daily Drive
2.7t Caravan
Java TD5 HSE - Gone but not forgotten.
Java V6 Freelander - Had fun in it. 

Post #90780410th Mar 2012 11:51 pm
oop north

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Marmaris TealDiscovery 4

Still "despite unreliability" though Sad I will get a D4 when I can believe it is going to be reliable...

Post #90785311th Mar 2012 8:56 am
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

oop north wrote:
Still "despite unreliability" though Sad

My D4 is proving to be just as reliable as the D3 was... neither have lost me a single days work over a total of 140K miles?
Thumbs Up

Post #90787511th Mar 2012 11:00 am
A1GSS

England 

And my D3 has been almost perfect, only the tailgate problem, fixed under warranty. Thumbs Up
 ____
Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey 

Post #90787811th Mar 2012 11:14 am
APL

France 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Same here, my D4 has never let me down apart from one flat battery....

Never had a single problem with any of my previous Discoverys either come to that!
 2016 Discovery 4 Commercial
2019 Discovery 5 HSE 

Post #90788011th Mar 2012 11:38 am
mickyd4

United Kingdom 

D4 now approaching 40,000 miles after 2 years, only a dodgy fuel guage! The old D3 only had an airbag light in about 30,000 miles! So no complaints here either! Mr. Green Nothing has stopped me driving! Stornoway Grey Stornoway Grey Series 3
 2023 Ineos Grenadier 3.0 Diesel Commercial
2022 Mini John Cooper Works Hatch
2021 Golf MK8 GTD
1978 Land Rover SIII
1993 Range Rover Classic 3.9 V8

2007- Range Rover TDV8 - SOLD
2020 - Discovery 5 3.0 SD6 Landmark - SOLD
2020 - Defender 110 D240 First Edition - SOLD
2012- Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE - SOLD
2009- Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS - SOLD
2007- Discovery 3 TDV6 GS- SOLD
2001- Defender 90 Td5 - SOLD 

Post #90788911th Mar 2012 11:59 am
oop north

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Marmaris TealDiscovery 4

Mine was perfect for three months and then didn't work for more than a couple of days at a time for the next two months. The dealer took six weeks to find two wiring faults, the sunroof leaked and the egr's needed replacing. So it went - the Subaru has been perfect but I have been hoping I can one day believe a D4 will be reliable. The various tales of all range rovers tested by mags haven't helped (electrical problems), still I regularly come on here to try to build up hope! Whistle

Post #90792511th Mar 2012 2:07 pm
nigel207

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

oop north wrote:
Mine was perfect for three months and then didn't work for more than a couple of days at a time for the next two months. The dealer took six weeks to find two wiring faults, the sunroof leaked and the egr's needed replacing. So it went - the Subaru has been perfect but I have been hoping I can one day believe a D4 will be reliable. The various tales of all range rovers tested by mags haven't helped (electrical problems), still I regularly come on here to try to build up hope! Whistle

I take it that you've (partially) read the What Car? test? It seems that that particular vehicle was an almost pre-production model and by LR's own admission should have been disposed of via the crusher (and not let out of the factory gates). Having had a quick flick though the latest copy, the Audi A1 is also rated as having questionable reliability. We'd better start shouting very loudly that Audi's are unreliable, and keep doing so until we're believed.

Any fault on any car is unacceptable, but sadly they're present, and present on all makes, including Subarus (speaking from experience). But it just seems that LR have to be the butt of everyone, and it wouldn't be British to fight back would it? Embarassed

Post #90823912th Mar 2012 10:49 am
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

My D3 has been faultless after first 18mths of total let down, what I don't like is the cr@p that LR PR put out about it should have been in a crusher, yeh right! caught out bang to rights with a a typical Censored car they 'occasionally' turn out. There is no doubt that they need to get their quality control sorted, it is pure joke how many obvious and simple things that are wrong are let out of the factory, and all this does in INCONVENIENCE the customer. Would I buy another LR product? don't know after my last experience, but now they have sorted my turbo as well as other things it is faultless as I said, I can't risk buying a new one and going through all that 18mths of Censored again, especially when they even give a dodgy one for testing!

So don't take one bit of notice of LR spin, they are at it trying to do damage limitation, unfortunately for them and fortunately for everyone else this forum exists and sticks to FACTS and the TRUTH, STOP making excuses for them Thumbs Up

Post #90824112th Mar 2012 10:57 am
nigel207

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

Calm down! I'm not making any excuses for anyone. Like I said in my post, any fault on any vehicle (be it LR or anyone else) is a fault too many. Whether LR were caught out or what they say is true is anybody's guess. The fact is that when folk read articles on LR products, they only seem to look for any faults (whether they exist or not), and the press find it almost obligatory to put something in because it's LR.

Before anyone gets on their high horse, I have worked with the press (at National level), and at one event, two vehicles of Japanese origin let us down badly as they wouldn't start in the first place. They were both 4X4's, and the manufacturers began with L and H. There were three LR products there that worked without fault. When the article was published, was the unreliability of H and L mentioned? No. In fact it was stated that H and L are always at the top in reliability surveys. Was the fact that the LR's performed brilliantly mentioned? Yes, with the "but" regarding reliability.

All manufacturers spout "spin". The most guilty are BMW. How often do we read "the X3 is capable of doing over 50 mpg". Yeah, right. Only vertically, off a cliff with the engine off! But yet, once again the press continue to spout that and a lot believe it.

Like you, I would be thoroughly p****d off if I'd spent a lot of money on a vehicle that let me down. Indeed, there's a really nice looking bronze D4 for sale on this forum that I'm trying to resist temptation, bearing in mind some of the issues I've had with my D3 which I don't want repeating (warranty or not, it is the inconvenience). But, there are also many happy customers just to balance things. Perhaps LR owners may be more honest than others when it comes to surveys?

Post #90824812th Mar 2012 11:26 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Don't worry about DT ...he's one of those whiners about nothing Laughing There's a few of them on here Whistle Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #90825212th Mar 2012 11:31 am
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

nigel207 wrote:
Calm down! I'm not making any excuses for anyone. Like I said in my post, any fault on any vehicle (be it LR or anyone else) is a fault too many. Whether LR were caught out or what they say is true is anybody's guess. The fact is that when folk read articles on LR products, they only seem to look for any faults (whether they exist or not), and the press find it almost obligatory to put something in because it's LR

So what the Censored is this, Scotch Mist? Don't feed the PR machine, or are you one of them? Evil or Very Mad

nigel207 wrote:
I take it that you've (partially) read the What Car? test? It seems that that particular vehicle was an almost pre-production model and by LR's own admission should have been disposed of via the crusher (and not let out of the factory gates). Having had a quick flick though the latest copy, the Audi A1 is also rated as having questionable reliability. We'd better start shouting very loudly that Audi's are unreliable, and keep doing so until we're believed.

THIS FORUM is THE ONLY reliable source Thumbs Up

Post #90825312th Mar 2012 11:36 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >