DISCO4.COM > General

Discovery 4 Roof Rails -
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
lifebelowzero

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Discovery 4 Roof Rails -

Hi All.
New to the forum so hello! Just a quick question regarding Discovery 4 Roof Rails.
My Discovery 4 is immaculate and I absolutely adore it. In Corris Grey with the diamond cut alloy wheels it's a dream.
However, one part, no matter how hard I try is still not looking it's best.

Roof Rails.

They look like they're water stained and I don't know why.
( I've attached some pictures so you can see the bobbling / water stain marks on them )

I've tried to zoom in as much as i can on the second picture, and if you look closely you can see the speckled what look like dots and marks on them - sorry if the pictures aren't very clear.

They've just looked like they've seen better days, and it almost looks like they've been stained by water or cleaning product, and no matter what I do to try and clean them, they always go back to looking pretty stained and not the vibrant black that they were when they were first new.

Is there any way of returning these to their former glory with some kind of cleaning product? Or getting them back to looking like new and has anyone else experienced this over time?

Sorry for what may seem like a silly question. New to this and before I do anything, just want to know if anyone's been in a similar situation or has any experience with a product or doing something to make them look shiny new and black again

Thanks again everyone.
Hope you're all staying well and safe.
Damian

Post #215502618th Jun 2020 8:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >