Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Discovery 5 - L462

18MY
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
J77

Scotland 
18MY

Digital dash now on the HSE model and 2.0 300hp Si4 petrol available. Not available on the builder but listed under HSE spec info, haven't checked other specs.

Had a look at other specs

Incontrol Pro now standard on SE it's also standard on the S Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

2.0 petrol available throughout the range.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green 

Last edited by J77 on 9th Sep 2017 10:17 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #18558529th Sep 2017 10:09 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Next RRS gets at a screen in the steering wheel Shocked

Post #18558549th Sep 2017 10:11 pm
stiff

2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Great....just as I've decided on options and submitting the order for the supercharged the config could change.... Rolling Eyes Think a visit to the dealer is needed...
 MY2008 D3 - It got me hooked...gone
MY2012 D4 - It kept me hooked...gone
MY2007 D3 - Mid-Life crisis toy continues driving me to bankruptcy...
MY2018 "D5" Si6 - But is it a "true" LR...discuss...but now gone
Back in a D4 with a lot of extras.... 

Post #185590010th Sep 2017 8:07 am
Tripe

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

For a model that is roughly 6 months old or in Australia's case 7 weeks old (only available 1 august), this is unprecedented to be upgrading specs on a brand new Disco model.

Obviously the proverbial has hit the fan at LR HQ and LR mission statement to move the D5 into the upper class market (ie: charge sh*tloads more for a discovery) has hit rocky waters.

LR owners are not stupid, if they have to pay more $$$ for a new ride , they will obviously start comparing apples with apples and look at other brands or decide their current car is maybe not to bad after all.

All 2017 HSE and SE D5 owners, now have a superseded product and LR should be offering $$$ cashbacks or equivalent upgrades where possible.

I reckon their will be more upgrades to come to improve sales and it's a waste of time and money buying in the short term.

Post #185622211th Sep 2017 12:06 am
J77

Scotland 

They have bumped the price up though and the same thing happened with the DS, launch with old engines and 6 months later the new engines came onboard.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #185623111th Sep 2017 4:11 am
DiscoStu

England 

Tripe wrote:
Obviously the proverbial has hit the fan at LR HQ and LR mission statement to move the D5 into the upper class market (ie: charge sh*tloads more for a discovery) has hit rocky waters.

A very apt forum name, seeing as they've put the prices up again. I've heard that they are selling as expected, so must be doing something right.
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #185624611th Sep 2017 6:02 am
Russell

United Kingdom 

Tripe wrote:
For a model that is roughly 6 months old or in Australia's case 7 weeks old (only available 1 august), this is unprecedented to be upgrading specs on a brand new Disco model.

LR owners are not stupid, if they have to pay more $$$ for a new ride , they will obviously start comparing apples with apples and look at other brands or decide their current car is maybe not to bad after all.

All 2017 HSE and SE D5 owners, now have a superseded product and LR should be offering $$$ cashbacks or equivalent upgrades where possible.

I reckon their will be more upgrades to come to improve sales and it's a waste of time and money buying in the short term.

You clearly don't like the car so don't buy it.
I have brought one and I like it it ticks all the boxes for me
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #185625011th Sep 2017 6:22 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
robpenrose

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Any styling or new interesting options now available?

Current: D4 HSE
Previous: BMW Z4M Coupe
Previous: Land Rover Defender 90 CSW Td5
Previous: Land Rover Discovery Td5 ES 

Post #185626811th Sep 2017 7:46 am
110CSW

United Kingdom 

I think all of us who have D4s and wanted to buy a D5 before we saw them - but can't accept what LR have done with it - now need to move on. Those who have bought are defending their positions - understandable - and the issues that most of us don't like won't be fixed. No need to go over them but they are too numerous to change and a large auto firm will not deal with them as it implies the initial car was wrong (which it is and they are throwing a load of existing owners away but that decision has been taken) and they can't be seen to do that from a brand perspective.

My mate who sells them tells me that they selling less that the old car did, however, JLR will tell us it is on plan even with lower volumes as the price is higher, they have moved it upmarket, DS is doing well (loads here in rural Scotland), Velar is coming in large etc etc. I hope JLR continues to do well and with such a broad brand offering if probably will. Put simply the big Discovery is not as important to them as it was in '04 when the D3 came out. QED us loyal established customers are also less important hence our collective frustration.

I'm just trying to make sure that I don't dump my D4 too early out of frustration with the brand as it under 50,000 miles and still has a lot to give me. I just need to understand that JLR has moved on from selling to us rural types and is targeting urban, aspirational couples and families, the Evoque was the lead indicator of this. I understand this given the way society is going. Best of luck to them and keep growing British jobs just stop offering me test drives in the D5!
 2014MY Discovery  
Post #185627811th Sep 2017 8:33 am
Grianaig

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Thumbs Up I couldn't have seen it better expressed. My feelings also, as a LR customer of 46 years.
 2014 MY Discovery XS Indus Silver. Sadly gone. Second last LR of forty eight years continuous ownership.  
Post #185628511th Sep 2017 8:52 am
adam

United Kingdom 

Some lower spec D4's were launched with the 2.7 single turbo engine, a few months later it was dropped.

The D3 launch specs were a right dogs dinner of different standard and options fit for a few months

That's what companies do...

I'm seeing more of them every day, back looks odd IMO but horses for courses - if I had a spare £70K knocking about I'd probably get one - but I want to retire in a few years so doesn't make man maths sense

Post #185628811th Sep 2017 9:01 am
110CSW

United Kingdom 

Had an e-mail from Drive the Deal and they are doing 10% off DS and 4% off D5 so JLR cannot be worried despite our views. I suspect D5 volume expectations are lower than with D3/D4 as I said earlier due to the broadness of the range.
 2014MY Discovery  
Post #185631111th Sep 2017 11:17 am
Gazellio

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Car Wow doing 5% off D5.

Post #185631211th Sep 2017 11:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tripe

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

adam wrote:
Some lower spec D4's were launched with the 2.7 single turbo engine, a few months later it was dropped.

The D3 launch specs were a right dogs dinner of different standard and options fit for a few months

That's what companies do...

I'm seeing more of them every day, back looks odd IMO but horses for courses - if I had a spare £70K knocking about I'd probably get one - but I want to retire in a few years so doesn't make man maths sense

if LR change the D5 product offering every 6 months, everyone can have limited run collectors editions

Post #185631611th Sep 2017 11:38 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

110CSW wrote:
Had an e-mail from Drive the Deal and they are doing 10% off DS and 4% off D5 so JLR cannot be worried despite our views. I suspect D5 volume expectations are lower than with D3/D4 as I said earlier due to the broadness of the range.

Thing is .....retail volumes are still very strong month on month across the range in general of which UK sales account for 18.7% ..JLR have a strategy and the D5 , warts and all, has moved position within the overall range and traditional markets are adjusting to that hence the lower sales v 2016 D4.

What is slower to change is our recognition of the strategy and acceptance with the D5 that the D3\4 it ain't ....to satisfy that market, various guises of the forthcoming Defender will take the place of what we consider to be the 4x4 gamechanger that was the original D3.

All IMO of course.

Post #185631911th Sep 2017 11:45 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >