DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

dismantling a plane with 3 small spanners
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

adam wrote:

Roger, Oveur, Victor?

Knock yourself a pro slick. Gray matter back got perform' us' down I take TCBin, man.
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #19715907th Aug 2018 4:06 pm
Grianaig

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

With reference to Barra and not exactly in the same league but a demonstration of versatility. Years ago when the world was young SWMBO and I were touring the north of Scotland and had arrived near Tongue. We stopped for petrol at an out of the way little filling station (?) with one hand operated petrol pump.......well it was 1965. A little old lady of advancing years appeared and filled up the tank with many pulls of the pump handle. I asked if there were any places nearby for a meal. No MacDonalds in those days. “Come away in” says she. We were shown to a table in a tiny little room and she then shortly afterwards produced two delicious ham salad meals, bread and butter and tea. It was a different world then. Smile
 2014 MY Discovery XS Indus Silver. Sadly gone. Second last LR of forty eight years continuous ownership.  
Post #19715937th Aug 2018 4:10 pm
adam

United Kingdom 

Robbie wrote:
adam wrote:

Roger, Oveur, Victor?

Knock yourself a pro slick. Gray matter back got perform' us' down I take TCBin, man.

You speak Jive?

https://movies.stackexchange.com/questions...e-dialogue

Post #19715987th Aug 2018 4:17 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Grianaig wrote:
With reference to Barra and not exactly in the same league but a demonstration of versatility. Years ago when the world was young SWMBO and I were touring the north of Scotland and had arrived near Tongue. We stopped for petrol at an out of the way little filling station (?) with one hand operated petrol pump.......well it was 1965. A little old lady of advancing years appeared and filled up the tank with many pulls of the pump handle. I asked if there were any places nearby for a meal. No MacDonalds in those days. “Come away in” says she. We were shown to a table in a tiny little room and she then shortly afterwards produced two delicious ham salad meals, bread and butter and tea. It was a different world then. Smile

I was 3 then. Shocked Shocked

Or is that

I was 3 then. Big Cry Big Cry

Post #19715997th Aug 2018 4:18 pm
adam

United Kingdom 

Post #19716027th Aug 2018 4:20 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

A group of lads here went on a stag do recently ('only' to Ireland) and one of them had lost his passport, leaving it to the last second before looking, so took his dads passport instead. Made it there and back without any issues whatsoever Shocked

[Ryanair - so apparently cannot use driving licence for that route, didn't even know you could do that]

Post #19717548th Aug 2018 7:21 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

When flying SqueezyJet on domestic routes I’m usually the only person that uses a driver’s license for ID, no way do I want to have to have my passport with me just in case I need to fly somewhere in the UK.

Post #19717678th Aug 2018 7:41 am
Browny90

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

DSL wrote:
Grianaig wrote:

I was 3 then. Shocked Shocked

Or is that

I was 3 then. Big Cry Big Cry

It was 20 years before I was born Shocked

or is that..

(' )~~~

Laughing
 Disco4 MY16 SDV6 Landmark Black
Disco4 MY12 SDV6 XS Orkney Grey (Gone)
Defender 90 200tdi Completely rebuilt. 

Post #19718028th Aug 2018 8:38 am
adam

United Kingdom 

DSL wrote:
When flying SqueezyJet on domestic routes I’m usually the only person that uses a driver’s license for ID, no way do I want to have to have my passport with me just in case I need to fly somewhere in the UK.

Only reason I got the photo ID licence - I used to fly internally on a weekly basis a couple of years ago

Post #19718038th Aug 2018 8:42 am
Browny90

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

astonbuilder wrote:
A group of lads here went on a stag do recently ('only' to Ireland) and one of them had lost his passport, leaving it to the last second before looking, so took his dads passport instead. Made it there and back without any issues whatsoever Shocked

[Ryanair - so apparently cannot use driving licence for that route, didn't even know you could do that]

I flew to Dublin (Albeit 15 years ago) on my licence, Maybe things have changed..

There was an issue though, My licence was with the DVLA having my HGV stuff put on, I tipped up at the airport with some poor ID and they wouldn't let me fly, so I shipped my Girlfriend off in the plane (she was going there for work, I was just tagging along).

I got home to find an envelope with my new licence Rolling Eyes

So promptly called the airline who kindly didn't charge me for another flight so headed back to the airport and surprised the GF in Dublin
 Disco4 MY16 SDV6 Landmark Black
Disco4 MY12 SDV6 XS Orkney Grey (Gone)
Defender 90 200tdi Completely rebuilt. 

Post #19718068th Aug 2018 8:46 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >