Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Dreaded suspension fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
bronjen

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Dreaded suspension fault

Hi could do with advise, 6 months had suspension light and fault finding pointed to the compressor, changed out for a new one which worked fine, after a few weeks noticed that after a drive with three young children in the rear when stopped and engine runing, opening any of the doors except driver door the suspension would drop on the rear only, then when driving off amber light would show suspension would raise to normal height but light stays on dash till I switch off engine.
when next starting car light would not be on and drive as normal till rear doors open.
Today rear door open suspension drops to bump stops both front and rear, compressor kicks in then stops, amber light is on and dash reads suspension fault.
Question of the day, as am away from home
Is there any way I can use a battery pack to put 12 volts direct to the compressor to charge the air tank to raise suspension to normal height then disable the sensors or any electrical connectors so it doesn't drop the suspension back down onto the bump stops so I can get home and then to my local independent dealer to repair?
Thanks in advance Big Cry

Post #22905096th May 2022 12:24 pm
KevinD3

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Try pulling the suspension fuse once you’ve got it to height. If it’s a sensor issue then that’ll stop it changing it’s mind. I think it’s fuse 35 but check, I know guys pull the fuse when working under the car to stop the self levelling from flattening them Smile
 2008 HSE Stornoway Grey

My Wife thinks the D3 is a hobby, The D3 thinks the wife is 💕 

Post #22905286th May 2022 3:48 pm
bronjen

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

ok many thanks will go out and try that now Thumbs Up

Post #22905296th May 2022 3:54 pm
Globetrotter448

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

You can remove the relay in the battery compartment and then jumper the two large slots and the compressor will run. If it does not run check the 60/70 amp fuse near the relay. Don't run it too long at a time, just rest it and do it again so you do not cook motor.

Post #229118311th May 2022 8:59 am
bronjen

Thanks for the advise, how do I override the electric valves to allow the air into the suspension struts or is it if i can fill the reservoir as you suggested will that air automatically fill the suspension struts Whistle

Post #229118411th May 2022 9:05 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >