DISCO4.COM > General

Drivers Seat - Height adjustment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ferrett

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4
Drivers Seat - Height adjustment

Sorry if this has been covered before.

Test drove the D3 at the weekend and was really impressed, even the wife commented how easy it was to drive and was not as "boxy" as it seemed from the passenger seat. However, it was only a 5 seat base as the dealer is shifting them as quick as they arrive and had nothing else to test that wasn't already sold.

I found the seating comfortable as did the wife apart from the driver’s seat. Her being short she needs to raise the height but found that the rear of the seat rises higher than the front giving the feeling of being tipped forward.

Is this the same on the S variant?

I notice from the handbook, that I downloaded, that the electric seat adjustment on the SE allows you to raise the back and front of the seat base separately - is this correct?

Does anyone know if you can order the following combinations 1) electric seats on the S. 2) leather and electric on the S or are they only available on the SE and HSE?

I appreciate that spending cash on leather seats in the S pushes the price closer to the SE which may end up what I go for.

Thanks for your help.

Post #413096th Feb 2006 9:15 pm
al cope

England 

Look and do a search on S spec seats! They dont adjust from the front, and I find mine uncomfortable. It does depend on your size, as some find them OK.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #413166th Feb 2006 9:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
vito

Same tilting feeling when changing the seat height.
The other problem I noticed with manual regulation is when I get out of the car my leg invariably push the button down lowering the seat. This makes impossible to maintain a constant regulation of seat height Confused .

Vito

Post #413226th Feb 2006 10:41 pm
BN

England 

ferret, you cannot. I brought this issue up in March and I have a letter from LR who were prepared to alter the seat at their expense for me. However it was never done as my vehicle died before it could be. However, I am told that the latest vehicle between the base and S now have a pad inserted into the front sqaub, so was the one you drove a brand new one or an old MY05 ?

If you want a seat altered contact Exmoor Trim, they were going to carry out the mod and have all the drawings from LR to do it.

Post #413296th Feb 2006 11:20 pm
SN

As a short guy (5'3" in oldmoney) I found the S Seat no problem whatsover on the test drive - of course it remains to be seen how well the 06 S Seat performs from Saturday onwards but I will report back (from the perspective of someone who is less than average height)
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #413487th Feb 2006 1:56 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >