Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

ECU Remap
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
TazDaz

United Kingdom 
ECU Remap

First, my apologies if this subject has been visited (or flogged to death) many times before but I will be getting a D3 in a week or two and one thing that interests me is the ECU remapping offered by many companies (via search on Interweb)
From this forum I gather there are probably a few recommended (turbochip, torq-tune, je engineering ...) and many of you have had this remap performed.
The questions I have:
- is there really any performance difference between any of the companies offering this ? (most seem to report exactly the same gain in HP and torque)
- have any D3 owners ever done any comparitive tests ? (I don't appear to see much written on this - or maybe my searching is naff)
- are these all 'stock' remaps or do any actually tailor these specifically ?
- do LR dealers offer these performance remaps themselves ?

I hope the following does not break any forum rules - if it does, would the mod. please delete the following :
- I've noticed the prices for these are pretty similar but I just found this 50% discount offer on this website
http://www.jeengineering.co.uk/index.htm - "FOR ONE MONTH ONLY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR 50% OFF STAGE 1 DIESEL TUNE PRICES!! SEE OUR AD IN LRO JUNE 2007. OFFER APPLIES 01.06.07 - 30.06.07 ONLY. "
Is this Stage 1 tune the correct one for a D3?
Can this be the best deal around at the moment ?

Post #15692713th May 2007 8:39 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Welcome to the site TazDaz Thumbs Up

- performance increases are similar though as no two engines are exactly the same they can differ
- no real comparative tests so far (though there have been a few non scientific ones), very hard to do as driving styles and vehicle loadings can differs so much, maybe one day it'll be done
- Torq-tune can offer tailored remaps
- some dealers do and load the prices accordingly

Yes it's the right tune for a D3 (there is no Stage 2 currently) and that's a damn good offer from JE! (as they're a site sponsor no rules broken)
 The End  
Post #15693813th May 2007 9:38 pm
TazDaz

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the info. Slimer
I've spent a couple of evenings reading all the various posts on the subject I can find here and in the RRSport forum. There's certainly a lot of competition for the remaps, however, as you say, they are (well, to me) pretty much of a muchness with very similar outcomes. I think I'll go for the JE Engineering one (mainly because of their 50% offer - I'm a tight s*d) Should be picking up the D3 next Saturday Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy then take it for a 200 mile drive home !

On another note - I have to congratulate Martin for the creation of the board(s) and also a big THANKS to all those who regularly contribute. There is a huge amount of good information and well thought out advice on them.

Post #15919019th May 2007 5:54 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Welcome to the site TazDaz. Glad you like it Thumbs Up

TazDaz wrote:
There is a huge amount of good information and well thought out advice on them.

You forgot DG's posts Wink

You live pretty local - we'll have to compare tunes at some stage Smile
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #15923419th May 2007 8:01 pm
C6REW

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Whilst I have not had the D3 chipped, I did have my 04 TD5 chipped. The difference was staggering, offering about 23% more power and smoother auto box changes.

The car went from being a pain with continual changing of gears to being as smooth as a TD5 can get. I guess the D3 would be worth doing if you need more performance and I understand from other threads, no delay on take off with the auto!

Regards

Chris

Post #16136725th May 2007 12:38 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >