Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

elddis, bailey or swift
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Biffysun wrote:
Can only speak from personal experience Confused

I say again, this is my experience and I won't buy another Swift - I'm sure others have had great vans but mines is a dud Big Cry

Anyone want to buy it??? Mr. Green Wink Thumbs Up

We have a Swift for acommodation at shows. Third time out was at the Caravan Show at the NEC where we were assisting on the Boab stand. Spend a lot of time on the Swift stand trying to sort out problems. Lets say 18 months later still have problems with it. It would be easier to say what is right with it then what is wrong.

Lets say we have (quickly touches wood) no problems with running gear. Electrics yes, oven yes, fire yes, microwave falling out, blinds, trim, shower door, toilet all had problems.

Dickinson who are Swift main dealers, do we trust them to fix the problems Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter . Come back from the second service with gas leaks, i.e. you can NOT trust them to do the basic safety checks. August bank holiday they ordered a replacement shower door. They have had it for 4 weeks but can not fit it for another two weeks!

Swift and their dealers?? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Enough said Whistle

Brendan

Post #99286422nd Oct 2012 7:07 pm
Cellerdweller

England 

Hi we had a elddis superstorm from new and had no problems with it the build quality was good and it towed very well .we only sold it as we both got made redundant and the toys had to go . We have just bought an elddis avante 626 and this is just as good as the superstore but lacks a little in the luxury department but we have found the layout suits us better now that our kids are getting older and growing . It comes down to personal choice and what works for u however I would not hesitate in buying another elddis .

Post #99296222nd Oct 2012 8:51 pm
subaru60

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

does anyone know of insurace company that insures the hobby caravan as a lot wont touch it the bailey i had was better than the swift i got but less luxerys

Post #99297622nd Oct 2012 9:03 pm
hughesy

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Only just bought our first caravan this year and it was completley based on layout tbh, but we love our bailey olympus.
subuu60 why wont they insure a hobby Question

Post #99512327th Oct 2012 10:10 pm
mark the spark

2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

hughesy wrote:
Only just bought our first caravan this year and it was completley based on layout tbh, but we love our bailey olympus.
. Because they will assume your a Censored or it will soon be in the possesion of one Whistle . Re the elddis recomendation ive had an eldiss super scirocco for 18 months with no problemns but dont feel its as well made as my previous older abbey but they are all getting flimsier now . Go for a twin axle as the extra space and stability is superb and the disco is the perfect tow car for one .but ultimately the layout should decide .all the uk vans are much the same although the baileys do seem very popular now so that could be a reason to buy one or a reason not too . MY05 SE D3 Manual my first LR what a car
MY10 HSE D4 auto
MY14 XXV more buttons than the spaceshuttle 

Post #99515328th Oct 2012 6:27 am
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

subaru60 wrote:
does anyone know of insurace company that insures the hobby caravan .....................

NFU Thumbs Up
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #99522728th Oct 2012 1:26 pm
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

mark the spark wrote:
hughesy wrote:

*Because they will assume your a Censored or it will soon be in the possesion of one Whistle
Re the elddis recomendation ive had an eldiss super scirocco for 18 months with no problemns but dont feel its as well made as my previous older abbey but they are all getting flimsier now . Go for a twin axle as the extra space and stability is superb and the disco is the perfect tow car for one .but ultimately the layout should decide .all the uk vans are much the same although the baileys do seem very popular now so that could be a reason to buy one or a reason not too .

*Not correct, they are one of the most sought after models for living in summer and winter, better build quality, have better lay out than UK 'vans and the most desirable for the pikeys (they always have the best, how they come by them is a different matter) consequently they can get stolen and insurance company's don't take risks, they only like to take your money.
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #99523028th Oct 2012 1:47 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >