Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

EPB Motor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
EPB Motor

Hello people much more clued up than I. I have an EPB problem which makes a horrid screatching noise usually only when i take the key out from the ignition - it usually doesnt do it when I activate the EPB. I have just returned from a friends garage who had it up on a ramp and the noise appears to be coming from the big motor unit that works the EPB. On the times when it does not squeal it clunks badly. Does this motor fail, am I talking poo and more to the point has anyone bought a new one £££ ?. Many thanks in advance. Nigel.

Post #5145852nd Sep 2009 7:51 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

best bet is to go to http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/search.php and type +epb +screamer and see what happens, by no means an unknown problem Whistle , in fact welcome to the club Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #5145882nd Sep 2009 7:53 pm
JPW

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Hi 3001,

I had exactly the same issues until last Monday - It's the EPB that needs adjusting.

I adjusted it myself on Monday aftenoon using the instructions at http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use..._Brake.zip (cheersBodsy) Thumbs Up and some excellent phone guidance from TFC Thumbs Up

Information I found useful / discovered include - you need a 32mm socket to turn the hub; not all torque wrenches work in the anti-clockwise direction (you need to turn the wheels only in the direction of travel); remove Fuse 8 (in the battery fuse box) whilst doing the adjustment in order to disable the EPB and re-set it.

There is a load of other information on the site about this issue try http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic25409.html as a start

I hope that this helps.

JPW

Post #5146382nd Sep 2009 9:25 pm

Yes it most certainly does help - I will be passing all this to my garage buddy who will sort it for me. Many thanks, for a moment i thought it could be very expensive - and now I have said that it probably will be.

Post #5146682nd Sep 2009 10:39 pm

All sorted and working perfectly. Needed cleaning and adjusting as described above, thanks to all who helped and my friends garage in Wragby for doing the work at very short notice. Can't advertise them i know but anyone in Lincolnshire who needs any work done of any nature pm me. Nigel.

Post #5151473rd Sep 2009 10:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >