Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Eureka - This May Be The Answer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
BN

England 

ducati wrote:
My dealer checked the drains and they were all clear. They are stumped. Is it possible it is forming on the outside of the plumbing, thus not getting "drained" properly? Just a guess.

It is a bit odd. If the drains have been checked the condensation should not flood the foot well. Is the car keeping its engine water level OK?

Is the fluid clear or yellow colour of anti freeze?

Does the fluid smell?

Post #1241116th Aug 2005 8:51 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

This does sound remarkably similar to the problem my old D2 had with its air con.

Whilst the drain tubes may be clear, they will have some sort of one way flap valve to stop water getting in when deep wading. On the D2 it was in the form of a tapered end to the drain, which had a split in it to let water out but not in. Except that the rubber was sticky and it stuck the sides of the split together and water could not drain.

I used to get a sudden gush of hot water on my left leg (right hand drive) when I turned left after a long run. It would only happen when I drove a long way, stopped for a while (maybe to refuel) and then set off again. The air con probably gets covered in a thin layer of frost which melts when the engine is switched off.

I completely cured it by removing the tapered drain tubes, and cutting a hole in the end. You would have to wade very deep to have any chance of water ingress.

Maybe the D3 is not the same, but it sure sounds familiar.

Post #1248616th Aug 2005 10:01 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Are you sure it isn't a leak from a faulty heater manifold?

Post #1252717th Aug 2005 12:14 am
freeflytim

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Mine drips every now and then. No pattern.

ducati wrote:
My dealer checked the drains and they were all clear. They are stumped. Is it possible it is forming on the outside of the plumbing, thus not getting "drained" properly? Just a guess.
 Wa Hoo
-Tim
Chattanooga Tennessee USA
D3 V8HSE7HD
D1 kitted trail truck.
A Hummer is just a Hummer. A Land Rover goes all the way. 

Post #1254117th Aug 2005 1:47 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ducati

BN wrote:
ducati wrote:

It is a bit odd. If the drains have been checked the condensation should not flood the foot well. Is the car keeping its engine water level OK?

Is the fluid clear or yellow colour of anti freeze?

Does the fluid smell?

Just a minor clarification: this isn't a "flood" of water, just drips. More like spurts, really, and I can determine no pattern other than it usually happens after driving very long distances with the AC on, and when it happens it is in isolation (that is, it won't happen again for a very long time). It once happened on a short drive, as well.

The only reason I'm noticing this lately, I think, is I have been onl holiday and wearing flipflops. With regular shoes, you wouldn't notice it as there's not much water coming out.

The fluid is clear, has felt both cool and warm, and does not have any odor. I do believe it is H20.

Gareth: I will ask my tech next time I have it in. This does sound very similar.
 '05 LR3 HSE

Departed: '62 Series IIA, '02 Freelander, '03 Disco 

Post #1260417th Aug 2005 12:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >