DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

Expecting Disco 3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
erincushla

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Rimini RedDiscovery 3
Expecting Disco 3

Hi
I am selling my X type 2.0D S 2005 and picking up a disco 3 on saturday. Is this a sensible move?
I had a disco from 94 until 2003 then made the mistake of buying a ML270 auto, year 2000.

Nigel
 Nigel Hamilton  
Post #451581st Mar 2006 11:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Sensible? its inspired 8) usual rules apply - practice perma grin, and prepare to be amazed.

Post #451591st Mar 2006 11:24 pm
erincushla

Anticipating getting Disco 3

Gareth
I am encouraged by those remarks. Re your photo weather looks pretty drastic in Very Happy Bramhall Cheshire. Very Happy
 Nigel Hamilton  
Post #451772nd Mar 2006 9:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Not sure about the weather at home, I am currently in Stirling in Scotland, no snow, bright sunshine here. Don't know what all the fuss is about.

Post #451792nd Mar 2006 9:30 am
JMC

Scotland 

Quote:
no snow, bright sunshine here. Don't know what all the fuss is about.

If you have the time, I am about 100 miles NE of Stirling. Get yourself up here and I will show you loads of (main) roads where your D3 isn't going to get through becuase of snow. The mountains don't start until you leave Stirling and head North. The central belt of Scotland is for freeloaders and nancy boys!! 8)

Post #451822nd Mar 2006 9:55 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

What do I know, I',m just a sassenach Wink

Back home in Bramhall now, very cold, but a little dusting of snow!

Post #452882nd Mar 2006 6:43 pm
erincushla

Re: Anticipating getting Disco 3

erincushla wrote:
Gareth
I am encouraged by those remarks. Re your photo weather looks pretty drastic in Very Happy Bramhall Cheshire. Very Happy
 Nigel Hamilton  
Post #459136th Mar 2006 2:38 pm
jollybodger

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi Erincushla, what part of the province are you from?
I use to knock (expcuse the pun!) about Belfast.
Very Happy

Post #459616th Mar 2006 6:15 pm
erincushla

Hi bodger

Ards Comber area 12 miles Belfast
 Nigel Hamilton  
Post #460747th Mar 2006 12:23 am
jollybodger

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I use to live in Belfast until leaving school (Inst) before heading off to University. Haven't been back for ages, threatening the family wit a grand tour this Summer. Have fond memories of a pub known as Daft Eddies down near Strangord.
Very Happy

Post #461707th Mar 2006 2:05 pm
erincushla

Jolly bodger

Ah yes the pub bistro on the island. Daft Eddie was a 17th century smuggler from the area and he used to evade the Excise men by pretending to be one brick short of a full load. It worked and he was never caught. So somebody called the pub on the island at whiterock killinchy Daft Eddy's.

I was there on Saturday afternoon in new Disco. There was yacht racing going on at Whiterock Sailing Club. Sunny but bracing. Oddly the previous night there was snow.
 Nigel Hamilton  
Post #461847th Mar 2006 3:21 pm
erincushla

Expecting Disco 3

Dealer Hurst managed to deliver a day early. Woke up on Saturday to find Disco covered in snow which was apt.
Rimini Red with black cloth looks very well on Disco 3. They also had it on a Range Rover Sport but too much dosh, I would if I could!! Disco has been going 100% and she is lovely to drive. What a view up there particularly after driving a X Type. Cabin is so spacious and airy. Irish setter was a bit apprehensive on a Saturday drive down to Whiterock sailing club Strangford Lough. She soon got used to it then discovered when stopped overlooking Strangford that due to the unusual shape of the 2 rear doors she can get a great view out the back.
Engine and pulling power feel tremendous. I also enjoy the coil springs so dont have a problem with those. I wondered if having not purchased air suspension it would be a mistake. The cheaper 5 seat version suits me fine. The cloth upholstery and interior dash etc are great quality. I will really enjoy this Disco. As I said earlier I had a 94 disco which sold in 2003. Had very very few complaints with it despite the bad press it got.
 Nigel Hamilton  
Post #461887th Mar 2006 3:28 pm
randalls

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Nothing wrong with a late model D2 - still plenty about - it just does not fit the Media vision of a chelsea set 4x4 which LR have gone for in the D3. If I was not changing the D3 after the 3 years warranty period I would not go near one & would keep the D2. In 3 years & 70,000 miles my D2 had 1 diesel leak & I never have mastered the rear windscreen wiper which seems to have a mind of its own. Apart from that 100% reliable up muddy tracks, kept outside in the NE winters & hammered down the motorway & used to recover RIB's out of the sea, up shingle beaches etc.. Interesting to see how the D3 stands up to that for 3 years.
 Bow downSheep 2007 TDV6 HSE 'Silver Lady'. With 'free' privacy glass LOL.
Taking the greenpi$$ is: Green taxing your citizens more & using some of the money to buy nukes.Bow downSheep 

Post #4691511th Mar 2006 1:04 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >