Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Factory fitted Bluetooth Telephone integration
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Biggles

Big Al,
I know what you are saying about your problems just posted to let you know how other people are (not to unhappy) and have settled on a compromise rather than spend all day driving with thier mobiles stuck to thier ears.
I must agree with you about Land Rover customer relations though, Its never been very good and is the main reason I sold my old P38 Rangie.

Post #238415th Apr 2005 11:27 am
Ecosse

Biggles wrote:
Both these cars came without out PTI integration with the promise of retro fit when available.
Both vehicles now have access to the touchpad for dialling numbers and have now got the buttons fitted to the steering wheel for ending and accepting calls. The only draw back to the retro fit is the lack of cradleing which means they cannot charge thier phones except by using a plug in cigarrete socket.

Biggles - when were these fitted?, as up to recently the retro-fit did not integrate with the keypad etc on the radio system. Also, are we talking UK cars? (BTW it helps us all if members locations are posted Wink )

Post #238815th Apr 2005 11:37 am
Pelyma

England 

Sounds interesting, I'm not so worried about a cradle, but if I'm going to fork out a tidy sum it needs to wrk properly 8)
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #239015th Apr 2005 12:14 pm
Biggles

Sorry guys I may have mislead you slightly (doing to many things at once).
The phones do not have keypad integration but do have voice activation. None of the numbers dialled or recieved can be seen on the touchpad screen and it is with this that they are most unhappy with. Cost of fitting at the Land Rover Dealer was £500.00 each, it does mute the stereo and voice activation works very well.
Sorry for misleading with my original post but was half way doing something else and posted without checking full details.

Post #239915th Apr 2005 12:41 pm
BN

England 

I have just ordered the Parrot (no puns Pelyma) CK3300 at £175 with GPS sat nav aerial. Works with radio and bluetooth, but as I use PDA's for nav in various cars I decided to add that. £100 fitted by LR dealer, total of £275 for handfree with lots of extra's and Sat Nav, not bad. I have used a base version (CK3000) in the LR110's and it took me about 15 mins to fit. They cost me £75. As soon as you enter the car it latches onto the phone even if the radio is off. The base model can take 3 phones the better version 5 or 6 I think. The web is www.parrot.com

Post #240115th Apr 2005 12:53 pm
Pelyma

England 

BN, that link seems to just bring up bird feed and vets. I thought about asking the vets is they knew about FBH and hands free, but decided against it! Does this mean you have to have a little lcd stuck on the dash? Any piccis?

Post #240315th Apr 2005 2:13 pm
BN

England 

Silly me, it is www.driveblue.com they can be purchased from a company in Birmingham. I will find the details.

Post #240715th Apr 2005 3:41 pm
gasdoc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
Factory fit PTI

I took delivery of my HSE on friday with the factory fit PTI . I had told the sales rep about the bluetooth pairing not being 0000 previously as per previous posts on this forum. On handover I was informed that my car was fitted with the "upgraded cradle system" that was so good it did not need bluetooth "this is the next generation" he said!!

The car has the roof fin and a cradle mount in the centre cubby.

I could not be bothered to argue and was in a hurry. When I got it home I did a bluetooth search with my phone which discovered a device called LANDROVER. I could not pair with 0000 and the dealer then suggested I try #0000#

I have found that only numerical values are valid. I have left them to try and find out what code I need to enter. They are obviously technologically limited in their understanding and training but keen to sort out the issue. Otherwise the car has been great so far.

Post #249418th Apr 2005 5:22 pm
DiscoMad

Congrats on the car !

A system better than Bluetooth - now there is a thing Smile

What phones is the cradle compatible with ? and did you have to specify this part ?

Thanks

Post #249518th Apr 2005 5:29 pm
DiscoMad

According to the service manual from the GTR site, the 4 digit pairing code is marked on the side of the transciever module that is located in the rear RH quarter of the luggage compartmment - maybe behind one of those covers ? It is the last four characters of the serial number and should be on dealer documentation !!!

Post #249618th Apr 2005 5:35 pm
jperalta

Bluetooth PTI

Hi again,
When I received my car last month with the factory integrated bluetooth system I also had to through the whole "reference number on the side of the something or other module module..." process. Having searcheds everywhere for the piece in question the dealer came to the conclusion that it probably was in the roof headliner!. I refused to let them take the car apart and searching through a new Range Rover manual the dealer found the number. It is 2121. Well, at least it works with mine.

Other points to note:

1) When in the cradle, the phone charges, has better reception and you can dial via the console keypad or using voice recognition (i.e., just dictate the number). You can also search for the numbers in your phone memory using the steering wheel "up and down" buttons. The information appearing on the Radio diaplay is:Name or number of the call being received and well as reception strength bars. When searching for a number to dial, the information appears in both the radio screen and the driver's information display.
2) When not in the cradle, the the phone works purely in Blueetoth mode. The car automatically detects and pairs the phone up when you get in. You can still dial using the console keypad and the only information present on the radio screen is th number you dial or you are being dialled from.
3) I have had some complaints of "echoes" in the conversation when I am talking to people. It is not always and when it happens it tends to correct itself during the conversation.

I hope the above helps.
 Pepe  
Post #271522nd Apr 2005 9:52 am
cmyers_uk

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Took delivery today with factory fitted phone kit. Havent purchased the cradle yet but the bluetooth setup is excellent and works really well with no problems. Took 2 mins to setup the phone and start making / receiving calls through the audio setup. Phone is a Nokia 6810. Well worth the money. I will be purchasing the cradle when I decide which phone to go with it. Chatting with the dealer they have had problems with the cradle side of things but im hopeful.

As per pepe, call can be a bit echoy at times , but the same as friends X5 , wondering if its just part of having the microphone in a large space?

Post #272822nd Apr 2005 4:10 pm
Pelyma

England 

cmyers, that's great news that it's being sorted now - I'm very jealous Razz

Post #272922nd Apr 2005 5:00 pm
cmyers_uk

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Just got the voice dialling working , which with my awful bristolian accent is quite a surprise. I really want a cradle now but hadnt budgeted for having to change the phone and mine isnt on the approved list.

Post #275023rd Apr 2005 6:24 am
DiscoMad

One more question.... these late delivery HSE spec vehicles with factory PTI, do you still have the Cabin Pre-Heat option in the Settings menu ??

Post #275823rd Apr 2005 1:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >