Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Factory fitted Bluetooth Telephone integration
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
DiscoMad

Factory fitted Bluetooth Telephone integration

I just wondered if anyone has taken delivery of a vehicle with this factory fitted option yet ?? Was in build from March.....

Post #18826th Apr 2005 9:44 am
MC1903

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Not yet...

.... but my dealer has given me a list of 'supported' phones (correct as of 4th April).........

Nokia 3650 / 3660
Nokia 6230
Nokia 6310 / 6310i (See Note #1)
Nokia 6600 (See Note #2)
Nokia 6650
Nokia 6820
Nokia 7600
Nokia 8910 / 8910i
Siemens S55
Sony Ericsson T610
Sony Ericsson T630
Motorola V525

Note #1 - Software version 5.05 or higher is needed
Note #2 - Software version 4.08 or higher is needed

And in order for it to work properly you will need a cradle (LR specific - of course)! They are between £80 & £100 depending on phone manufacturer.

Mine was ordered in early March and is 'scheduled' to arrive in late June.

Martin

Post #19036th Apr 2005 9:38 pm
DiscoMad

The cradle will be needed to connect the external antenna, charge the phone and extra functions (inc SMS I think), but Bluetooth will still work without the cradle.

Post #19177th Apr 2005 7:38 am
jperalta

Bluetooth

Hi,

I am new on the forum and took delivery of a D3 SE Diesel Auto on March 23.

According to my dealer, mine was the first UK vehicle with the new Bluetooth Integrated Phone System. Here are some observations:

1) It works.
2) Initially I couldn't pair the phone to the car because the dealer didn't know the PIN code. And...no, it isn't 0000.
3) Once paired the car detects that the phone is nearby and automatically pairs everytime. This means that on short trips you don't have to remove the phone from your pocket to enjoy the funcationality.
4) In addition, you can place the phone on the cradle inside the cubbyhole between the front seats. This charges the phone, gives you access to your phone address book phone numbers as well as last dialled number etc...
5) You can also make calls using the voice recognition system. You can actually dictate the number to dial and it recognises it fairly well.
6) On the negative side, the kit cam with no owner's handbook and no PIN number, so using it is still a case of trial and error.
7) If it has SMS functionality, I haven't been able to access it yet.

I hope the above helps.

Great site!
[/list]
 Pepe  
Post #209511th Apr 2005 2:55 pm
Big Al

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Excellent news jperalta,

Now we just need to get LR to provide this kit to the dealers.

Can you tell us whether the kit you have, also has to roof mounted ariel? ie: big black dome with a fin just before the tailgate on the roof.

I've been waiting, like most others, an eternity for this to become available. Did you have to specify what cradle type you required?

Let's hope at long last the LR, and not necessarily Nokia, since they've been stating that it's down to LR, that we can all get this retro-fitted.

Many thanks for the information, and I look forward to finding out whether you've also got a roof ariel.

Allan Smile

Post #209711th Apr 2005 3:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Big Al

Ooops sorry Pepe,

I didnt see your name and used your nickname,

Smile

Post #209811th Apr 2005 3:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jperalta

Bluetooth

Yes, the kit includes the "fin" aerial on the roof. It is quite big BTW.
Initially the Kit came without the cradle, which meant that for the first week I could only use it as a standard bluetooth set up. I had to order the cradle separately and it is phone specific. Nokia 6230 in my case.

Regards
 Pepe  
Post #209911th Apr 2005 3:29 pm
DiscoMad

Well, there is a thing !
Congrats Pepe ! nice to hear it works !

Is there a list of cradles for the Disco3 or are they the same as the RR ?
I take it that this costs more ??

Allan, it will be interesting to see if this (factory fitted option) materialises as a 'dealer fit kit' ??

R

Post #210011th Apr 2005 3:49 pm
Ecosse

What degree of integration does it have with the radio keypad - ie can you use the phone button on the radio & does the numeric keypad allow dialing of numbers - also does either the radio display or the dash lcd show any info eg number dialed incoming caller ID etc. Thanks

Post #210411th Apr 2005 5:57 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Anyone have an idea of the price it fitted by the dealer ?

cheers,

-s

Post #210611th Apr 2005 7:06 pm
Big Al

Thanks Pepe you're a star, and at last we have the amunition to approach LR and the dealers. DiscoMad I actually bought this when I purchased the car, and then it disappeared since LR couldn't provide the factory fitted phone kit, and mentioned that there would be a delay until after Christmas. However due to delays etc..., and my car was built on my birthday 18th Nov, I didn't receive it until Jan 10th, and it's taken this long!!! Sad for LR to get their finger out and provide the integrated phone system!!!

I had worried that the fully integrated phone system would just be dropped, as all current D3 literature does not show the sharks fin ariel, however recently and I was checking out the LR America website which provides substancially more information, there it was the sharks fin.

I will be pressing my dealer, and if they cannot get a satisfactory response, although they have been exceptionally good to me, I will push LR directly. I know a fair few people in senior management at LR, as I used to work at Gaydon, however it's bad grace to contact them direct unless the normal food chain stagnates.

I live by the phone in my car, and have purchased a stick on handsfree unit, which is powered by the 12V outlet, however it was always my intention to have the full PTI car kit, which is why I purchased it when I ordered my car. How my dealer, or LR provide it now I dont care, but this is somethign that I need and have purchased.

Another note, was when the D3 was released there was a double page brochuse which has since been superceded by a big and bright glossy brochure, however the original 2 page brochure has a differnt part no to that in the new brochure, which led me to believe that they'd dropped it. Thank god they haven't, although certainly a longer than anticipated wait.

I will advise once I have more details from my dealer and if required directly from LR. Smile

Post #210811th Apr 2005 8:16 pm
DiscoMad

Hi Allan,

Very similar to me -- Deposit placed in August 04 for an HSE with PTI -- I only accepted the car in December because they couldnt give me a realistic date for the factory fitted option.
Personally I wouldnt accept the standard dealer fit at the price because it doesnt integrate. I do wish you luck with getting this 'new' variant fitted as a dealer fit !

So did you pay for the option ?? You see they didn't charge me the £350....
As far as I know it has never disappeared, and back in November LR customer services told me it would be in 'second build' due March 05.

Good Luck.
R

Post #211511th Apr 2005 9:03 pm
Biggles

New to the forum, I have been viewing in the background for many weeks now and even though I do not own a Disco 3 ( have an order in for a RRS 4.2 SC ). I thought some of you may like to know the following.

I know two people who both purchased thier Disco 3 at the same time from the same dealer. Both these cars came without out PTI integration with the promise of retro fit when available.
This became a longer more drawn out process than was originally intended, but inthe past three weeks both vehicles have been retro fitted with the bluetooth integration. Both vehicles now have access to the touchpad for dialling numbers and have now got the buttons fitted to the steering wheel for ending and accepting calls. The only draw back to the retro fit is the lack of cradleing which means they cannot charge thier phones except by using a plug in cigarrete socket.
I speak to both thse people and even though the fittment was expensive they are both very happy wih the final outcome.
On a side note niether of the two Disco 3 have had any of the problems reported on this forum and are in constant daily use both on and of road.
Two very happy owners.

Post #237915th Apr 2005 10:54 am
Big Al

Hi Biggles,

I know that the dealers can retro-fit the PTI in the manner that you describe BUT that was not, and is not, the PTI that was "sold" to us early D3 owners. I particularly require the cradle mount, and ariel, since bluetooth connectivity is not an assured connectivty, this is the only time my phone ever gets charged as I'm out on the road a lot, plus would prefer to have the external ariel pod, such that I'm not getting eradiated and get better reception than I do just having my phone "somewhere" in the car.

I undertstand that the lastest non-cradled PTI does not integrate to the infotaintment centre, has the voice prompts/dialliing capabilities, but since LR screwed up the release of the full PTI which I bought I expect them to deliver this. They initally stated that they could retro-fit it "early" in the new year, but this is April!!!! LR need to get their finger out, it is wholly unsatifactory the solution they offer at present and I'm asked my dealer to progress it. If they have no luck I will be furthering this complaint directly to LR, and I used to work for them and have contacts upon high, which at present I feel should need to be contacted, after all it's bad grace to buck the system, but at this rate the LR CS "minions" need a damn good kicking!!! and should be shot (as opposed to being fired - so that they cannot impose their imbicility in another customer focussed role)
Surely Ford as LR owner must understand that they do LR and the whole Ford image a big dis-service, especially when Ford and the entire PAG are pushing quality!!! Cusomter satisfaction is key to their survival and good vibes being passed by word of mouth of satisfied LR owners. Evil or Very Mad

Post #238015th Apr 2005 11:12 am
Phil B

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Any idea how expensive? I have an HSE so it has the keypad and the voice control already in, plus the mini-fin for the satNav on the roof so I'm not sure how much more stuff I'd need to buy to get it fitted.

I've looked at Nokia and Parrot BT phone kits but:-

1) They don't integrate with the car at all well
2) You can't have the phone through the speakers with the Logic 7 system as it apparently causes enormous interference - thus you have to have one of those footwell speakers which, in my experience, aren't much cop.
3) They can't be integrated to mute the stereo.

Thus - the LR kit seems like the best option. However - my dealer has tried to put me off by saying that it's an unreliable system.

I've seen it priced in the dealer's accessory price list at around £350 for the integrated phone plus more for voice control etc, adding up to around £490. What they couldn't give me a price on (at least they couldn't a couple of weeks ago) was installation. At £100 per hour labour rates for London, it could be a pricey install!

Hope someone can help.

Phil
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 05 TDV6 HSE
Java Black and Alpaca
Side steps, adaptive Xenons, pimp glass.

Post #238115th Apr 2005 11:14 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >