Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

How far should i push this?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
John Fair

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
How far should i push this?

Right lets get one thing straight. I have paid a lot of money for a fully specked car,most of which i could have fitted myself quite easily and possibly to a better standard but i didnt as i wanted it covered by warranty so i can better spend my time on my challenge car. The snorkel is screwed to the front wing by two screws that have a large blanking cap to cover them and make it more pleasing to the eye/keep out dirt etc. One of the caps has fallen off and the other i removed as it was loose and in my opinion should have had a blob of RTV on them to make them stay put. The Norwich dealer is saying he won't replace the missing cap under warranty as it only comes as a whole snorkel kit. Is this my problem? Am i being unreasonable in asking for something that has fallen off my car to be replaced as that was what i thought i paid out the extra money for?

Post #33442720th Aug 2008 12:08 pm
mobyone

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Get him to replace it....

I lost one of the little rubber grommets that sit under the cubby box lid (centre console) and asked LR to simply replace it. They advised that the little rubber foot (there are 2 of them, 1 in each corner of the lid to stop it slamming when you shut it) was not available on it's own so replaced the entire cubby box lid without hesitation.....

Thumbs Up
 What's the point.... it all comes out in the wash anyway!

85 Range Rover
01 Disco Series II
05 D3 V6SE, Bonatti Grey, 19"alloys 

Post #33443320th Aug 2008 12:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

John, I've seen youe car and it looks the Dog's Danglies Thumbs Up . They supplied it, they fitted it and they should fix it. Simple! It might only be a screwcover, but it should stand basic driving, let alone heavy duty off road stuff!

BTW had a great time in Italy, thanks for the advise on the lack of credit card Garages!
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #33443820th Aug 2008 12:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I agree, they fitted it, they should fix it.

I have no doubt the screw cap was a loose fit and the fitter who ever it was choice to leave it as it was the easy option.

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #33443920th Aug 2008 1:10 pm
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

they are quite loose fit, mine currently reside in the centre console after the last time it was cleaned Very Happy
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #33445620th Aug 2008 2:30 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

my one fell out after a long time so i replaced them my self with two land rover thingies that i just ha pend to have i think they are off the doors or some where if you want i will send you two they go in the holes just nice
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication ray@rld-tech.co.uk D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #33460420th Aug 2008 9:33 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

They are not exactly essential itmes inthe grand scheme of life and LR ownership... unless that RAI is for looks not purpose.

Mine are loose and held on by double sided tape. They will fall off. I will not complain. i will leave them off.

I've seen an RAI with NO screw caps Shocked ... it looks the same as an RAI with screw caps... unless you look very close.

If your that worried, call LR customer services and complain... but I would not bother TBH.

Post #33460920th Aug 2008 9:45 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

simon wrote:

I've seen an RAI with NO screw caps Shocked ... it looks the same as an RAI with screw caps... unless you look very close.

Whistle
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #33461520th Aug 2008 9:51 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

i am just to nice Whistle
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication ray@rld-tech.co.uk D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #33461920th Aug 2008 9:58 pm
John Fair

Well thanks for your thoughts but after ANOTHER phone call to dealer but some one higher up it was agreed that it is LRs problem and they have now been ordered. In fact i have had a call to say they are in now! I think i get so p!ssed off due tothe fact i have to go through this "standing my ground" effort on every visit and end up having to go back in again.(see my post on things to improve your landrover). The good news is that SWMBO has told me that the tracker has now stopped working AGAIN Censored and the last time that had to go back to Lincon as Norwich can't fix the Landrover Watch systems Question I feel another "standing my ground " effort coming on Evil or Very Mad

Post #33566523rd Aug 2008 4:22 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

AndrewS wrote:
simon wrote:

Whistle

Rolling with laughter

Post #33567023rd Aug 2008 4:33 pm
John Fair

Sorry it took a few seconds Laughing

Post #33567523rd Aug 2008 4:38 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >