Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Fault code reader experiences?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Dynamic data WRT injectors isn't a sensor value, it's interrogation of the ECM adaptive values

Post #43700611th Mar 2009 11:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dont_tell_him_Pike

England 

10forcash,

Did those injectors come up on the live data as, Injector x or y, persistant fault, currently present. persistant fault occured 200 during 200 cycles etc?

I'm sure autologic has that, but i need to check. It was only a couple days ago i found a glitch on an injector but cant remember what diagnostics i used.

Post #43711612th Mar 2009 2:08 am
BrumLee

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

BBS SPY wrote:
However a few years down the line will ultimately see them a little more appreciative of third party equipment like ours just as those who are forward thiinking already do.

Now the Chinese are buying crate loads of Land Rovers we'll have cheap diagnotic tools coming no doubt Wink all with built in 9 mega pixel cameras and a mp4 player Laughing 8)

Post #43716612th Mar 2009 8:54 am
London Lad

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Dont_tell_him_Pike wrote:
Forgive me London Lad,

'P0101 Mass Air Flow Sensor Signal Error Fault'

I wouldn't get the code, I'll get Mass Air Flow Sensor Signal Fault, Pump active / rail pressure, up & downstream sensor values/ live, & cylinder activity & how many times this fault has occured during how many cycles.

By reading all this data i can pin point this problem within five mins after i've completed the normal interrogation procedures.

But that also depends on what system i'm using.

<Tong in cheek mode on>

Well my cheap one seems to have worked better then, pinpointing the fault without any exteraneous distractions Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
You should never argue with idiots because they will just drag you down to their level....then beat you with experience ! 

Post #43719512th Mar 2009 10:47 am
10forcash

One of the vehicles had DTC's relating to max / min fuel trim limits, the others didn't but the engines were 'lumpy' at idle or stumbled shortly after starting, the cylinder balance live data confirmed which injector was at fault, could have done a crack or spill test on all the injectors but that's time-consuming & messy

Post #43719612th Mar 2009 10:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RR38HANS

Belgium 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Look What I have found

IDS including Landrover DVD

http://www.stargt1factory.com/main/home/cp...mp;catid=0

I e-mailed them and they want 600 usd for it

If we order 3 items price drops to 550 usd

What do you think about it?
 05 TDV6 HSE AUTO 7seats, tonga green/alpaca, alpine roof, privacy glass, tow kit, wood kit, 20" stormers n summer, 18" in winter, fancy exhausts, rear seat ent., club fooked turbo!

RANGE ROVER 1995 SOFTDASH (sold)
RANGE ROVER 1997 P38 (sold)
TRIUMPH TR6 OD
LOTUS EXCEL SE
AUDI A2 TDI 

Post #43723612th Mar 2009 1:43 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Quote:
a working kettle or beer fridge

gotta agree with you there TFC Thumbs Up
Compared to these most important tools, having good or bad diagnostic equipment supplied by ACME or NASA is fairly insignificant.
Very Happy

Post #43724012th Mar 2009 1:53 pm
London Lad

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Interesting !
You should never argue with idiots because they will just drag you down to their level....then beat you with experience ! 

Post #43724712th Mar 2009 2:05 pm
Dont_tell_him_Pike

England 

RR38Hans,

Save your money. These really are cheap copies. I have fitters showing me what they've bought near on every time i go to another workshop. We cant get them to work, & when we can, it doesn't communicate. The company that sells them started out calling themselves Star gate One, making key readers at half price. You ended up buying the geniune software to use them. The end result was you spent more money than buying the proper tool in the first place.

I think i still have a couple of them that different garages gave me.

BBS & TFC,

I think the tea thing is typically english. I dont listen to how many vehicles need attention or even what the faults are, until i know they have a kitchen or kettle.

Most of my incoming calls start with, " i've got a kettle, i'll put in on as soon as you arrive" else they've got no chance!

Post #43736212th Mar 2009 7:14 pm
10forcash

Dont_tell_him_Pike wrote:
We cant get them to work, & when we can, it doesn't communicate..... The end result was you spent more money than buying the proper tool in the first place.
Exactly why I bought an Autologic after a bad experience with ... well, work it out for yourself Whistle  
Post #43749812th Mar 2009 11:25 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Indeed Iain,
I fully support your reasoning and decision as you know, definitely the best for you because you are trade where time is money, and i am most glad that you are happy with it. I read good things about you and i respect you for that, And i can see that Pike has obviously decided to get one of everything to be sure and cover all bases which seems like a good plan and puts him an a knowledgeable situation.

As you will know, it has now been very nearly 2 years since we released our first ever software for Disco 3, which i happily admit was quite naturally very buggy.

Many would and did expect and accept that, however in this field, 2 years really is a monumental period of time. During which I have even acquired my very own Disco 3 as seen on the videos, as well as a building full bench test set.
Click image to enlarge

So we may well have got off to a rocky start in respect of our D3 software, and at present our feature list is only just starting to get interesting, however we are most committed to adding D3/ Sport to our system in exactly the same full on vein and respect as have all previous models, and as even our competitors are likely to agree, that means we fully intend and are extremely likely in due course to be the providers of the most detailed and feature rich and capable system at the lowest cost for Disco 3's owners / enthusiasts to look after their own cars that there is. Just as we currently are for all earlier models. It's just what we love doing with a passion.

And now i am also blessed with being able to count on the help and support of quite a number of members of this board to ensure that we concentrate our efforts in just the right areas and get things right and running smoother that much quicker as well, things never looked so rosy.

Here is a link to a mirror copy of the latest version of the entire Car Configuration Editing HTML page from our system we are a few days away from releasing to be tested.
www.blackbox-solutions.com/photos/CCF_disco3_new.htm
Its still needing some work done on text, descriptions and ordering, which should one of my guys should have finished by this afternoon and i will then update the page. Of course the CCF is just one of the many powerful features we will also be introducing at the same time, but i thought you might like to see just how well all the smoke is now clearing Very Happy

Of course i should note that in addition to getting the bugs out, improving our hardware and making the system perform silkily smooth, We have also reduced the cost of our equipment quite a bit so now D3 owners can have a complete system (all hardware and software excluding PC) that covers absolutely all their vehicle on board systems from just 400 GBP (Read & Clear Fault codes only) or 700 GBP for full on and increasing in capability.

Post #43764513th Mar 2009 11:23 am
Dont_tell_him_Pike

England 

Now this is getting interesting & i would be great to discuss a few issues from knowledgable experiance.

When i'm on the phones receiving calls from literally all around the world with regards to ecu programming, & general diagnostics, not just from the little back street garages may i add, but from some of the biggest main land rover dealers as well, The first thing i get established is what diagnostics system they're using.

When they reply, T4 or whatever system proceeded that, Autologic or Rovacom i relax them & briefly explain what to do. There's no problem at all.

If they reply Auotdiagnos, i have to stay on the phone & talk them through the whole procedure as they program whatever they're programming.

I far as i'm concerned the top three are T4, Autologic, Rovacom, The latter two being way superior to the former.

When i'm out on the road or in the field or whatever, & fronted with a non start situation, the Autologic is used.

Usaully within a few moments the problem is staring me in the face. So a quick interrogation, clean or change the defective component & off i go. Job done.
If the vehicle is already running, very lumpy & unbalanced i use the rovacom. The live data is superb in the speed it's accessed. If i've got two vehicles on the go then the Autologic & the Rovacom are used.

However, if the vehicles are 2002+ then i use the Autologic, but sometimes the module cannot produce the data needed for me to determine how the fault occured, which i find damned annoying as i cant explain to the fitter or customer what happened. I go away feeling a little defeated as the fault might occur again.

Now, this is how i see it, on the 2004+ all the canbus stuff, if im in a workshop then it's the Autologic, as it can be picked up, chucked on the seat, put on the floor & even kicked without me worrying. Great for the bread & butter stuff. More challenging then i need to get out the MSV & the laptop.

This is a great piece of kit to have, the private customers love it & just stand looking at the page after page of data & settings.

But to use this in the workshop is murder, fresh gloves on, any cuts or burns/scuffs need to be sucked before blood gets on screen of the msv & the dust that gets inside the laptop is unreal. I hate it.

So at this moment in time, the Autologic has the top place in the workshop, although a little more time is needed but i can work with grease, blood or whatever else i'm smothered in.

For the private customer who stops by at my home, the MSV, as it's nice, sleek & clean & the customers think i'm amazing.

Why cant the MSV be put inside a hard touch screen system, then i really would class that system as the best good alrounder ever produced. But here's until such a time.

Post #43773413th Mar 2009 2:17 pm
Dont_tell_him_Pike

England 

Forgive me BBS,

I've just read your signature & it does explain that your systems are for private owners only.

BUT WHY?

Post #43773913th Mar 2009 2:24 pm
pom

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

BBSSPY, I see on your vehicle config page under infotainment you list USB2 and USB1.

Is this is the same as a PC USB? If so where do I plug in Mr. Green

Pom

Post #43774513th Mar 2009 2:32 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Looking good Colin Thumbs Up

Which one is the 4x4 screen ? is it "Land Rover mode for Navigation HMI" or does it need a mixure of things enabling ?
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #43774613th Mar 2009 2:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >