Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Fault Results
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
BN

England 
Fault Results

To update you all on the car cutting out and the scraunching noise and the bong on the keys.

These posts may be a bit lost, so here are the results:

Engine cutout and car dash resetting its self. May have been due to three earth wires under the car wing. All cleaned and tightened. Dealer confident that was the problem, not unusual.

Scraunching sound from wheel on full lock:
Bad weld catching on full lock. Weld splash not cleaned. Not serious, will wear down on a couple of turns or so. Bad quality control.

Key in ignition bong:
Not available on Testbook. It is there to add to security and stop you leaving the key in lock to reduce car theft. To cancel, could cause problems as Woodman said with the alarm.

There you go, simple. My dealer has to be one of the best. Even apologised because I returned for the car 1/2 hour too early and car not cleaned. Not bad eh, when I left it at 10am collected their loan car, went to a business meeting and back for my D3 at 11:30.

What a dealer, beat that Very Happy

Post #1249016th Aug 2005 10:07 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Excellent. But I have an alternative to the graunching noise on full lock,

If you look at the front edge of the lower suspension arms, there is a V shaped recess, which rests on a large peg when at full lock. It is the lock stop.

Mine was not greased, and any suspension movement when on full lock caused a graunching noise.

It may be here that your dealer found the weld spatter, but since I greased mine its been quiet.

Post #1249916th Aug 2005 10:19 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

On the key warning issue, this can be disabled. However, as a result of UK insurance companies not being willing to pay out for loss as a result of keys being left in the vehicle (read ignition) the manufacturer will not admit to it being possible to disable the warning, or allow dealers to disable it.

The setting value is most definitely there in the CCF.

Post #1252617th Aug 2005 12:12 am
Winger
Site Moderator 

Winger wrote:
On the key warning issue, this can be disabled. However, as a result of UK insurance companies not being willing to pay out for loss as a result of keys being left in the vehicle (read ignition) the manufacturer will not admit to it being possible to disable the warning, or allow dealers to disable it.

I've double checked on this; the key warning is "market dependent" apparently; if you are in a market (such as the UK) where it is a "market feature", the T4 diagnostic software won't allow it to be turned off. The setting is in the body ECU module, and is called "Key In Warning". What I haven't been able to figure yet is whether the option just isn't there in the UK software, or is "greyed out".

We have just taken delivery of two D3s to join the work fleet (overseas) and I was in one last week and the key warning merely appeared on the dash LCD - no bong. Being cynical, I checked the other vehicle in case it was a fault, but it behaved the same. I now need to figure where the vehicles were imported from (they are left hookers).

Post #1254817th Aug 2005 8:33 am
BN

England 

Winger wrote:
Winger wrote:

I've double checked on this; the key warning is "market dependent" apparently; if you are in a market (such as the UK) where it is a "market feature", the T4 diagnostic software won't allow it to be turned off. The setting is in the body ECU module, and is called "Key In Warning". What I haven't been able to figure yet is whether the option just isn't there in the UK software, or is "greyed out".

We have just taken delivery of two D3s to join the work fleet (overseas) and I was in one last week and the key warning merely appeared on the dash LCD - no bong. Being cynical, I checked the other vehicle in case it was a fault, but it behaved the same. I now need to figure where the vehicles were imported from (they are left hookers).

The detail is 'greyed out' on my dealers Testbook. UK vehicle

Post #1255817th Aug 2005 9:03 am
Winger
Site Moderator 

That fits....

Post #1256517th Aug 2005 9:33 am
BN

England 

Winger wrote:
That fits....

My HSE is due into Holland on Friday, I will get Ton to check it out as that was bought from Gib. Its 2 weeks into service now and should have done 5000ish miles by then. So far no probs at all with it apart from a puncture, fingers crossed.

Post #1256717th Aug 2005 9:41 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >